Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Dead Gay Romans Syndrome

sorry mate uve got it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

killmeimmafailure posted:

Sudden infant death syndrome is a thing. It really kills babies, but we don't know the exact casual mechanisms. Otherwise we'd give the baby the "don't die" vaccination and bitch about when dingus living an "off the grid" lifestyle have their babies die because vaccinations cause autism

interestingly enough some countries give out a cardboard box full of stuff when you have a baby, and you're supposed to put the baby in a box. somehow this reduced SIDS like a crazy amount, putting your baby in a cardboard box.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

numberoneposter posted:

Dead Gay Romans Syndrome

sorry mate uve got it!!

Just asked my doc about this and he just rolled his eyes and told me to take an Advil.

I don't think he understand how real this disease is and how much it affects me. I tried to hand him the 25 pages I printed out from the Dead Gay Romans Syndrome forums, with testimonials from other sufferers of this debilitating disease, but he I'm pretty sure he just threw them out.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Just asked my doc about this and he just rolled his eyes and told me to take an Advil.

I don't think he understand how real this disease is and how much it affects me. I tried to hand him the 25 pages I printed out from the Dead Gay Romans Syndrome forums, with testimonials from other sufferers of this debilitating disease, but he I'm pretty sure he just threw them out.

Hey, try faking a disease that gets cooler drugs next time
http://nyketamine.com/depression/faq/

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
Doctor I have very Irremediable Bowels, may I have some heroin please?

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fonzarelli posted:

interestingly enough some countries give out a cardboard box full of stuff when you have a baby, and you're supposed to put the baby in a box. somehow this reduced SIDS like a crazy amount, putting your baby in a cardboard box.

I've always wondered if sids is the equivalent of "a black man did it". Like maybe a depressed new mother got a little regretful.

E: I have sad, fat syndrome. I want an appetite suppressant and something that helps me get out of bed in the morning.

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 21, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

op has foetal alcohol bullshit

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
Reverse Byzantine Colorectal Fiddle Fucker Syndrome is real and terrible.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

op, fetal alcohol syndrome is real, your ears aren't supposed to look like that and you're only retarded because your mommy drank

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Reverse Byzantine Colorectal Fiddle Fucker Syndrome is real and terrible.

Listen my friend uses a lot of my toilet paper

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

op, fetal alcohol syndrome is real, your ears aren't supposed to look like that and you're only retarded because your mommy drank

No no no, this is just how Slavic people look normally.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

I've always wondered if sids is the equivalent of "a black man did it". Like maybe a depressed new mother got a little regretful.

Yeah, we already know the mechanism for SIDS. It involves a pillow and parents who can lie to the cops really well. Not that there's anything wrong with that, abortions should be legal up to the 11th trimester anyway.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah coroners don't check for suffocation or abuse because it's really depressing to get a baby corpse in your practice

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Yeah coroners don't check for suffocation or abuse because it's really depressing to get a baby corpse in your practice

Yeah I was going to say. Death by dingo is much more likely.

This is rapidly moving to "how to kill a baby" so imma check out

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

This is rapidly moving to "how to kill a baby" so imma check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_birth

More stuff: "It will save both the sanity of the mother and the child and safeguard the home to which they will go." Furthermore, L. Ron goes on to admonish, "the maintaining of silence does not mean a volley of 'sh's,' for those make stammerers." After a delivery that's "as calm and no-talk as possible," the baby should "be wrapped somewhat tightly in a warm blanket, very soft, and then left alone for a day or so."

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 21, 2015

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

God drat it. Proof positive that Scientology was invented by a man, ammirite girls?

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

It's because if the baby is in the box it's not bed sharing with the parents. Co-sleeping is possibly correlated with SIDS.

From memory I think the biggest drop in SIDS deaths was after they stopped advising parents to put babies on their tummies to sleep to avoid SIDS, and changed it to a definitely do not put a baby on it's tummy.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strong Convections posted:

It's because if the baby is in the box it's not bed sharing with the parents. Co-sleeping is possibly correlated with SIDS.

From memory I think the biggest drop in SIDS deaths was after they stopped advising parents to put babies on their tummies to sleep to avoid SIDS, and changed it to a definitely do not put a baby on it's tummy.

That's why you swaddle a baby, no?

E: oh some people say it's bad for sids others say it's good. I dunno I don't know babies

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 21, 2015

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Fonzarelli posted:

ghosts don't take kindly to polygonal surfaces

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

That's why you swaddle a baby, no?

