Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I can't imagine waking up one morning to have the whole internet asking me about some poo poo I did when I was 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

In this guy's defense, how confident can we be that given his upbringing he had any idea the significance or weight of what he was doing? I think we would all agree that theres an age at which you wouldn't be able to hold a kid accountable for this kind of thing, the main question is what that age is. 14 seems pretty old, but who knows how little he'd been told.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Soup du Jour posted:

It's not surprising really, although the amount is. you'd think the family would do something to stop it after the first incident, but better go stop the gay agenda or pop out another 5 babies

I don't know of there's anything to suggest that it happened again after the parents first found out

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Vicodiva posted:

Given that the Duggar's philosophy of teaching toddlers involves "Blanket Training" to teach "self control"... Josh Duggar is 100% accountable at 14

Blanket training is a type of corporal punishment used to discipline infants and toddlers. Proponents believe that blanket training trains very young children to stay on a blanket.

Blanket training is a method adapted from the methods encouraged in To Train Up a Child

To blanket train a child, a caretaker places the infant or toddler on a blanket and inflicts pain on the child when he or she attempts to leave the blanket. Proponents of blanket training believe that eventually the child will stay on the blanket without adult intervention or enforcement because the child has come to associate leaving the blanket with pain.

I don't understand how this establishes his grasp on sex and the boundaries of appropriate sexual behavior.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Real talk, I think it would be pretty hard to report your son to the police for molestation, I have no idea what I would do in that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Jim Bob helps pack the Candy for Jill to take to the poors in El Savador.

Not to be all :goonsay:, but what is up with her feet?

• Locked thread