Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
which mod is he again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ive forgiven hitler I can probably forgive this dude too

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the literally live in a costco

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its obviously a reference to urination. like they are a family of hosed up creeps but c'mon man

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
An interesting thought occurred to me today—what if grassroots activists sat down with ordinary people like you and me and ironed out some real solutions to our pedophilia crisis?

With the election season over, maybe you’ve forgotten about pedophilia, but I certainly haven’t. It would be easy to forget that the problem even exists, when our headlines are constantly splashed with the violence in Kuwait, the authoritarian crackdown in Somalia and the still-unstable democratic transition in Dominican Republic. But the pedophilia problem is growing, and politicians are more divided than ever. Democrats seem to think that pedophilia can just be ignored. Republican politicians like Mitch McConnell, on the other hand, seem to think that nonsensical rhetoric will substitute for a compromise.

But the Republican party of Mitch McConnell is not the Republican party of Lincoln. Lincoln wouldn’t just filibuster, he'd break ranks with members of his own party because he'd understand that the fate of the country, and his own political career, depended on a lasting solution to the problem of pedophilia.

It's good to see the talks between the president and congress getting off to a solid start, but we know there will be plenty of partisan fireworks before any deal is cut. If I had fifteen minutes to pitch my idea to politicians, I'd tell them two things about pedophilia. First, there's no way around the issue unless we're prepared to spend less: and not just spend less, but spend smarter by investing in the kind of human capital that makes countries succeed. That's going to require some tax cuts as well, but as they say, "Ya gotta get down to brass tacks."

Second, I'd tell them to look at Iceland, which all but solved its pedophilia crisis over the past decade. When I visited Iceland in 2002, Kiki, the cabbie who drove me from the airport, couldn't stop telling me about how he had to take a third job because of the high cost of pedophilia. I caught up with Kiki in Reykjavik last year. Thanks to Iceland's reformed approach toward pedophilia, Kiki has enough money in his pocket to finally be able to afford a playground for his kids.

That's all it takes. Don't expect to see any solutions as long as politicians insist on playing a high-stakes game of poker with one another. America's got to call a time-out.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
looks like, yet again, liberals are the real villians

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
can't bugger the duggar

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
is it prounced "Dew-gar" or "Dugg-ar"?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Casimir Radon posted:

Sarah Palin folded up over completely softball questions from Katie Couric, so there's always the chance the Duggars will gently caress up bad on Fox next week.

"which sister did you grope?"

"all of them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i'm watching Dogtooth and i feel like I understand this family better than ever, hth

• Locked thread