Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So the WHOLE tournament isn't going to be up on NJPWorld?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

BigRed0427 posted:

So the WHOLE tournament isn't going to be up on NJPWorld?
It will be, all 56 main tournament matches. They just won't be posting all the house show 6-man tags that are on the same cards as the 4 tournament matches each day.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Boco_T posted:

It will be, all 56 main tournament matches. They just won't be posting all the house show 6-man tags that are on the same cards as the 4 tournament matches each day.

Ok...I don't think i'm going to watch ALL 56 matches. Just ones that folks point out were cool.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I suggest checking out the Cavernario ones, just because the dude is pretty good and funny. I was so happy the crowds got into him during Fantasticamania.

Confirmed: Alex Shelley is out of the tournament. There must a voodoo curse or something that both members of MCMGS always get injured at the same time.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The four block matches from this morning's show are now up. Apparently the non live shows are going to have Road to.. style minimal production and no commentary:

Standings after three days:
Block A:
1. Gedo [4]
-. Kyle O'Reilly [4]
3. Jushin Thunder Liger [2]
-. El Barbaro Cavernario [2]
-. Barreta [2]
-. Ryusuke Taguchi [2]
7. Yohei Komatsu [0]
-. Chase Owens [0]

Block B:
1. Tiger Mask [6]
2. KUSHIDA [4]
-. Bobby Fish [4]
-. Nick Jackson [4]
-. Máscara Dorada [4]
6. Rocky Romero [2]
-. Alex Shelley [2]*
8. David Finlay Jr. [0]

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 26, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I hope Bobby Fish wins the whole drat thing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Here's the card that was held this morning and will be uploaded later tonight:

NJPW, 26.05.2015
Yamagata City Sports Center #2

1. Yohei Komatsu & Jay White vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
2. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Sho Tanaka vs. Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley & Máscara Dorada
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Gedo vs. El Barbaro Cavernario
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: KUSHIDA vs. David Finlay Jr.
5. Kazuchika Okada & Jado vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Rocky Romero vs. Nick Jackson
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Barreta
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

I think this is the first time Jado's wrestled in NJPW since taking over the NOAH book and starting his Captain NOAH gimmick. It prob won't be uploaded though since they only seem to be adding the block matches from these delayed shows.

I'm definite looking forward to Gedo vs Cavernario and Rocky vs Nick. What's also interesting is that Gedo's teaming up with Cavernario in a non block match on a later show so it certainly looks like the booker took a liking to him after his Fantasticamania debut.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
we don't get to see Shelley vs. Kushida :smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00317_4

The four tournament matches from last night's/this morning's show are finally up.

Block A: Gedo vs. El Barbaro Cavernario
Block B: KUSHIDA vs. David Finlay Jr.
Block B: Rocky Romero vs. Nick Jackson
Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Barreta

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i cancelled my subscription a while ago but i kinda really wanna see gedo vs cavernario

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Results as of the end of this morning's show, so avoid if you want to watch this morning's three block matches unspoiled:

Block A:
1. Kyle O'Reilly [6]
2. Gedo [4]
-. Ryusuke Taguchi [4]
-. El Barbaro Cavernario [4]
5. Jushin Thunder Liger [2]
-. Barreta [2]
-. Chase Owens [2]
8. Yohei Komatsu [0]

Block B:
1. Tiger Mask [6]
-. KUSHIDA [6]
-. Máscara Dorada [6]
4. Bobby Fish [4]
-. Nick Jackson [4]
-. Rocky Romero [4]
7. Alex Shelley [2]*
8. David Finlay Jr. [0]

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXII", 26.05.2015
Yamagata City Sports Center #2
1,120 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish besiegen Yohei Komatsu & Jay White (11:20) als Fiish White nach Chasing The Dragon pinnte.
2. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask besiegen Máscara Dorada & Sho Tanaka (8:09) mit einem Tiger Driver von Tiger gegen Tanaka.
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: El Barbaro Cavernario  [4] besiegt Gedo [4] (10:53) mit dem Cavernaria.
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: KUSHIDA [6] besiegt David Finlay Jr. [0] (9:40) mit dem Hoverboard Lock.
5. Kazuchika Okada & Jado besiegen Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall (10:18) nach dem Rainmaker von Okada gegen Hall.
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Rocky Romero [4] besiegt Nick Jackson [4] (13:05) mit dem Kuraya Minoten.
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi [4] besiegt Barreta [2] (10:58) nach einer Sliding Hip Attack.
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI (16:15) nach dem Shouten Kai von Goto gegen YOSHI-HASHI.

