Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThickDick420
Dec 16, 2014
Over the past two days things have taken an ugly turn in the world of Dave Matthews Band and their fans. It began with Tuesday night's show in Rogers, AR. Two things about this show brought the feelings of the so-called "hardcores" of the fan base to a boiling point. One is a lack of diversity in the song selection of sets, particularly in the acoustic set. The other is the return of the Lovely Ladies.

Song selection has been an issue that has really become a hot topic over the past few years. What has brought this issue to the forefront is the fact that as the catalog of DMBs songs has grown most fans are expecting wider and more diverse setlists. What has actually happened is that setlists have grown more predictable and repetitive. A fine example of this was the last three weekends of the 2014 summer tour. On successive weekends (Berkeley, The Gorge, and the final show of the tour in Irvine, CA) the encore closer was Shake Me Like a Monkey. Is Shake Me Like a Monkey as bad a song as it has been made out to be? No, absolutely not. However, when it is overplayed to a fan base that is known for going to multiple shows every year, and then when that song closes out three of the biggest weekends of the tour (on three consecutive weekends mind you) it begins to get reviled by the fans.

When this band was in its younger years a hardcore fan was commonly asked why they would see the same band so many times. The common answer was always "Because every show is different, you never know what you're going to get." Alas, every show is still different, but that feeling that you never know what you're going to get is gone. The setlists have descended into what almost seems like a set rotation, even though that isn't quite accurate. The acoustic sets have been a particular area that has received a lot of criticism. Last year everyone was excited when they first heard about the acoustic sets. People were genuinely excited to hear songs played differently and get new life. The reality of what occurred over the summer did a great disservice to everyone. The songs that were played acoustically got repetitive because there weren't enough different songs attempted, and the ones that were played were played almost exactly the same as they would be played in the electric set. I expected different arrangements and stripped down versions of the songs, something that would be exciting. If one were given a recording of Tripping Billies from last year it was hard to discern which of the two sets it was from, there was very little difference between the acoustic version and the electric version. Sadly, the band had a real opportunity to do something exciting, and it was squandered to the point where fans were not excited to see the return of the acoustic set.

I think a lot of this has to do with either fear or laziness, or possibly both, I am not sure which. This is a band that used to take risks. Today you seem very risk averse. There used to musical pieces and interludes where the band would take the fan on a musical journey and we never know where we would end up. We just enjoyed going along for the ride, and the journey was magical. Think of things like Heartbeat, or Doobie Thing from the old days, or one of the multitude of times where it seemed the band was just jamming before or after a song and something special was happening on stage. Today things rarely exist and if they do they seem much more formulaic and rigid. That free flow of ideas between talented musicians either isn't there, or it is difficult to recognize today. You no longer see the band on stage trying things and taking risks. In the past sometimes those risks worked, and sometimes they didn't, but you always appreciated that they were trying. Even the jams during songs like Two Step and Jimi Thing feel like they are being played the same way over and over again. They used to be a lot less structured and the performances varied a lot. You needed to hear every performance of Two Step because you wanted to know which version was the best, now there is no need to hear every performance of the song because they don't vary all that greatly. What happened to the spontaneity and the musical adventure that used to happen much more frequently when you were at a Dave Matthews Band show?

There is a sense that some of the repetitiveness of songs has to do with lack of wanting to put in the work to revisit other material and make it sound good. Stefan condescendingly responded to a tweet by the Twitter account of this website yesterday by saying that he was "Off to run through our total catalog, you know, just in case, I like to be ready." What Stefan fails to grasp is - would it be nice if you could play any song at any time? Sure. That, however, we know is unrealistic. What is realistic though, with your large catalog, is that the band could easily dust off one or two songs a night – every night - that could inject some excitement into these shows. Might it take some practice and some work? Yes, it would, but last I checked Dave Matthews Band is a professional band, practicing the craft is part of the job. This is preferable to trotting out the same songs over and over and over again that the band could likely play in their sleep if they had to. (I'm looking at you Seven, among others.) I think the band challenging itself to play songs like The Dreaming Tree, The Last Stop, or Spoon three or four times a tour would be a worthwhile endeavor for everyone. It will make the band better, and it will please the fans. It will take effort to make that happen, and I am not sure that the band is willing to put in that effort. Stefan, be sure that we are not asking you for the world, indeed we are asking you to throw us a bone from time to time. Is that really too much to ask for?

