Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Dr. W's castle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You got the Alien Shield!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Srice posted:

WATTSMAN

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Kinda sad to be on the last part already.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

This is how NERV was founded

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
GONG

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's time to enjoy the laser show

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
edit: butler is a badass.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yuri's butt just got evolved

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Yuri's butt just got evolved

:buttfame:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rip Carson Carson, all he wanted was a drink

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Carson's death was over the top.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

NO MERCY

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
What am I fighting forrrr????

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

wait, there was some mercy

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Please recycle empty bottles responsibly, everyone

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Hahahaha

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Another planet destroyed by the monsters Kei and Yuri.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Loved that ending.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
And everyone but Kei, Yuri and the bad guys died. The end!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was great and now I'm sad that no-ones makes day-glo disco space anime any more.

Apart from Space Dandy, I guess.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
At least the :capitalism: guy died doing what he loved.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

That was great and now I'm sad that no-ones makes day-glo disco space anime any more.

Apart from Space Dandy, I guess.

I hope they make new Dirty Pair stuff someday.

If Cobra was able to get a new anime back in the late 2000s I think anything is possible.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i watched this earlier today and thought it was great. the music is killer (WATTSMAN) and all of the voices except for kei's were dubbed pretty well. i looked up kei's american VA and she never did anything but kei in dirty pair so i guess that's something of a blessing.

is the ending of this (and the bit on the space station at the start) indicative of dirty pair in general? because it's definitely hilarious to see them struggle against a villain and then succeed only to blow the whole place to smithereens anyway.

i was going to try to make some gifs of parts i thought were cool but it turns out i super suck at it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Paper Triangle posted:

i watched this earlier today and thought it was great. the music is killer (WATTSMAN) and all of the voices except for kei's were dubbed pretty well. i looked up kei's american VA and she never did anything but kei in dirty pair so i guess that's something of a blessing.

is the ending of this (and the bit on the space station at the start) indicative of dirty pair in general? because it's definitely hilarious to see them struggle against a villain and then succeed only to blow the whole place to smithereens anyway.

i was going to try to make some gifs of parts i thought were cool but it turns out i super suck at it.

It's definitely a running joke that K&Y usually end up blowing up whatever they're investigating, though I don't know if it happens every single time.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I kinda liked Kei's voice. :shrug: Maybe I just got used to it from the dubbed OVAs though.

edit: Just realized they kinda sidelined Mughi. Usually they contact him by com when they get into trouble.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 24, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how did they do the parts in the dub where the prof says something in english and then japanese?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched the sub version. :v:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

how did they do the parts in the dub where the prof says something in english and then japanese?

Everything he said was in english.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Yes!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

After a brief comparison, I will NOT be watching the ADV Dub, and will be watching the vastly superior Streamline dub instead.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

After a brief comparison, I will NOT be watching the ADV Dub, and will be watching the vastly superior Streamline dub instead.

I don't even know which version Manga Entertainment has on their channel anymore, because the phrase "a big poo poo of minnows" sounds like something that Streamline would put in.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

i loved that scene. here's this mad scientist, but he's fed up with his experiments failing, so he's going to take a weird bubble bath massage thing.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
that minnows thing confuses the poo poo out of me because like, that's not a phrase. a bunch of minnow poo poo? a big school of minnows? a big cloud of minnow poo poo? what were they going for?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Paper Triangle posted:

that minnows thing confuses the poo poo out of me because like, that's not a phrase. a bunch of minnow poo poo? a big school of minnows? a big cloud of minnow poo poo? what were they going for?

I'm not sure, but I did learn that it is very rude to say that to a lady.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Srice posted:

I don't even know which version Manga Entertainment has on their channel anymore, because the phrase "a big poo poo of minnows" sounds like something that Streamline would put in.

That's the ADV version on there.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

these were my favourite parts in the movie, tbh i didn't care about the action scenes

(did some minor cutting in the middle of this one, for some reason in the movie he flies back down for a couple of frames? looks ugly)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

From a quick sample the Streamline is a bit looser with the script but the jokes are executed better and the voices are better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Like a comparison between a literal translation of Space Dandy or the dub version that we got.

• Locked thread