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXII", 27.05.2015 (NJPWWorld)
Aomori Nippon Budokan
1,530 Fans

1. Jado & El Barbaro Cavernario  besiegen Jay White & David Finlay Jr. (8:39) mit dem Cavernaria von Barbaro gegen White.
2. Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA besiegen Tomoaki Honma & Sho Tanaka (9:41) mit dem Hoverboard Lock von KUSHIDA gegen Tanaka.
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Kyle O'Reilly [6] besiegt Yohei Komatsu [0] (10:14) nach einem Vertical-Drop Brainbuster.
4. Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Barreta besiegen Yujiro Takahashi, Nick Jackson & Cody Hall (11:13) nach dem Rainmaker von Okada gegen Hall.
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Máscara Dorada [6] besiegt Tiger Mask [6] (10:05) mit dem Dorada Screwdriver.
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Chase Owens [2] besiegt Jushin Thunder Liger [2] (8:07) mit einem Package Driver.
7. Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI besiegen Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe & Captain New Japan (16:50) nach dem Boma Ye von Nakamura gegen Captain.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 27, 2015

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I actually want Gedo to vanity book himself as the winner based on his performances this year

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tonfa posted:

I actually want Gedo to vanity book himself as the winner based on his performances this year

He went to the finals of a J-Cup once! Scott Keith hated him for it (because Gedo beat Benoit).

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave Meltzer posted:

The company's sellout streak ended on a surprising night, as they only drew 1,580 fans to the 5/22 show at Korakuen Hall for opening night of the Super Juniors tournament. That pretty much tells you when in your home base building for opening night, the people aren't packing it, that the tournament has lost a lot of its luster. It just felt this year like an uninteresting tournament because of the lack of a hot newcomer. It also hurts when you pull guys like Prince Devitt and Kota Ibushi out of the mix, champion Kenny Omega isn't in, and even defending champion Ricochet wasn't back.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
they really need to create a new junior star (and it needs to be KUSHIDA)

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
KUSHIDA's a dude

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
realhero has some non-tournament matches up i liked this one http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ruem5_kyle-o-reilly-bobby-fish-vs-mascara-dorada-jay-white-njpw_sport

redragon really have some of that arn and tully 'well-oiled machine' thing going on which is like my favorite thing in tag team wrestling

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

KUSHIDowns

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Kyle/KUSHIDA finals or I riot

I know Kyle will lose if this happens but I don't care

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey this is live shortly I think

NJPW, 30.05.2015 (Samurai! TV/NJPW World)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Tomoaki Honma & David Finlay Jr. vs. Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka
2. Tiger Mask & Jay White Jr. El Barbaro Cavernario & Chase Owens
3. Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Barreta vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Nick Jackson & Cody Hall
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe, Katsuyori Shibata & Captain New Japan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Alex Shelley vs. Máscara Dorada
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Gedo
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kyle O'Reilly
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: KUSHIDA vs. Bobby Fish

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
liger vs gedo could be really good

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yo Cavernario, a nearfall looks really bad if you just casually swipe the hair off your face during the 1 count

e: oh god what happened with this avatar situation hahahahaha

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Gedo vs Liger was a lot of fun, just two vets working a low impact style and getting hella crowd reactions for everything they do

Also that pin at the end was crazy

Kushida's hyping up the fact that he beat a ROH Heavyweight Title challenger in the post show interview

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 30, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

AH, gently caress!

Thought it was tomorrow.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

make KUSHIDA fight for the big belt soon thanks

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

5/30 Korakuen Results

Liger beat Gedo
Taguchi beat O'Reilly
KUSHIDA beat Fish

5/31 Shizuoka Results

Chase Owens beat Gedo
Jushin Liger beat Beretta
KUSHIDA beat TM IV

KUSHIDA only has one block match left vs Rocky since his partner Shelley had to withdraw.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm sad Bobby isn't doing so well but KUSHIDA winning the whole thing would be fine with me.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KUSHIDA beat Rocky Romero this morning so he's officially in the finals.