Now to the second part of what brought everything to a boil the other night, the return of the Lovely Ladies. The Ladies have been quite polarizing. No one doubts that they are fantastic singers, they are indeed quite talented. The problem with the Ladies is that they don't particularly fit with the band other than in a few particular spots. They make sense on Stay, I like them on Long Black Veil, but on other songs such as You & Me and Drunken Soldier, they just get in the way. In both of these cases the Ladies parts become filler during musical parts of the song. Their parts get repetitive, don't go anywhere, and get boring. Incessant repeating of "You, me" and "That's not a star that's a satellite" is not adding anything to the songs, it is unnecessary and a big part of the reason why the Lovely Ladies are so reviled. Stefan can say all he wants that the people on his Twitter feed love the Lovely Ladies, but if the Lovely Ladies were so great for this band then why were they not advertised in promotional materials? We know when Bela Fleck is going to show up, we know when Emmylou Harris will be guesting. If the Lovely Ladies are not a problem for this band then why were they not advertised? The reality is that if they were advertised in advance they would have a negative impact on ticket sales, and that is bad news for a band that has had a growing problem selling tickets.

Shows no longer sell out like they used to. In fact, it is pretty easy to get tickets to a show these days. Tickets are regularly available for under face value on message boards, and can still be bought straight from the source up until the day of the show in most cases. This is a band that used to sell out multi-night runs in cities all over the country. Now places that are traditional strongholds for this band have been seeing less shows and decreased attendance. One of the earliest centers for this band was the northeast of the United States. This band regularly sold out Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, and Foxboro Stadium in Foxborough, MA. Multiple nights in giant stadiums packed to the gills in the northeast were the norm. To see what has become of the northeast for Dave Matthews Band is sad. Until recently Mansfield had two sold out shows; it's now down to a single show. Hartford used to sell out three shows; it is down to one show. Not to mention all the changes throughout New York. How did it come to this? How is it that the biggest stronghold of this band is now barely selling out single amphitheatre shows? This is what has happened by thumbing your nose at your hardcore fan base. The hardcores traveled, went to as many of these shows within their driving distance as they could, and made Dave Matthews Band a priority of their summer. The band has made it so that the hardcores no longer must see as much DMB as they possibly can. The band can continue thumbing their nose at the hardcore set of their fan base, but the numbers don't lie. The current state of DMBs live show fandom is what the result is.

Fortunately, I believe there isn't a lot that has to be done to reignite the enthusiasm within the hardcore fan base, and to get us buying tickets again for multiple shows, and traveling. The unfortunate thing is that the ways to fix this are not ways that the band is interested in taking. We get accused of "well if you don't like it don't go" and "why are you still a fan if you hate what they do?" The reality is that many people have either cut back their show attendance either dramatically or completely. The reality is also that many of these people are willing, and clamoring to come back, if they felt like they were getting even a semblance of what they expect out of this band. We are not asking for the band to do anything that you are incapable of. We are not demanding that you cure cancer and solve world peace and play Let You Down all in the same night. What we are demanding are things that we know this band is capable of because you have done it in the past. You set your own high bar with your past performances, it is a shame that you no longer strive to live up to that standard. This band is truly at a crossroads, you can continue down the path you're on, and with the current trajectory regular summer touring and amphitheatre style venues will certainly go by the wayside sooner rather than later, or you can alter course and see how your hardcore fans respond.

Make no mistake about it Dave Matthews Band and Stefan, we are not being cranky and negative because we want to be. We are trying to get you to re-realize your greatness. The unfortunate thing, and the thing that you really need to sit down and ask yourselves is, are you looking at things through the prism of reality, or are you looking at things through rose colored glasses? Retweeting people that say you can do nothing wrong, and they'd be happy no matter what you played is not helping your situation. Is it reasonable that there are other sections of the fan base that should be heard too? Of course, that is understandable. Should you ignore your hardcore fan base that has been dwindling of late, because of your lack of doing anything at all to appease them? Do so at your own risk. Ticket sales have floundered for a reason. There are fewer shows in hotbed areas for a reason. Do you care that your band is losing the popularity that is once had, and that is still within reach? Maybe you don't.

What happened to that guy that begged Dave to bring back Minarets only to have it spurned for Dream Girl? What happened to the guy that would poll the fans to ask what songs we wanted to hear, only to have most of it disregarded anyway? We know you deep down get it, Stefan. However, surrounding yourself with sycophants, only being interested in the messages that positive people message you, looking only as far as the pit so you only seeing the people in there who are having the time of their lives while you ignore that there are an awful lot of empty seats at the back of the pavilion, and that the lawn is a lot more sparse than it used to be is serving whom? All it is doing is shielding yourself from reality and telling you that everything is just fine while Rome burns around you. Are you willing to look at what's going on and do something about it, or are you going to continue to myopically avoid reality only to look back years from now and wonder why it all fell apart? Make no mistake, Dave Matthews Band is bringing this upon itself, there are ways to fix it and there is still time to change course. I bring these issues to your attention not because I am negative or because I dislike the band, on the contrary, I bring them to your attention because I love this band and want to see you have continued success and be on the level where you can be, and deserve to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
:unsmith:

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
They also poo poo on all those people that one time

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
DMB sucks...except the drummer. He's fly

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

they gay

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

dear david m bands,

hang ten, stay chill, sending good vibes

ur budy socialveg

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
why did i read that whole thing

also, who are the lovely ladies?

roikun777
May 19, 2007

hedgehog's dilemma
Dave Matthews is a member of the American Nazi Party and he and his band beat up me and my friends at a radio 104 fest in Hartford in 1999.

