Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Calax posted:

NME, I don't know, but they weren't getting hyped like Origen in the challenger scene so I don't have much hope for them not getting out of the fight for Relegation.

I think NME wouldn't have gotten as much hype as Origen no matter what they did. They just don't have players like Xpeke or Soaz, who have an existing fan base and a already established reputation of playing well.

Its really hard to get Challenger hype unless you import players who already have some sort of hype behind them in some way; either through popularity though highlight reels, already being on a pro team or somehow having a fanbase otherwise.

Still, those are reasonable differences to base one's expectations on. It just means that NME is an unknown quantity. They'll probably beat TDK as they did repeatedly in challenger, at least. Beyond that, given how Dig played Fusion very closely NME has a definite chance vs them. midrange teams like GV, T8, CLG are a big question mark. Finally they'll probably get wrecked by TSM and C9 at least. TIP is another question mark but should beat them.

I say 8th for them likely, maybe 9 if Dig shows up.

fnox posted:

does anybody remember the time last season where 4 man lvl1 tower trades were done every single game no matter what? holy poo poo it was terrible.

Less terrible than the constant Nidalee-centric poke comps and infinite Ziggs waveclear stalling.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
NME is head and shoulders above the rest of the Challenger teams, they performed about on par with Origen. Trashyyy or however he spells his name is meant to be a really incredible jungler (well, theoretically about Santorin level), and certainly performed well in the games I saw. Pretty sure that a number of LCS teams tried to recruit him.

I think they could make a solid run for 6/7th, but it's really hard to know before they enter the LCS. I would say they are definitely better than TDK, probably better than Dig, and maybe at about the level of T8. But with roster changes on Gravity and CLG ready to implode at any minute I think that NME could surprise us.

I kind of want to see what C9 can do with a better support -- right now I think Lustboy being so much better than Lemon is really what tips the theoretical Incarnation C9 v TSM into the boys from the bay's favor.

But I have no idea what support they could find who comes close to Lustboy, even poaching from another squad (maybe aphro or xpecial but neither is as good of a complete package).

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaD_suSHTac

Liquid reacting to the NA roster changes.

Especially love the CLG reaction where Peter just goes "Wanna hear my side of the story?"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
On paper I feel like Liquid should win this split.

In practice they will surely finish 4th.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
None of us can avoid our destiny.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

On paper I feel like Liquid should win this split.

In practice they will surely finish 4th.

i think miso is kinda lovely but the rest of their roster is so good. it's weird that it's taking them so long to sort their game out.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

i think miso is kinda lovely but the rest of their roster is so good. it's weird that it's taking them so long to sort their game out.

Who is miso?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Libertine posted:

Who is miso?

Fenix. He changed his IGN when he moved to NA.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Who is miso?

http://imgur.com/BGt2xnT

The one on the left

incredibly bold of Liquid to try a fictional alien as a laner

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
quas is a loving gangster man

http://uk.businessinsider.com/profile-of-team-liquid-pro-gamer-diego-quas-ruiz-2015-5?r=US

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

quote:

His reputation as a top player created a lot of demand for his services. Before long, he was making $2,000 a month boosting accounts for Americans who paid in US dollars. This was a big deal in a country as dollar-hungry as Venezuela. When he sold the dollars to locals for bolivars, he made three or four times what he would make in an engineering job.

“My mom wasn’t OK with it. She told me I was crazy and didn’t understand what I was doing. When I started supporting the family [with my earnings] she understood,” Ruiz says.

Pretty insane in all factors.

