Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

History Teacher is coaching Team 8 this split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Did clg ever announce a coach or is it just Link in an oversized suit?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Same as it ever was

Same as it ever was

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Jerkface posted:

They announced that they have a coach.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

I dont think so but in the process of looking at esportspedia to find out i discovered apparently MonteCristo was voted "most pretentious" at his high school and i really really hope that's true

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
The new coach of CLG is Trick 2 G and Sir Echeeze .

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I hope more teams take advantage of the new rule enabling them to use substitutes whenever they want to, because some day there's a chance that CLG goes full CLG and puts trick2g into a game and he's stomped by a competent jungler.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

They can't really use the subs during regular season so I doubt we'll see anything happen with them at all. No team is really gonna bust out a sub for the first time in the playoffs either :I

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

rabidsquid posted:

They can't really use the subs during regular season so I doubt we'll see anything happen with them at all. No team is really gonna bust out a sub for the first time in the playoffs either :I

They've changed it so that you can have subs between days. I can only dream of CLG T2G.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Been trying to go through NA and EU and figure out general power rankings for teams. Trying to predict NA is such a trainwreck right now. Among CLG, Dig, TDK, NME, Gravity and Team8, who's supposed to win games against each other right now?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SC Bracer posted:

They've changed it so that you can have subs between days. I can only dream of CLG T2G.

I don't think that's really going to be all that different though? I feel like having subs between different days but in single games we just won't be seeing many / any

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
I don't think C9 is going to come out looking very strong. If they can't maintain their shotcalling then there's not a whole lot to differentiate them from TSM, and TSM probably stronger lane for lane. TIP and Liquid might also give them a solid fight for second. I could see them ending up in third at the end of the split.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

rabidsquid posted:

I don't think that's really going to be all that different though? I feel like having subs between different days but in single games we just won't be seeing many / any

I doubt it's going to end up being different, but I can dream that CLG will do something incredibly stupid.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Every NA team has glaring deficiencies, but I don't trust any of them to be exploited domestically.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Team 8: -maple, +Nien +History Teacher

god willing they break top 5

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I think C9 isn't gonna suffer in shotcalling because Meteos has moved into that role. But I don't know if he knows how to exploit somebody like TSM.

The top five will be C9 TSM TIP TL and CLG, with the sixth probably rotating between Gravity, t8 and Dig. NME will be fighting for relegation and TDK is going to be a giant wet fart that can't do anything because they only got in by using (effectively) a ringer.

CLG will get knocked out of the first round of playoffs again, As will T8/Gravity. I think C9 is gonna come out on top overall and Liquid could probably take 2nd if they get good bracket placing (Against TSM instead of C9 this time round). Unless TIP shows real fight I'm betting they're gonna be in 4th and the NA Worlds crew will be TSM C9 and Liquid.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
soemthing something clg potential something something I think they honestly might take 2nd this year but hey who knows its clg

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I guess CLG is better but double lift is still on the team so they're all going to hate each other by mid split. C9 should be worse since they always lose lanes and win games by what a high school foot ball coach would call "trick plays" & they lost the guy who called that for them in return for maybe only losing two lanes every game. But who knows incarnation is actually pretty good at basically everything so maybe. Team liquid should be good but won't be. TSM may or may not have a better showing at worlds than they did at MSI but even if they never improve or change in any way NA teams can't abuse them like that, mostly because they're afraid of standard lanes vs TSM and NA junglers and top laners are extremely bad by and large. Like think about how bad TSM looked at MSI and remember how completely and totally they clowned everyone in playoffs.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
SKT playing SBENU, one of the new teams, right now, and they look surprisingly rusty

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Allyn posted:

SKT playing SBENU, one of the new teams, right now, and they look surprisingly rusty

That bait on Marin was rad

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KiwiKid will carry Dig to a playoff spot upsetting CLG and or C9. Everyone who loses to the Kid are going to retire to get wrist surgery

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

KiwiKid will carry Dig to a playoff spot upsetting CLG and or C9. Everyone who loses to the Kid are going to retire to get wrist surgery

First he came for the regulation mvp, and i did nothing because i wasn't in regulations

Then he came for the regular season mvp, and i did nothing because its all about the playoffs

Then he came for the summer finals mvp, and i did nothing because i was already qualified for worlds

Then he came for the world's mvp, and there was no one left to stop THA KID

-TSM

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

:lol: the flash Naut ult on Faker to finish him off, amazing

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Calax posted:

I think C9 isn't gonna suffer in shotcalling because Meteos has moved into that role. But I don't know if he knows how to exploit somebody like TSM.

The top five will be C9 TSM TIP TL and CLG, with the sixth probably rotating between Gravity, t8 and Dig. NME will be fighting for relegation and TDK is going to be a giant wet fart that can't do anything because they only got in by using (effectively) a ringer.

