Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pox
Feb 16, 2015
I see this almost every time I watch sports or the news now. A Troop comes out and ambushes their family with hugs in front of thousands of people. Does anyone find this weird? It seems really strange that someone would want to come home after months away and hide from their family for a couple days until their wife and kid who has never seen them are at a nascar event and wander out of a tunnel and do a weird greeting ritual for people to clap at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
it seems like a sweet and fun gesture that should probably be a private moment to share with your family without major studio camera crews and poo poo recording everything i dunno tho im gay

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
It also seems retarded to be a soldier in the first place too, though

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
come home from my govt make-work job where i shoot and rape brown people to a surprise surprise party for myself that i force my wife to give me at no notice

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Even though everyone can stay in touch from anywhere at any time through glowing comput0r screens people still want to act like they're in a hollywood film

• Locked thread