Block A:
1. Ryusuke Taguchi [10]
2. Kyle O'Reilly [8]
3. Chase Owens [6]
4. Jushin Thunder Liger [6]
5.Barreta [6]
6. El Barbaro Cavernario [4]
7. Gedo [4]
8. Yohei Komatsu [0]

Block B:
1. KUSHIDA [12]*
2. Rocky Romero [8]
3. Máscara Dorada [6]
-. Tiger Mask [6]
-. Nick Jackson [6]
-. Bobby Fish [6]
7. Alex Shelley [2]
8. David Finlay Jr. [0]

quote:

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XXII", 02.06.2015
Ibaraki Prefectural Sports Center
764 Fans

1. Chase Owens besiegt Sho Tanaka (8:23) nach einem Package Driver.
2. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask besiegen KUSHIDA & Jay White (8:57) mit einem Tiger Driver von Tiger gegen White.
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Rocky Romero [8] besiegt David Finlay Jr. (10:50) mit dem Kuraya Mi no ten.
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi [8] besiegt Yohei Komatsu [0] (11:33) nach dem Dodon.
5. Kazuchika Okada, Barreta & Jado besiegen Yujiro Takahashi, Nick Jackson & Cody Hall (14:19) nach dem Rainmaker von Okada gegen Hall.
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Kyle O'Reilly [8] besiegt El Barbaro Cavernario [4] (7:50) mit einem Modified Backdrop Hold.
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Bobby Fish [6] besiegt Máscara Dorada [6] (10:43) mit einem Falcon Arrow.
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma besiegen Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI (18:09) mit dem High Fly Flow von Tanahashi gegen YOSHI-HASHI

quote:

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XXII", 03.06.2015 (NJPW World)
Nagoya International Conference Hall Event Hall
1,700 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Tomoaki Honma, Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka besiegen Máscara Dorada, David Finlay Jr. & Jay White (10:46) nach dem Kokeshi von Honma gegen White.
2. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish besiegen El Barbaro Cavernario & Chase Owens (11:40) als Fish Cavernario nach Chasing The Dragon pinnte.
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Barreta [6] besiegt Gedo [4] (8:07) mit dem Dudebuster.
4. Kazuchika Okada & Jado besiegen Yujiro Takahashi & Nick Jackson (11:00) nach dem Rainmaker von Okada gegen Jackson.
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi [10] besiegt Jushin Thunder Liger [6] (8:34) via Pinfall.
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: KUSHIDA [12] besiegt Rocky Romero [8] (15:53) mit dem Hoverboard Lock.
7. Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI besiegen Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe & Captain New Japan (18:42) nach dem Boma Ye von Nakamura gegen Captain.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Remaining schedule:

NJPW, 04.06.2015
Chino City Hall Multi-Hall

1. Ryusuke Taguchi & Jay White vs. Rocky Romero & Barreta
2. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Sho Tanaka vs. Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Bobby Fish vs. David Finlay Jr.
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Yohei Komatsu vs. El Barbaro Cavernario
5. Kazuchika Okada & Jado vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Chase Owens
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Máscara Dorada vs. Nick Jackson
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

NJPW, 05.06.2015 (NJPW World)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. El Barbaro Cavernario
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Chase Owens
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Barreta vs. Yohei Komatsu
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Gedo vs. Kyle O'Reilly
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. David Finlay Jr.
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: KUSHIDA vs. Alex Shelley
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Máscara Dorada vs. Rocky Romero
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Bobby Fish vs. Nick Jackson
9. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe, Katsuyori Shibata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

Looks like Chase Owens will become one of PSP's favorite wrestlers Friday morning

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Chase Owens uses the package piledriver?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

Chase Owens uses the package piledriver?

Yes, he always has in NJPW at least. Guess it runs in the family

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Taguchi wins Block A I'm gonna be super pissed

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Gedo noooo. Should have gotten in the semifinals over buttman.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I hate Ryuske Taguchi and his lovely rear end

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
hes like the shittiest possible shiro koshinaka

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So bummed Shelley is out :smith: I was rootin for him

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Oh huh, there are no semis this year. Gotta root for Chase Owens to beat the buttman then.

Speaking of which, there's a show on.

also my favorite part of Taguchi's regression is that he still uses his old finishers as signatures, so his offense consists of hitting the other guy with his rear end and then trying to make them tap to an ankle lock

Baretta sold the poo poo out of Komatsu's nearfalls. I bought the Falcon Arrow for a split second and I know young lions never win!

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jun 5, 2015

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Chase Owens just won in the main event of a NJPW show

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Tonfa posted:

Chase Owens just won in the main event of a NJPW show

thank you Chase Owens, crown jewel of the national wrestling alliance, for beating up the bad buttman

Kushida/Kyle finals!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
yessssssssss

• Locked thread