Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
The movie is about scummy Wall Street businessmen that make a lot of money. Except for the main character, almost everybody else is worthless poo poo. The men aren't interesting or funny or original or important or inspiring or good looking. They are aggressive, uneducated scum who spend most of the time snorting coke, falling over, and yelling YEAAAAH !!! and gently caress! The women, if in a speaking role, are golddiggers and others are prostitutes.

Why do we need three hours of their orgies is beyond me. Who cares about these people? The aunt and the FBI guy are the only potentially interesting characters but they get very little space, I guess because the director needed to spend more time on depicting yet another senseless orgy or yet another detailed depiction of effects of drugs.

This would be 1/5 if it weren't for DiCaprio who gives a captivating performance of the main character. He's energetic and convincing. Too bad his talent is wasted on a character of a money-embezzling, drug-addicted salesman surrounded by human trash.

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Doctor Malaver posted:

Why do we need three hours of their orgies is beyond me.

It seems that the indulgent assault on your senses was not enough to hammer home the point of film through your incredibly thick skull.

Enjoy the Skeleton Twins or whatever Sundance pablum flops out of the indie sphincter onto VOD this year.

5/5

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

This movie was an entertaining and funny episode of "rich people behaving badly." The pacing could have been better, so 4/5.

5/5 for the sick burn in the second post of this thread.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Title is a lie, there are no wolves in this movie.

1/5

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Thoroughly watchable performances by DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. If the movie made a misstep, it might be a little too sympathetic towards the character of Jordan Belmont, who is a gigantic piece of poo poo in every way but god drat DiCaprio sells it. Best to go into this expecting a dark comedy (the movie is plenty funny) than any serious ruminations on money, power, blah blah

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While the story is enjoyable, the performances make this movie. DiCaprio seems to kill doing roles as a sleazy scammer and this movie was no exception.

4/5