Dave Matthews can go right to hell

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Dave Matthews is a giant fag.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

roikun777 posted:

Dave Matthews is a member of the American Nazi Party and he and his band beat up me and my friends at a radio 104 fest in Hartford in 1999.

Dave Matthews can go right to hell

OMG!!!

he's south african, so apartheid is in his blood.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Waaaay tl;dr

Dave Matthews Band is pretty chill tho

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i didnt read the op but i agree with the sentiment

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
There are no DMB fans. For a few years they bribed retards into pretending to like them with free pudding pops handed out at shows. At this point the only people who go to see them are their moms.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
DOOT

DOOT DOOT DOOT

DOOT DOOT DOOT

Doo doodoodledoo doo doo doo doo doot

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
in terms of cool places to smoke weed a dave show is slightly better than a science musuem but slightly worse than a six flags

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There's no U in DMB.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ThickDick420 posted:

Over the past two days things have taken an ugly turn in the world of Dave Matthews Band and their fans. It began with Tuesday night's show in Rogers, AR. Two things about this show brought the feelings of the so-called "hardcores" of the fan base to a boiling point. One is a lack of diversity in the song selection of sets, particularly in the acoustic set. The other is the return of the Lovely Ladies.

Song selection has been an issue that has really become a hot topic over the past few years. What has brought this issue to the forefront is the fact that as the catalog of DMBs songs has grown most fans are expecting wider and more diverse setlists. What has actually happened is that setlists have grown more predictable and repetitive. A fine example of this was the last three weekends of the 2014 summer tour. On successive weekends (Berkeley, The Gorge, and the final show of the tour in Irvine, CA) the encore closer was Shake Me Like a Monkey. Is Shake Me Like a Monkey as bad a song as it has been made out to be? No, absolutely not. However, when it is overplayed to a fan base that is known for going to multiple shows every year, and then when that song closes out three of the biggest weekends of the tour (on three consecutive weekends mind you) it begins to get reviled by the fans.

When this band was in its younger years a hardcore fan was commonly asked why they would see the same band so many times. The common answer was always "Because every show is different, you never know what you're going to get." Alas, every show is still different, but that feeling that you never know what you're going to get is gone. The setlists have descended into what almost seems like a set rotation, even though that isn't quite accurate. The acoustic sets have been a particular area that has received a lot of criticism. Last year everyone was excited when they first heard about the acoustic sets. People were genuinely excited to hear songs played differently and get new life. The reality of what occurred over the summer did a great disservice to everyone. The songs that were played acoustically got repetitive because there weren't enough different songs attempted, and the ones that were played were played almost exactly the same as they would be played in the electric set. I expected different arrangements and stripped down versions of the songs, something that would be exciting. If one were given a recording of Tripping Billies from last year it was hard to discern which of the two sets it was from, there was very little difference between the acoustic version and the electric version. Sadly, the band had a real opportunity to do something exciting, and it was squandered to the point where fans were not excited to see the return of the acoustic set.

I think a lot of this has to do with either fear or laziness, or possibly both, I am not sure which. This is a band that used to take risks. Today you seem very risk averse. There used to musical pieces and interludes where the band would take the fan on a musical journey and we never know where we would end up. We just enjoyed going along for the ride, and the journey was magical. Think of things like Heartbeat, or Doobie Thing from the old days, or one of the multitude of times where it seemed the band was just jamming before or after a song and something special was happening on stage. Today things rarely exist and if they do they seem much more formulaic and rigid. That free flow of ideas between talented musicians either isn't there, or it is difficult to recognize today. You no longer see the band on stage trying things and taking risks. In the past sometimes those risks worked, and sometimes they didn't, but you always appreciated that they were trying. Even the jams during songs like Two Step and Jimi Thing feel like they are being played the same way over and over again. They used to be a lot less structured and the performances varied a lot. You needed to hear every performance of Two Step because you wanted to know which version was the best, now there is no need to hear every performance of the song because they don't vary all that greatly. What happened to the spontaneity and the musical adventure that used to happen much more frequently when you were at a Dave Matthews Band show?

