Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
NA:
1-TSM because i love america and keven is the only poster itt that provides any real analysis
2-TiP
3-C9
4-Liquid (the Red Sox sure as poo poo didn't win the world series in 2005)

I don't know how any of the other teams are going to do. Every other team is either new, lost key players, or both. And who loving knows how CLG will end up, they might make playoffs or they might need to fight TDK for auto-relegation.

edit: also if any of the above is wrong it's probably going to be C9 loving it up - who knows how they're going to do with incarnation. They'll either maintain their strategic dominance and make up for Hai's lack of carry-mode and wreck the split, or they're going to totally lose their mojo like Gambit and fall into mediocrity.

mushi fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

EU is best summarized with Giants at the bottom and the rest just being one big JOHN loving MADDEN thing between everyone else. Until playoffs where Fnatic just wins.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Gin posted:

Just joined up, IGN is Baing. Are we playing for mystery gifts here?

I was planning on doing it just for fun, but I'll throw in a mystery gift to the winner.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

The fantasy thread was wildly unsuccessful.

gently caress you my posts were good. :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jenny Angel posted:

gently caress you my posts were good. :(
Your posts were the only reason to have ever read the fantasy thread

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Flameingblack posted:

This is a ringing endorsement for fantasy posts in the main thread

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you Flameingblack, you are a kind soul.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
NA

1. Cloud 9 - Assuming Incarnation doesn't implode on stage having a serious threat in the midlane will be a Super Namekian powerup for C9. No other team is getting anywhere near the same theoretical boost to their roster as they are.
2. TL - The new CLG.
3. TSM - Camp Dyrus.
4. TiP
5. Team 8 - Nien is a solid upgrade, but Cali is too volatile and Slooshi can't carry without LB.

EU

1. Fnatic - A lot like Cloud 9 in that they're getting a substantial roster upgrade on top of already being a great team.
2. H2K
3. UOL

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flameingblack posted:

I honestly really liked the discussions in the fantasy thread, when we got some going. It's just that the lack of interested posters made them hard to carry on properly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Transient People posted:

I honestly really liked the discussions in the fantasy thread, when we got some going. It's just that the lack of interested posters made them hard to carry on properly.
There was like four people really into it who would trade around and talk about it, then everyone else once in a while would pop in to say "gently caress you for taking Fnatic"

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lovechop posted:

NA is getting invaded by mediocre EU adc's lol

steelback, jebus and now pinoy :I

I'm looking forward to Pinoy vs Doublelift, Round 2.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I want to see Crown on Cassio but this Samsung comp sucks out loud

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

http://ask.fm/crscop/answer/128046827018

Basically cop wanted to quit for over six months now. Altec becoming a free agent/relegated was the pushing point.

Edit: Jin air is MANHANDLING IM.

With a Yasuo.

Calax fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 22, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
S4 summer KT Arrows are like my favorite League team ever, so KT and Invictus both starting things off with 2-0s today brings warmth to my heart.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol Yasuo sucks.

Can't wait to watch the KT games.

fnox
May 19, 2013

is cop leaving gravity to become a model? more at 8.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Yasuo is now undefeated in the Summer of LCK for 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Calax posted:

Yasuo is now undefeated in the Summer of LCK for 2015

hahahaha.

I honestly think they should shift some of Yasuo's power to the early game and knock down his scaling a bit. He could have a great niche as an early game outplay champion that falls off lategame, kind of like a solo lane Lee Sin.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Hopefully OMG and Origen both make it to worlds so Amazing can play against Amazing.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

hahahaha.

I honestly think they should shift some of Yasuo's power to the early game and knock down his scaling a bit. He could have a great niche as an early game outplay champion that falls off lategame, kind of like a solo lane Lee Sin.

That's how Jin Air played it, they had GBM DOMINATING with Yasuo early but started to falter as IM's champions (Kassadin and Cassio) scaled towards late game.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Sexpansion posted:

hahahaha.

How do you think a champ that has a button that turns adcs off can be bad late game while still having playable numbers in lane phase.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

How do you think a champ that has a button that turns adcs off can be bad late game while still having playable numbers in lane phase.

