Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I went to this warehouse place and they did a demo for me and so you use just like dish detergent and water and so you wash the window like you would a dish

The key however to the perfect window is using a rubber spatula to finish it.

God drat it comes up good

I know this thread isn't about personal computers and if I get probed it'll still be worth it. You guyes need to know the TRUTh, and that is that clean windows isn't about fancy cleaning chemicals but about having the correct tools for the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
We have an open home on the weekend and I need people to give me hundreds of thousands of dollars so I can finally reach my goal of being 3/4 mil in the hole

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
with your tongue

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i went to https://tonymacx86.com to learn how to clean windows off of my pc. it was pretty easy once u figure it out. hth, op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

angry_keebler posted:

with your tongue

this cleans the b-hole

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

post the window cleaning youtube

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

echinopsis posted:

The key however to the perfect window is using a rubber spatula to finish it.

i have many windows and would like to know more about this specifically

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i got one of those rubber squeegue things you see real window cleaners use. basically, you realise exactly why pros use those things. they do a fuckin amazing job at wiping the soapy water off and the windows are left flawless (if you washed them well enough in the first place). still learning a few tricks, any water left at top will run down and cause a line but i can deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9-zq6ptIBo

this dude does an S method. ive never done that but maybe i should

key is using squeegee on an angle not perpendiular to your motion and wiping blade with towel between lifts if yiou do

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
seriously its totally revolutionised window cleaning for me. i used to hassle with spray n wipe glass cleaner and it was always an average job but this owns

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.
what is the end goal here

are you going to go on and become proficient in cleaning historic stained glass and/or crt monitors

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
seems like a good job for kids to have to case the neighbours

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
did you clean the windows with mushroom sponges and mescaline OP? youd probably be quite the window licker afterwards.. :goatdrugs:

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
or wait maybe you smashed it with a mechanical keyboard idk

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Squeegees own, not only because they're really useful, but also because they have a cool-sounding name.

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

good poo poo. might step up the window game and try the echitechnique this weekend

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

seriously its totally revolutionised window cleaning for me. i used to hassle with spray n wipe glass cleaner and it was always an average job but this owns

lol

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.
This is the most worthless horse poo poo I've read all day.

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

Ok, cool, got it. Anymore more pathetically mundane bullshit in your life that you'd like to keep us updated on?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

black pete posted:

This is the most worthless horse poo poo I've read all day.

ask you mum to install a window in your absement coz this thread is relevant to any human who lives aboev the surface of the earth

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

ask you mum to install a window in your absement coz this thread is relevant to any human who lives aboev the surface of the earth

i live in a converted missle silo op

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I haven't looked at a window in over 6 years, god bless my fiber connection.

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

echinopsis posted:

Yeah you've got a point. Despite being the most pointless and utterly boring crap currently on the first page, at least it's relevant if you need a window installed in your mother's basement.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The 50 year old YOSPOS man learned today, finally, how to wash a window well.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mixed my obesity with my self diagnosed diabetes to learn a new skill

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I seriously thought this was going to be an ulillillia thread

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

GoldenTeeth posted:

what is the end goal here

are you going to go on and become proficient in cleaning historic stained glass and/or crt monitors

the goal is to make the window so clean and streakless that birds start flying into it and dying. if you have a pile of birds outside the window the next morning, you know you did an excellent job

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

the goal is to make the window so clean and streakless that birds start flying into it and dying. if you have a pile of birds outside the window the next morning, you know you did an excellent job

irl my real job has crosswalks that are windowed in between buildings on our campus and this was a Real Problem

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*person walks through glass window, slicing face and eye*

*hilarity ensues*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You should have gay sex with the window

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

wow, text me

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thinking of switching careers?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
could combine them, like clean a window and open it and then sell the people isnide drugs, then climb back down and go to the next window

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
remember that website that makes it look like a dog is licking ur screen? anyone gotta link

pram
Jun 10, 2001
goatse.co

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Sniep posted:

could combine them, like clean a window and open it and then sell the people isnide drugs, then climb back down and go to the next window

I read a book once about a guy in the czech republic who would clean the windows and also the housewives inside

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also he was an ex surgeon which is kinda like a pharmacist

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

"farm"acist... hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
window cleaner on tall ladder: ooohh err misses, you might want to shut your curtains. i can see your taint!!
woman: YOSPOS

• Locked thread