Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Paper Triangle posted:

i was going to try to make some gifs of parts i thought were cool but it turns out i super suck at it.

I just replied to your post in the gif thread, if that's any help

was a fun watch for me overall. Cool 80s animation and soundtrack. Good pick, Srice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wattsman: Chikao Ohtsuka.

:cry:

e: You're an ADTRW treasure, Srice. :tipshat:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 24, 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dotJPG posted:

was a fun watch for me overall. Cool 80s animation and soundtrack. Good pick, Srice

Thanks! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. It's a real fun movie.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Romance subplot kinda dragged it down for me but Skeleton Yuri and Over the Top! owned.

That was a fun watch.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Srice posted:

This was great fun, nice pick.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah I really enjoyed it. Thanks.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DisDisDis posted:

Romance subplot kinda dragged it down for me but Skeleton Yuri and Over the Top! owned.

That was a fun watch.

I liked it, in part because it was literally just five minutes of the movie and added a little more spark to the whole thing. Movie rules.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Wasn't prepared for the music and explosions.
With that said, thanks for the cool pick. Looking forward to the future entries.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Srice posted:

In terms of animation and music its the pinnacle of the whole franchise; basically just an amalgamation of the most 80s visuals and sound design anyone could come up with.

The Devil Tesla posted:

I liked it, in part because it was literally just five minutes of the movie and added a little more spark to the whole thing.
Its pretty clear someone added that at the last minute to just give this movie some semblance of a plot, and its even more blatant when Carson gets killed then is miraculously alive again at the end of the movie.

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 24, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Somebody post my gif of Carson taking a swig of wine with the ticket launcher cuss Ep chat dnd it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Somebody post my gif of Carson taking a swig of wine with the ticket launcher cuss Ep chat dnd it

edit: can't find it

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Found it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thank you. You are my friend now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I didn't particularly enjoy this film but the artstyle was cool and I appreciated the chance to broaden my horizons, thank you Forums User Srice.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Spent way too long working on this.

ugh I have a lot to learn.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I didn't like it because it seemed like she randomly fell in love with this dude after he fell out of the ceiling into her bath and then she started acting like an idiot. Also there was a 'Kei falls in love with a dashing thief' thing in one of the TV or OVA episodes that was way better. THE INTRICATE PLOT!!! obviously isn't the focus here though I'm just nitpicking.

fake edit: looking back over it it is literally five minutes of the movie

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Was busy, but will watch today.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I just finished watching it and it was fun as hell.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I didn't like it because it seemed like she randomly fell in love with this dude after he fell out of the ceiling into her bath and then she started acting like an idiot. Also there was a 'Kei falls in love with a dashing thief' thing in one of the TV or OVA episodes that was way better. THE INTRICATE PLOT!!! obviously isn't the focus here though I'm just nitpicking.

fake edit: looking back over it it is literally five minutes of the movie

Love works in mysterious ways. Also carson is cute.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I see you, Crusher Joe cameo.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I knew this scene was badass from the gif but it's so much cooler in context. This is a good movie.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

:mrgw:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
This movie is loving sick!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna watch this tonight. I always enjoy me some dirty pair

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

dotJPG posted:

thanks! i'll go look at it now. i managed to make a gif of the bikini girl snowboarding, but it's very large.

and yeah srice this was unexpected and fun and i'm looking forward to next week's. thanks for putting it together.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

this movie has everything I want: anime babes, cool music, and those things that shoot a bunch of small rockets all at once

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just started watching this and I'm in the opening song and this movie is completely sick already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yuri > Kei

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In canon Kei has bigger boobs but Yuri has a bigger butt.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They mention this on the Dirty Pair wikipedia page, so it's definitely sourced and true.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

In canon Kei has bigger boobs but Yuri has a bigger butt.

Good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good lord that movie was cool. Is the TV series / OVAs as good? If so I've got my next show to watch once I finish Chihayafuru

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTSqi11f83Q&t=972s

for some reason the time linking is a little goofy, but, the part where Over the Top kicks in is the best part of the movie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paper Triangle posted:

that minnows thing confuses the poo poo out of me because like, that's not a phrase. a bunch of minnow poo poo? a big school of minnows? a big cloud of minnow poo poo? what were they going for?

i was trying to find this part again because it was really weird. i watched the sub and the line was translated as just him calling her a minnow, and saying something like shes only following the bigger fish. i think its a gold digger type insult.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Am I the only one that prefers Kei?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Good lord that movie was cool. Is the TV series / OVAs as good? If so I've got my next show to watch once I finish Chihayafuru

I watched some of the tv show and even though theres cool moments i like the movie more still. I don't know why I don't like it as much though, just something doesn't work as well about it in 30 minute chunks.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Am I the only one that prefers Kei?

They are both funny and cool and pretty, and I want to be their friend.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Watch this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTMe1vhUxh0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcxfkQGs7Y

• Locked thread