1) That people pay that much
2) That he was making extra money doing currency conversion
3) That he shut his mom up with money

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when Dyrus's dad kicked him out of the house because he wanted him to be a plumber instead of playing these video games, and then when Dyrus got successful his dad realized he loved his son and took him back? Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Dadrus is cool and looks like Olaf, haha

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jenny Angel posted:

Remember when Dyrus's dad kicked him out of the house because he wanted him to be a plumber instead of playing these video games, and then when Dyrus got successful his dad realized he loved his son and took him back? Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Dadrus is cool and looks like Olaf, haha

Just another way TSM is more successful than CLG.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

If you think Dadyrus is cool do yourself a favor and never follow him on twitter.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woops, posted this in the main thread but I'm guessing all the fantasy leagues are filled?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Deft's highlights in this game are insane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-yL1vPLcyI

Also, I strongly recommend the Onivia Highlights Youtube channel which is linked on /r/Loleventvods. Watched the highlight of about 8 LPL matches in the time it would normally take to watch 1. Probably going to just do that exclusively except for the games I really want to see.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Admoon posted:

If you think Dadyrus is cool do yourself a favor and never follow him on twitter.
it's worth it for his drunken abuse spewing whenever TSM loses a game

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

The internet cafe that sponsored/managed Team Green Forest and now TDK just closed: https://www.facebook.com/greenforestcafe/posts/975961175749565 . RIP. Apparently the latter played their games there/were managed by one of the dudes who worked there, and the former was made up of high elo regulars.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

quote:

How do you think Gambit will do now that they have Forgiven? Top 3? Forg1ven will be frustrated with edward and the team will crash and burn

Leviathan's askfm prediction for Gambit.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

Also, I strongly recommend the Onivia Highlights Youtube channel which is linked on /r/Loleventvods. Watched the highlight of about 8 LPL matches in the time it would normally take to watch 1. Probably going to just do that exclusively except for the games I really want to see.

Deft is CRAZY.

also I'm really happy Quas is successful. He's a cool guy.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Disinterested posted:

Pretty much how I see it happening too.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Disinterested posted:

I wonder if they're going to crash and burn like he predicted Fnatic would :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Deft is without a doubt the best ADC in the world and probably my favorite player

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Should be noted that Leviathan also threw out that TDK would be top three for next split.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TSM Dig TDK no this checks out actually

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

TSM Dig TDK no this checks out actually

Actually his predictions are TSM c9 and TDK.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Calax posted:

kiwikid will NOT be denied his destiny to become best support NA

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

Apparently you missed me explaining earlier that The Kid will single handedly depose C9 and CLG. They're probably going to knock CLG out of the playoffs in the last week but as to C9, The Kid is going to roam mid and get an early kill on New Hai that is going to send him into a rage spiral. He's going to black out and come to in a room full of owned n00bs and riot will have no choice but to ban him indefinitely, C9 will tilt and go into relegations

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It's interesting that he rates TDK so highly, but it's also true that the lineup they will be playing NA LCS with is not one that any of us have seen play any games at all. So they could be a complete wild card depending on how those acquisitions play out.

I personally think both TDK and NME have a shot at mid-table for sure, and I think Gravity and T8 will fall off the most from their acquisitions which I don't really see as strong, they seem like lateral or downgrades.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I can't see a team who got in because Alex Ich carried them doing much of anything.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah this kind of analysis is why they pay me the big bucks, you can count on it all coming out as predicted

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

TDK actually does have 3 or 4 good/middle of the board players on their roster, assuming Yuno subs sometimes.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

foutre posted:

TDK actually does have 3 or 4 good/middle of the board players on their roster, assuming Yuno subs sometimes.

The only top 5 players they have are maybe Kez (this says more about the other junglers than it does about Kez) and maybe Emperor.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

I can't see a team who got in because Alex Ich carried them doing much of anything.

Not doing much of anything is basically the definition of the NA LCS middle of the table.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jeopardy league - when are we drafting? I think some people said they were available for today?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Killed By Death posted:

Jeopardy league - when are we drafting? I think some people said they were available for today?

I'll be available in a touch over an hour.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Killed By Death posted:

id like to do it roughly four hours from right now, 8:00 PM EST. If not then definitely tomorrow.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flameingblack posted:

id like to do it roughly four hours from right now, 8:00 PM EST. If not then definitely tomorrow.

Sounds good to me. I'll be around.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Flameingblack posted:

Sounds good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

That's what. 1am BST?

Ah well, I got good results out of the auto-draft last year, so if I'm not awake, I'll roll the dice

• Locked thread