Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Light Gun Man posted:

i dunno, we do mostly dumb video game stuff, from other languages into english

That's actually kind of cool. Do you translate or do you just make sure that the translated English makes sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SweetKarma posted:

That's actually kind of cool. Do you translate or do you just make sure that the translated English makes sense?

I'm the english editor and image editor. I wrangle the actual translators and attempt to get them to work, usually failing. I'm lazy as gently caress too though so it works out

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I enjoy building guitar from scratch :) For a couple of months I've been working on a travel-sized one with a walnut neck/stock and a pine body (from a piece of wood from a tree knocked down in my yard by a storm last year). I'm doing it without a truss rod, so I can't do metal strings bc. the tension would warp or crack the neck. So it's nylon strings, which means no ordinary pickups. Instead, I'm installing a piezo pickup in it, which is the same kind of system found in clip-on guitar tuners. It's going to be really good. Only problem atm is that I may have overclamped the neck when i glued it in the body, so now theres a slight but noticeable backbow to it. I'm hoping it won't be a problem and that the string tension will pull it back up a bit...

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Minimalist Program posted:

I enjoy building guitar from scratch :) For a couple of months I've been working on a travel-sized one with a walnut neck/stock and a pine body (from a piece of wood from a tree knocked down in my yard by a storm last year). I'm doing it without a truss rod, so I can't do metal strings bc. the tension would warp or crack the neck. So it's nylon strings, which means no ordinary pickups. Instead, I'm installing a piezo pickup in it, which is the same kind of system found in clip-on guitar tuners. It's going to be really good. Only problem atm is that I may have overclamped the neck when i glued it in the body, so now theres a slight but noticeable backbow to it. I'm hoping it won't be a problem and that the string tension will pull it back up a bit...

that is legit badass. how is the timbre on them?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Minimalist Program posted:

I don't know anything about musical instruments, but the fact that you built part of it from a knocked down tree in your yard is pretty amazing.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Tonsured posted:

Wow! That makes sense because birds can fly! And beavers can't! but then again house flies can fly, so maybe they're averes too?

Yeah but bats are flying mammals so maybe birds are mammals oh wait op said yahoo said they weren't so nvm

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
After reading the op my new hobby is burying explosive devices on the beach that explode when they are dug up, spraying whatever is directly above them with shrapnel.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i sit at home in my underpants writing my manifesto and crying bitter tears of rage

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i like doing that thing where you flick your pen around your thumb that's kinda my hobby

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I enjoy bird-watching, reading, writing, fishing, chess, and video games. I have lots of hobbies as they keep me busy enough to not sabotage my own life with my stupid desires and urges.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SweetKarma posted:

I did a quick Yahoo! Answers search on this poo poo and no, birds are not mammals they are averes or something. Thanks 4th grade teacher.

My hobby is making myself feel superior by correcting strangers on the interwebs.

Mamals are defined by live birth and having mamary glands to feed their young... do birds do either of those?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

op i listen to lots of music, play the piano and read books a lot. also football (soccer). thanks for asking. :D

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

opus111 posted:

op i listen to lots of music, play the piano and read books a lot. also football (soccer). thanks for asking. :D

also this but minus the piano. omg we are like the same person!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Recently I've started running CYOAs.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i do various drugs, shitpost on the internet, play open D A G chords on my guitar. welp that's about it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i collect pictures of former presidents sacrificing children at bohemian grove

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I catch javelins

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

my new hobby is trolling college kids on yik yak. any tips would be appreciated.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
I involve myself in every aspect of my children's lives and moniter each interaction they have in their environment to ensure a favorable outcome. I don't even use my first name any more, i refer to myself as Hunter and Jackson's Dad.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i collect bits of nibiru that have broken free and landed on earth

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i tie them around my neck on a strip of burlap to enhance orgasms and stave off reptilians

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
fishing, shooting, kitchen chemistry and all th gay normal poo poo people do like reading/movies/music/games etc

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nibiru quartzite makes human meat tough and inedible

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
To tie in with cool outdoors stuff, a girlfriend left me a few months ago so I picked up being a beach bum and skim boarding. In tan as hell now, and I have noticed many personal health benefits to the physical activity.

Also I am very impressed at this hobbies for detecting the retreating avennes from your factory lake. Try bringing this research to light in this thread for peer review?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I'm downloading Siri for Dummies right now

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I steal plain women's cotton underwear from their clothesline and embroider delicate and feminine patterns on them before returning them to the line. My local paper and police bulletins refers to me as Jolly Saint Knickers.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i clear my apartment with my assalt rifle . but its just for fun its not loaded or if it is i practice decent trigger dicipline. sometimes i point my rifle at cars out my window and see if I can pretend shoot them as they pass (i do pull the trigger for this but i make sure its not chambered. usually i just remember if it is or not). its always good to be prepared for the blue helmets

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
My hobby is doing unexpected things at random intervals, LIKE yelling EVERY other WORD or walking down a crowded sidewalk and spazzing out while going 'BLEUALLLAUIAARGGHHHHHH!' This will convince the alien monitors that I am defective and unworthy of further study.

Also macrame owls.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Anime.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I read and collect comic books. I play WoW. I smoke tons of hookah. I post on Something Awful Dot Com. I use tumblr unironically. I used to make music and DJ but I don't anymore. I watch a lot of TV.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Thingyman posted:

that is legit badass. how is the timbre on them?

Pretty good. I build electrics though - so while the wood/body has a definite influence on the tone, much of your mileage still comes from what pickups and electronics you stuff in them and how you align everything. This travel guitar thing is the first overtly acoustic thing I've built and since its meant for travel use, its not overly resonant or loud at all. I really have only a vague idea of what kind of sound its going to have at the moment, though I won't really mind if its really quiet when its unplugged. It probably will be. I've been gathering material for doing an archtop build for a couple years now, but I'm dragging my feet because its a scary project, and I recently broke my favourite chisel... :(

SweetKarma posted:

I don't know anything about musical instruments, but the fact that you built part of it from a knocked down tree in your yard is pretty amazing.

Its a kickass hobby :)

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I collect drugs but don't do them. Not until the collection is full. Also have a cabinet full of Gundam models.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I have lots of hobbies and I love them all:
- Gardening (I grow hops and superhotpeppers)
- Piano
- Event planning (currently chairing a charity drive, assisting with a huge keg party, and chairing my 20th HS reunion)
- Video gaming
- Bridge (the card game)
- Rare IPA beer tasting & rating

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Numismatics, tobacco cards, and heroin you fuckin losers.Also this

CrazyScot posted:

CDM, Crying, Drinking and Masturbating. The best thing about my three hobbies is that you can do all of them at the same time without taking away any of the fun of any individual hobby.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i solder things

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I draw/paint, take photos, and collect small [found] objects (preferably shiny ones)

I used to bake/cook and read and write and give bjs blahblahblah.

hobbies are nice to have.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I wanna get back into woodcarving, so I can make myself a fancy shank.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive really gotten into chinese cooking

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TEAYCHES posted:

ive really gotten into chinese cooking

How do you get them into the pot?:v::suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
is looking up weird fetishes on the internet a hobby? if not, origami

• Locked thread