Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i wlill leave you with this thought op,

icaursus flew too claose to the sun, and he got burnt

don't get burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Mr. Pumroy posted:

every boyd saying take it to then ext level take it to hte next level

why can't we be happy wiht what we haefe?

lol this guy all on mario bros 1-1 like "why we gotta take it to the next level" when his friends all killing bowser and getting fire flowers and crushing pussy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i wlill leave you with this thought op,

icaursus flew too claose to the sun, and he got burnt

don't get burn

As he spreads his wings and shouts at the crowd
In the name of God my father I fly.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Caramelized onions and bacon.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
the texture of the essay length sandwich is going to be absolute dogshit and i can only imagine that this guys no longer works at that restaurant because he is either responsible for this recipe and was justly punished or it went out of business because all of the recipes were this bad

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
Add some Worcestershire sauce before grilling.

Also, the correct term is 'cheese on toast'.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
add a little tapatio for a spicky "latin" kick -- muy picante!!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Put mayonnaise on the bread before you toast it for that golden brown toast in the pan

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
try melting the butter ahead of time and brushing it on the bread instead of melting the butter in the pan, if you do thst, and keep the pan heat low

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
whoa jalapeno grilled cheese :vince:

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
i thought all those restaurants that took simple homestyle items and artificially inflated the number of steps and cooking time as much as possible while actually making the result less enjoyable went out of business when the economy crashed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

YoungSexualNorton posted:

the texture of the essay length sandwich is going to be absolute dogshit and i can only imagine that this guys no longer works at that restaurant because he is either responsible for this recipe and was justly punished or it went out of business because all of the recipes were this bad

no, idiot, the texture is 'perfectly toasted on both sides.' I specifically said 'don't slather the butter on' so it doesn't get all soggy.

cut the crusts off before you serve if you're afraid of cutting your bitch mouth on it btw

and fyi I left for higher pay somewhere else.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

ROFLburger posted:

whoa jalapeno grilled cheese :vince:

jalapenos instead of bread

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Never thought of finishing it off in the oven. Thanks for the tip.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

no, idiot, the texture is 'perfectly toasted on both sides.' I specifically said 'don't slather the butter on' so it doesn't get all soggy.

cut the crusts off before you serve if you're afraid of cutting your bitch mouth on it btw

were you a cook at this restaurant?

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

why can't we be happy wiht what we haefe?

you speak perfect Old English

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

jalapenos instead of bread

maybe pepper jack cheese

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
make the toast part with whatever butter on a grill or something

then put some cheese on it and throw it in a microwave

melting cheese and gettingg perfectly toasted bread are incompatible

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Otto von Ruthless posted:

maybe pepper jack cheese

maybe some heirloom tomato?

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
a competent 50-something housewife will make you a better grilled cheese sandwich with margarine white bread and velveeta

than some egghead in the ghetto motherfucker with artisanal french cheese ciabatta horseshit and a two page recipe hands down

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
lol if you don't use an exotic-animal artisanal cheese no one's ever heard of.

giraffe cheese or GTFO

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

maybe some heirloom tomato?

maybe throw some jalapenos on that bitch

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
get a ten chef huddle going we need to justify the 15 dollar pricetag on this sandwich.

somebody use objectively worse but more expensive ingredients and the rest of you make up a bunch of additional steps to make it take for loving ever

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

maybe throw some jalapenos on that bitch

c'mon man, you KNOW i'm down with jalapenos but i'm starting to get seriously loving concerned that there aren't going to be any heirloom tomatoes on this

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
called it a "grilled queso" to give it a "latin" kick!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

yeah

YoungSexualNorton posted:

i thought all those restaurants that took simple homestyle items and artificially inflated the number of steps and cooking time as much as possible while actually making the result less enjoyable went out of business when the economy crashed

there's not even more steps other than 'finish in the oven' and 'use ingredients other than sliced white bread and kraft singles'

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enfield posted:

i mean you basically described how every testaurant in america makes grilled cheese only somehow you.made it insanely gay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just trying to learn you 'prosciutto = sliced ham' motherfuckers some cooking.

Enfield posted:

i mean you basically described how every testaurant in america makes grilled cheese only somehow you.made it insanely gay

bc i'm gay

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
what's everyones thoughts on tomato soup

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

It's pretty good. If you want something with a bit more substance, there's always bisque or tomato and rice.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

good

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope to god you didnt call it a grilled cheese becausd anyone ordering a grilled cheese wants a regualar grilled cheese

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
try using Kraft pepperjack slices instead of american slices for a spicy "latin" kick!!

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Naked Grilled Cheese

1. Cheese
2. Bowl
3. Bread(optional)

melt the cheese and put it in the bowl. if you don't want to melt the cheese yourself go to Taco Bell and get the nacho cheese there. then if you're using bread go ahead and break it up and stir it into the bowl. eat with a spoon.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Truffle glaze.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey OP, try pressing your thumb into your butthole for a tasty treat!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Bread bowls: friend or foe?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im getying insanely angry about hrilled cheeses so im going to go awat from this thread forever

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
if you don't want to wash the spoon try eating with your hands. you can use the floor or trash instead of a bowl too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Enfield posted:

im getying insanely angry about hrilled cheeses so im going to go awat from this thread forever

I know what you mean I feel like this thread is just jerking me around and i'm borderline furious

• Locked thread