Yasuo is a cool, fun, and well designed champion, and the more play he sees the better. I would be in favor of deleting all ADC and giving each team a Yasuo.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Keep that insanely bad poo poo in the thread I don't read and not this thread, which I do read.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Lots of what Yasuo does is cool, but Wind Wall is simply too powerful for a spell that's fast enough to be used reactively.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Its already bad enough that ADCs have some dumb rear end hole horse spinning around on them at every minute of the game

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The LCS rules have been updated!

quote:

Best Interests of LCS (Section 11.3)
This rule change allows Riot to act in extreme cases not covered by the other rules - such as the Kori/MYM situation. A "catch-all".

quote:

Substitution Policies (Sections 3.2 and 3.5)
LCS teams can now swap in subs between games during the week, and between games in playoff series.
LCS teams must now a minimum of 3 subs (up from 2), and a player must be at least D3 to be a sub (up from D5).

quote:

Clarifying Residency Status for Interregional Movement Policy (Section 1.2.9)
The exempt non-resident status is going away. ENRs will be asked to choose a region to be considered a resident of, for the duration of this split. At the end of the season, they get to choose again.

quote:

Playoffs Side Selection (Section 8.7.3)
Teams must now declare side selection 72 hours before each playoff series.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Killed By Death posted:

The LCS rules have been updated!
The exempt non-resident status is going away. ENRs will be asked to choose a region to be considered a resident of, for the duration of this split. At the end of the season, they get to choose again.

TSM can get Bjerg and Lustboy to declare for NA, then import Flame.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

archduke.iago posted:

yeah this is crazy, we're gonna see some mad poo poo with TSM now i think. wonder who they'll get for ADC

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

archduke.iago posted:

I don't think TSM is ready to get rid of Dyrus by ponying up that much cash yet. As nice as it would be to see Flame rescued from korean jail, his contract is probably worth a billion.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lustboy isn't an ENR, he's just a NR. They can still get Bjerg/Santorin to declare though, which lets them get one more NR.

Actually I'm probably wrong about this, I forgot how early in the split Lustboy joined.

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 22, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Killed By Death posted:

Lustboy isn't an ENR, he's just a NR. They can still get Bjerg/Santorin to declare though, which lets them get one more NR.

Pretty sure lustboy was playing in the same season as lmq thus he is enr

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

fnox posted:

is cop leaving gravity to become a model? more at 8.

Getting major White Crime vibes from this picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7eA_TyogeU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Calax posted:

That's how Jin Air played it, they had GBM DOMINATING with Yasuo early but started to falter as IM's champions (Kassadin and Cassio) scaled towards late game.

IM seems to have gotten a noticeably better compared to last split, as this game wasn't a stomp for Jin Air.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
*throws easy game at baron* its not delivery, its dignitas

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

To whoever drafted my Narcoleptic Napoleon team, thank you...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

CW Freeze has an AMA up at the moment and I found this quite interesting:

quote:

[–]Freezecz[S] 303 points 2 hours ago

Yes Sk has approached cw managment to offer me sk ad carry spot. It was a hard decision to make but after a while I desided to stay in CW for these reasons:

They were the only and I repeat THE ONLY team that gave me chance to even tryout for them in preseason when i tried to talk to every team. Every other team refused to even try me out including SK gaming

Secondly I wasnt sure if the players in the team even want me since It looked weird for me. One of the reasons they didnt want to even try me out in preseason was apparently my personality or rumours about me.

Thirdly I wasnt even offered anything from SK gaming for a long period of time or atleast I havent received much informations

For those reasons I desided to give CW another chance and hopefully play my best to finish even better then we did last split since I wasnt satisfied with my performance in spring split

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Flipswitch posted:

CW Freeze has an AMA up at the moment and I found this quite interesting:

Makes sense. Freeze is really good and i doubt SK was really thrilled to bring candypandah out of retirement. I think freeze passed up av decent worlds shot unless cw goes on a huge run though.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Makes sense. Freeze is really good and i doubt SK was really thrilled to bring candypandah out of retirement. I think freeze passed up av decent worlds shot unless cw goes on a huge run though.

I think Dentist has a good handle on the boys from Copenhagen.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
SK seems like tainted goods at this point. Like all the players don't want to play together, and all of the other pro players know this and don't want to enter that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Something else in that Freeze AMA caught my eye:

quote:

I m honestly super scared since we just started to practice very recently and the summer split looks super stacked. I wished we could strike to be first but I dont see that as an option to be fair. I would be super glad for 7th place with the big teams we have in lcs

But I think we might be fighting in relegation and hopefully avoid 10th place by big margin

PS: I would give anything to become the worlds best ad carry. And I ll do everything I can for that to happen. Edited since ppl got a feeling that I m fine with just playing lcs I am certainly not
:(

• Locked thread