CLG will get knocked out of the first round of playoffs again, As will T8/Gravity. I think C9 is gonna come out on top overall and Liquid could probably take 2nd if they get good bracket placing (Against TSM instead of C9 this time round). Unless TIP shows real fight I'm betting they're gonna be in 4th and the NA Worlds crew will be TSM C9 and Liquid.

TDK may be awful but the majority of NA is right down there with them. Out of the Bottom 6 Clusterfuck teams, I feel like Gravity and Team8 should on paper come out on top assuming no roster changes by the end of the season. CLG missing the playoffs feels totally believable to me. Then again, it's CLG, so who knows - maybe they play their asses off and look like a world-class team for 3 weeks again and scrape into the playoffs that way.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Wol posted:

TDK may be awful but the majority of NA is right down there with them. Out of the Bottom 6 Clusterfuck teams, I feel like Gravity and Team8 should on paper come out on top assuming no roster changes by the end of the season. CLG missing the playoffs feels totally believable to me. Then again, it's CLG, so who knows - maybe they play their asses off and look like a world-class team for 3 weeks again and scrape into the playoffs that way.
I'm not trying to say that TDK is horribly terrible players, but the problem is that they managed to make it into the split with a ringer who was head and shoulders above them in skill.

Dig's fundamental problems probably haven't been fixed, so they're on the bottom. NME, I don't know, but they weren't getting hyped like Origen in the challenger scene so I don't have much hope for them not getting out of the fight for Relegation. T8 doesn't seem to have made many changes to improve that much, while Gravity's got an unknown quantity in their Jungle.

CLG, IMO, is gonna find itself in that position of "never poo poo, never fantastic" because of the organizational problems. They could have individually skilled players, but they don't seem to work as well as a team as the top four.

The only thing i think might surprise us is Gravity. I feel like with Altec/Bunny they've got an extremely powerful bot lane and if their jungle doesn't turn out to be Avalon levels of suck, they could become a contender.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

KOO get their first kill at 44:20, eventually win with 7 total in 52:40 :byodood:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man everyone steals PoE's poo poo, EDG played varus mid haha

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Pray :catstare::catstare::catstare:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jayisspecial posted:

I don't think C9 is going to come out looking very strong. If they can't maintain their shotcalling then there's not a whole lot to differentiate them from TSM, and TSM probably stronger lane for lane. TIP and Liquid might also give them a solid fight for second. I could see them ending up in third at the end of the split.

Meteos is head and shoulders above Santorin in impacting games and exploiting other team's weaknesses. C9 isn't as reliant on their midlaner getting ahead as TSM is for their strategies to work.

And come on, Sneaky is better than Turtle.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I guess you could give sneaky more Game Points in madden pro league 2015 but its completely irrelevant since they put him in an empty frozen lane every game and the actual question is does lust boy do better than lemon nation in a free roam situation to which the answer is basically paul bunion laughing and making lumberjacks fall over. Also the knock on meteos has always been that his Game Impact or GI is way lower than it should be since he mostly spends his time accidentally taking blue buffs & power farming.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Apparently Koro's been benched by EDG over contract issues; also allegedly speaks English. TSM Koro???

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Seraph allegedly spoke English too.

I like MSI because people have taken Keven's gimmick and unironically applied it to Fnatic and the EU LCS.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Firebert posted:

Meteos is head and shoulders above Santorin in impacting games and exploiting other team's weaknesses. C9 isn't as reliant on their midlaner getting ahead as TSM is for their strategies to work.

And come on, Sneaky is better than Turtle.

I'd like to think Meteos is head and shoulders above Santorin, but their last matches together saw similar performances from both. They aren't carry jungles (Unless Meteos feels like he has to carry this poo poo and whips out AD VI) so it's kind of a draw. Incarnation and Bjerg will, at most, be a draw. Dyrus had a much better spring split than Balls. Sneaky is beter than Turtle by a lot, but Lustboy is better than Lemon and support effects the early game a lot more so that is also a wash. In the end Bjerg vs Incarnation seems like it is the match up that will effect things the most and I have heard 0 hype coming out of the NA scene with his arrival. No one seems to be blown away. He looks pretty average in soloqeueu. Maybe he'll surprise me, but hard carrying against TSM seems really unlikely.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

I like MSI because people have taken Keven's gimmick and unironically applied it to Fnatic and the EU LCS.

Fnatic had a really good showing at MSI

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Actually they lost and aren't very good.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Koro is better than Seraph at least

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Did better than TSM

fnox
May 19, 2013

does anybody remember the time last season where 4 man lvl1 tower trades were done every single game no matter what? holy poo poo it was terrible.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

fnox posted:

does anybody remember the time last season where 4 man lvl1 tower trades were done every single game no matter what? holy poo poo it was terrible.

I hope we get to see Shyvana and Mundo return to the top. Or maybe Shen :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

henkman posted:

Did better than TSM

Yeah. TSM did their bestikas but it didn't work out.

fnox posted:

Nah, watching Dyrus die repeatedly was hilarious.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 23, 2015

• Locked thread