The only swaddling baby advice I've heard is that it's good for keeping crack babies calm :stare:

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strong Convections posted:

The only swaddling baby advice I've heard is that it's good for keeping crack babies calm :stare:

That or pre-mies or whatever. I saw an article about it and vaguely remembered it to being tangentially related to sids. Again, i don't particularly care

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress swaddling when you can do this auspicious looking poo poo

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Or you firmly wrap a baby in a blanket to increase rem sleep, according to the bullshit I read on Wikipedia right now. There's probably religious bents or whatever so who gives a gently caress. I never want children so this is a complete nonissue for me

E: In my defense and not in the defense of Scientology, you're not arguing a positive you're only comparing my completely apathetic views to unfavorable stuff.

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 21, 2015

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Yeah I confused IBD with IBS there

But serotonin agonists that aren't absorbed by the gut can control IBS

It just increases intestinal motility, just like loperamide decreases it. It certainly would help with IBS which consists entirely of women not eating properly.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Boomstick Quaid posted:

gently caress swaddling when you can do this auspicious looking poo poo

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
SIDS or wedon'twanttoprosecutethemomforherstupidmistake syndrome

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Well I do know that taking psilocybin with IBS causes extreme violent hot liquid shits, so it seems like there's something to it

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys have you read the opera book club book "the secret"?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Oh I love opera, but how does that translate to a book? Or are you not supposed to tell me?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Well I do know that taking psilocybin with IBS causes extreme violent hot liquid shits, so it seems like there's something to it

It gives me some serious gas.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
If it wasn't a secret, how would book sell? Makes u think

Again, I'm just bullshitting. I wouldn't take advice from an Internet forum the same way I wouldn't take advice from old wives tales about rearing children.

I just get frustrated with people who don't understand how statistics work. I mean, again I'm not a doctor, but all sorts of incorrect statistical inferences get made all the time by really smart people. And measurement tools can be wrong, I'm just sayin'

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

wanna slam my rear end in a top hat down on this

going to positively think about it till it becomes real and im full spread slidin on down

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Do the gluten free idiots have a name for their syndrome yet? I'm not talking about the tiny proportion of people with actual Celiacs, but all those weirdos who think gluten makes them sick. They're my favourite, especially since you give them something that's gluten free but then lie and say it's actually full of gluten and they magically get stomach cramps and diarrhea. Or you give them something with gluten but say it's gluten free and they're fine.

Another favourite syndrome of mine is local - it mainly affects Australians living in the region of South Gippsland. Apparently the people with this syndrome get migraines and insomnia and nosebleeds and crap from wind turbines, causing them to complain loudly on right-wing radio and in tabloids about wind turbines. But this syndrome doesn't affect people in say Spain or Denmark where there are a hell of a lot more wind turbines. It only affects Australians.

It's fun how certain syndromes primarily affect those on certain sides of politics.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

IronClaymore posted:

Do the gluten free idiots have a name for their syndrome yet? I'm not talking about the tiny proportion of people with actual Celiacs, but all those weirdos who think gluten makes them sick. They're my favourite, especially since you give them something that's gluten free but then lie and say it's actually full of gluten and they magically get stomach cramps and diarrhea. Or you give them something with gluten but say it's gluten free and they're fine.

Another favourite syndrome of mine is local - it mainly affects Australians living in the region of South Gippsland. Apparently the people with this syndrome get migraines and insomnia and nosebleeds and crap from wind turbines, causing them to complain loudly on right-wing radio and in tabloids about wind turbines. But this syndrome doesn't affect people in say Spain or Denmark where there are a hell of a lot more wind turbines. It only affects Australians.

It's fun how certain syndromes primarily affect those on certain sides of politics.

we need more serious diseases that only affect austrailians, besides alcoholism

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

IronClaymore posted:

Do the gluten free idiots have a name for their syndrome yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-celiac_gluten_sensitivity

It's very stupid and dumb unless they have circulating anti-gliadin antibodies

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Hey guys, there's no such thing as oxygen or gravity or cats. PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Non-symptomatic radiation poisoning is also a good one. Literally the only people who died or will die because of the Fukishima meltdown radiation are those who were so scared they were poisoned by it that they killed themselves.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's almost like fad diets are fads and the thing that makes them work is paying attention to what you eat

E: it's the same reason cross fit "works". Yeah if you and your buddies spaz for an hour every day you're going to see results as a production of motivation to go to the gym and burn calories as a result of said spazzing

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 21, 2015

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

IronClaymore posted:

Non-symptomatic radiation poisoning is also a good one. Literally the only people who died or will die because of the Fukishima meltdown are those who were so scared they were poisoned by it that they killed themselves.

Sounds likely a trendy way for the Japanese to escape the dishonor of suicide a la the Koreans' use of fan death in newspaper obituaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Radiation needs to be transmitted via vector like dust.

E: not a vector, I guess because it's inanimate

• Locked thread