Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I don't see die when am I supposed to die somebody please tell me when to die????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont get it the "get a management job" is eight years before the "make 40k a year" lol um fellas

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tell me when to go
tell me when to go
tell me when to goooo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
hey im kinda doing okay (:

also this infograph makes me feel a little better about how little i make -- next raise should put me 22 years ahead of the game!

lmao if you think anyone is buying a flat much less multiple houses on 40k though

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
People will believe anything if you put it on a chart

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

How big of a loan do I need to take out to get my first kiss?

You're going to need some collateral, that's for sure.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont get it the "get a management job" is eight years before the "make 40k a year" lol um fellas

the ppl in the chart work at gamestop

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
How are you supposed to land a full time job at 19 when you're still studying full time and don't have a car license?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
is it legal to murder the artist who made that chart for quantifying all of life in having a bunch of lovely kids and not measuring life in casual sex, learning other languages, and doing cool stuff?

not a single talent or craft mentioned? why not just make every step 'suck dick for money and buy suits w/ the money'

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

just lol "start earning 40k a year by the time you're 37 with two kids and a mortgage and a car" yes this is a great plan if you want to die destitute in the gutter and bequeath your children nothing but debt

i don't even care if it's pounds or euros or rubles or whatever the gently caress, if your life goal is to earn a yearly wage equal to your current age x1000 then you done hosed up

maybe if it was talking about the average rate of return on all of your accumulated investment income working out to ~40k/year they'd kind of have a point

but then get your DL when you're 20? i can't even

ronnie bren
Apr 18, 2014

how many loans do i need to take out to buy that first baby that i was supposed to have last year?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Buy a house before you start earning a decent wage. Smart.

e: After having a kid.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Welp I'm hosed, I'm 35 and I only just bought my first (used) car. On the plus side, my $550/month student loan payment has probably created more jobs over the last seven years than I could ever imagine!

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

this one is more accurate hth

edit: also the chart uses the word partner but all of the images are exclusively heterosexual in orientation so this absolutely doesn't apply to queer-mos or gay dads or whatever you call sodomites these days

Freaking Crumbum fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 21, 2015

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

also if you haven't had your first kiss yet just kiss the next 13 year old you see. it counts for both of you, even retroactively, and the cops can't arrest you because you're helping a kid with his/her first milestone

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Pretty sure it doesn't count as buying your own car if it's your parents buying it for you.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Full Metal Jackass posted:

If you beat all these milestones earlier do I get an acheivement?

yes, you get to die sooner.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

lordoftheT posted:

Pretty sure it doesn't count as buying your own car if it's your parents buying it for you.

:agreed:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Applewhite posted:

Who the gently caress waits 'till 20 to get their drivers' license? You get that poo poo when you're 16, brah.

Me. This is what happens when your parents can't afford to put you on insurance in high school, and getting a job anywhere to afford said insurance requires a car.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 21, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

withak posted:

Welp I'm hosed, I'm 35 and I only just bought my first (used) car. On the plus side, my $550/month student loan payment has probably created more jobs over the last seven years than I could ever imagine!

II am sure you will have your first kiss any day now if you just keep positive :)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Ddraig posted:

We have stuff like the NHS which means we don't have to spend our life savings on crippling debt if we break a leg.

Not for long bitch

Cameron ftw

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

so from 39 to 60 is just pure boredom and monotonous routine?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

toggle posted:

so from 39 to 60 is just pure boredom and monotonous routine?
yes but from birth to 39 and 60 to death too. except for the first and last few years where you poo poo yourself a lot and don't remember anything

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
more evidence for my suicide manifesto

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

withak posted:

You're 35 and you are paying $550 a month on student loan repayments? What a great system you guys have over there

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

concerned mom posted:

You're 35 and you are paying $550 a month on student loan repayments? What a great system you guys have over there

Yeah it's p. awesome.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
You can really tell this was made by someone who is near-dead. The idea of ever being able to buy your own home let alone a second is pretty hilarious these days.

Also, no gays.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol if you don't own 3+ houses with your chimpanzee wife at age 36

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Is first kiss a euphemism for losing your virginity?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

EngineerSean posted:

II am sure you will have your first kiss any day now if you just keep positive :)

Thanks buddy, here's hoping!

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Prison Warden posted:

You can really tell this was made by someone who is near-dead. The idea of ever being able to buy your own home let alone a second is pretty hilarious these days.

I did it kind of backwards and bought my first house when I was 18, and had my first kid at 36. Still never had a full time job either (contract work though).

I know one guy who has still not reached that first step and he's 38.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Can't wait for the milestone "last baby boomer dies and corpse is burned in a trash pile"

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Guavanaut posted:

yes but from birth to 39 and 60 to death too. except for the first and last few years where you poo poo yourself a lot and don't remember anything

thanks to alcohol you can squeeze in many more years where you poo poo yourself a lot and don't remember anything

i highly recommend

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

looks like a great roadmap for a loving hellish repressed and miserable life ngl

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

homeless poster posted:

edit: also the chart uses the word partner but all of the images are exclusively heterosexual in orientation

you know the word partner isn't exclusively for homosexuals right? do you feel it's being disingenuous because it makes the assumption that people reading it won't all be the same gender? should they have used "heterosexual couple" instead?

like the couple in the chart is giving birth to children but it's the fact that it doesn't include a drawing of a same sex couple that tipped you off that it may not apply to most gays.

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 21, 2015

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

partner is a lame rear end way to refer to your husband or wife, have some drat romance, its not a business arrangement

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fonzarelli posted:

partner is a lame rear end way to refer to your husband or wife, have some drat romance, its not a business arrangement

what about associate or team member?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

I agree, even if you are gay but it still makes sense to use for brevity's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

it's just 100% of that post was bad and i wanted to point it out is all

• Locked thread