Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk who those people are but yeah you can't have 30 kids without at least a couple of them being hosed up

a) you don't have enough time to properly devote to everyone (you selfish bitch)
and b) statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
people who literally can't understand a system of morality not handed down to them by a god who will smite them ASAP if they gently caress up are hilarious to me

like is phil robertson saying if it wasn't for god he'd go rape and kill people all the time or what?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^ It's always the people who protest the loudest. IE just look at every single conservative 'family values' idiot that ends up getting caught with an underage boy prostitute or sucking a dick in a bathroom stall somewhere.

quote:

"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson accepted an award for free speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday. In his speech, Robertson warned the audience about sexually transmitted diseases. (AP)

"STDs are the revenge of the hippies"

here's an award for saying the most outlandish ridiculous poo poo possible we are fellow shitlords

quote:

They champion perversion, they champion murder, aborting their children and they are champions of lies. I mean I’m listening to them and thinking, ‘dude, what?’

‘Yeah, this bunch here, they’re the kind that clings to their guns and their Bibles,’ I’m thinking, yeah, we may need them.

lol where is William T Sherman when you need him

we should have put that dude on ice to summon so future generations could call on him when needed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

I remember them specifically because there was one goon who said to thread in general that he'd bet a million fuckin' dollars that there's gonna be some creepy incest poo poo with that family some years down the line :henget:

doesn't take a gambling whiz to figure those odds

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunkboxer posted:

every time I see some loving moron I wouldn't trust to clean my bathroom with a bunch of money on a reality TV show the source of their money is inevitably "real estate." Like every single time

guess what jim bob does

that's usually code for 'doesn't do poo poo, inherited wealth from parents'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jonny 290 posted:

they're starting to grow up and marry off

if we get 15 of them having 15 kids each of whom have 15 kids we could have 3600 Duggars on the planet within 40 years

the McPoyle's irl

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mike fuckaboy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
rape is bad

rapists are bad

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

When an animal rights group sought records from the Arkansas state police the request was denied. John Bailey, the then-police chief reported that "(Mike Huckabee's) chief of staff and personal lawyer both pressured him to write a letter officially denying the local prosecutor's request."[12] Mike Huckabee fired Bailey seven months later. In December 2007, Bailey told Newsweek that the governor told him "I've lost confidence in your ability to do your job" and "I couldn't get you to help me with my son when I had that problem."[12]

haha "your job is to help me cover up any indiscretions or potential crimes my family commits and I'm not confident you are doing that as a police chief."

definitely gonna vote for that power abusing rear end in a top hat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love when someone does something hosed up or ethically dubious and then they get all

"THE LIBERAL MEDIA is just hounding me and destroying my career!"

it's like bro maybe you shouldn't be a nutcase and there wouldn't be anything to hound you about.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
look I mean yeah 'molestation' is bad :rolleyes:

but the LIBERAL CONSPIRACY that is positively DESTROYING MY CAREER is worse. my mistakes were made in the past, why should I be suffering consequences now? I got away with it back then!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my parents took me aside and said 'hey your brother may have touched you inappropriately' and I was just shocked because he always told me he was checking for satanic influence

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah you don't really need to coach them when you've just been telling them women are evil and deserve all evil that happens to them their whole lives

it wouldn't surprise me to learn that these girls feel worse about leading their brother into temptation and the resultant fiasco it has caused than anything else. Like when Cheney shot that dude in the face and then the dude had a press conference at the hospital to apologize to Cheney. Some next level poo poo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Blows my mind how she blows rational people's minds.

What a oval office. It's the only TLC show I've veto'd.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's not appropriate to use the word 'oval office' to describe someone who lies to people and exploits their grief about dead relatives/friends in order to scam them into some kind of 'psychic reading' in order to profit and have a TV show?

huh.

dog buttz posted:

You've got to have a little bit of respect for someone who is capable of convincing otherwise rational people that she can see their death by rubbing their hands.

same amount of fascination in watching scam artists grift people I guess but she isn't a good person worthy of respect

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 17, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Listen we here at soemthingawful dont really like to use those hate terms. human being

it's prolly because oval office is considered to be super bad in the USA but it's just the equivalent of saying 'rear end in a top hat' in the UK or Australia so there's confusion

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think Genesplicer is an excellent mod; I've noticed he's a bit prickly about that word is all.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bobbie Wickham posted:

"oval office" is a slur, just like "friend of the family" or "kike." It's not really interchangeable with "rear end in a top hat," "scumbag," or whatever word you want to describe someone like cold reading-scam artists. Or try using "friend of the family" next time to describe someone like the Long Island Medium, and see how well that goes over, I dunno.

Bobbie Wickham posted:

It's a slur that denigrates women, just like "kike" denigrates Jewish people or "friend of the family" denigrates blacks. When you use a word like that, you're reducing someone to a single characteristic that signals that they have little or no worth, based on their gender, religion, or skin color. This isn't something new that came about from Tumblr in the last year.

I get that, which is why I understand why it's more taboo in the USA than other standard insults like rear end in a top hat or whatever. I myself don't particularly like to use it or other similar slurs referring to a group of people - I hate to say 'I've been jewed' for example. But, why is 'oval office' so much worse than 'pussy' or 'retard' which is flung about all the time? Or even calling someone a vagina or telling them to sack up?

If you say those words/phrases are also sexist I don't necessarily disagree but I'm talking about consistent enforcement of rules.

quote:

At the same time, it's an ugly word with a nasty history and it's pretty offensive when it's used as a slur.

You kinda lose me there though. What history does 'oval office' have really? I mean yeah it's a storied insult but it has no history other than that afaik. It was never used as a tool of dehumanization in order to justify slavery for example.

e: also fwiw the Oxford Dictionary of Slang: "2-A foolish or despicable person, female or male" and in fact apparently it is more common in the UK/Australia to refer to men as cunts vs women.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 18, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean again whatever if that's the price we pay to have a decent mod that's fine it's just kinda funny to me is all.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ooh here come the mods to shut us down because we're questioning The Way Things Are - GBS is at it again!

relax man there's nothing new to talk about re Duggar who cares if there's a sidebar for a page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo he and jeff epstein should fight to the death on national TV

then the winner fights a lion (they don't know that tho)

• Locked thread