Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
An uncle of mine passed away a few years ago, and my grandmother gave me a piece of art that he had acquired in a crate of Asian relics he bought from an estate sale some time ago. She said she thinks it's Thai in origin, but has nothing to base that on. The statue appears to be intended to hang on a wall, depicting a woman holding her hands in a prayer position at her abdomen, and she seems to have wings. It looks really old and is hand carved, and a lot of the paint is missing. I am not sure if this woman is supposed to be a local deity or just a piece of artwork. I'm sorry that this isn't the best picture but I'm visiting family and only have my phone. I can try to get a better picture if anybody has any idea where it comes from or who it's supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyvok
Mar 30, 2010
Probably Ikea

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's really hard to tell. All I can see are a collection of pixels. Can you try uploading it from a different computer? I think yours has a pixel leak or something.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The pointy end goes into the penis, and then the face is there at the end. It's adds additional character depth to children's puppet shows without inflating labor costs. This practice originated in your uncle's basement.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009
It's hard to tell from the giant picture, it does look SE Asian. Given the amount of paint still on it, I doubt it's too old, but I'm not an expert on SE Asian art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
It's certainly Hindu, you can see the Bindi fairly clearly. It certainly could be Thai. I'd hazard a guess that it was a manifestation of Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth and Beauty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshmi

• Locked thread