There is a sense that some of the repetitiveness of songs has to do with lack of wanting to put in the work to revisit other material and make it sound good. Stefan condescendingly responded to a tweet by the Twitter account of this website yesterday by saying that he was "Off to run through our total catalog, you know, just in case, I like to be ready." What Stefan fails to grasp is - would it be nice if you could play any song at any time? Sure. That, however, we know is unrealistic. What is realistic though, with your large catalog, is that the band could easily dust off one or two songs a night – every night - that could inject some excitement into these shows. Might it take some practice and some work? Yes, it would, but last I checked Dave Matthews Band is a professional band, practicing the craft is part of the job. This is preferable to trotting out the same songs over and over and over again that the band could likely play in their sleep if they had to. (I'm looking at you Seven, among others.) I think the band challenging itself to play songs like The Dreaming Tree, The Last Stop, or Spoon three or four times a tour would be a worthwhile endeavor for everyone. It will make the band better, and it will please the fans. It will take effort to make that happen, and I am not sure that the band is willing to put in that effort. Stefan, be sure that we are not asking you for the world, indeed we are asking you to throw us a bone from time to time. Is that really too much to ask for?

Now to the second part of what brought everything to a boil the other night, the return of the Lovely Ladies. The Ladies have been quite polarizing. No one doubts that they are fantastic singers, they are indeed quite talented. The problem with the Ladies is that they don't particularly fit with the band other than in a few particular spots. They make sense on Stay, I like them on Long Black Veil, but on other songs such as You & Me and Drunken Soldier, they just get in the way. In both of these cases the Ladies parts become filler during musical parts of the song. Their parts get repetitive, don't go anywhere, and get boring. Incessant repeating of "You, me" and "That's not a star that's a satellite" is not adding anything to the songs, it is unnecessary and a big part of the reason why the Lovely Ladies are so reviled. Stefan can say all he wants that the people on his Twitter feed love the Lovely Ladies, but if the Lovely Ladies were so great for this band then why were they not advertised in promotional materials? We know when Bela Fleck is going to show up, we know when Emmylou Harris will be guesting. If the Lovely Ladies are not a problem for this band then why were they not advertised? The reality is that if they were advertised in advance they would have a negative impact on ticket sales, and that is bad news for a band that has had a growing problem selling tickets.

Shows no longer sell out like they used to. In fact, it is pretty easy to get tickets to a show these days. Tickets are regularly available for under face value on message boards, and can still be bought straight from the source up until the day of the show in most cases. This is a band that used to sell out multi-night runs in cities all over the country. Now places that are traditional strongholds for this band have been seeing less shows and decreased attendance. One of the earliest centers for this band was the northeast of the United States. This band regularly sold out Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, and Foxboro Stadium in Foxborough, MA. Multiple nights in giant stadiums packed to the gills in the northeast were the norm. To see what has become of the northeast for Dave Matthews Band is sad. Until recently Mansfield had two sold out shows; it's now down to a single show. Hartford used to sell out three shows; it is down to one show. Not to mention all the changes throughout New York. How did it come to this? How is it that the biggest stronghold of this band is now barely selling out single amphitheatre shows? This is what has happened by thumbing your nose at your hardcore fan base. The hardcores traveled, went to as many of these shows within their driving distance as they could, and made Dave Matthews Band a priority of their summer. The band has made it so that the hardcores no longer must see as much DMB as they possibly can. The band can continue thumbing their nose at the hardcore set of their fan base, but the numbers don't lie. The current state of DMBs live show fandom is what the result is.

Fortunately, I believe there isn't a lot that has to be done to reignite the enthusiasm within the hardcore fan base, and to get us buying tickets again for multiple shows, and traveling. The unfortunate thing is that the ways to fix this are not ways that the band is interested in taking. We get accused of "well if you don't like it don't go" and "why are you still a fan if you hate what they do?" The reality is that many people have either cut back their show attendance either dramatically or completely. The reality is also that many of these people are willing, and clamoring to come back, if they felt like they were getting even a semblance of what they expect out of this band. We are not asking for the band to do anything that you are incapable of. We are not demanding that you cure cancer and solve world peace and play Let You Down all in the same night. What we are demanding are things that we know this band is capable of because you have done it in the past. You set your own high bar with your past performances, it is a shame that you no longer strive to live up to that standard. This band is truly at a crossroads, you can continue down the path you're on, and with the current trajectory regular summer touring and amphitheatre style venues will certainly go by the wayside sooner rather than later, or you can alter course and see how your hardcore fans respond.

Make no mistake about it Dave Matthews Band and Stefan, we are not being cranky and negative because we want to be. We are trying to get you to re-realize your greatness. The unfortunate thing, and the thing that you really need to sit down and ask yourselves is, are you looking at things through the prism of reality, or are you looking at things through rose colored glasses? Retweeting people that say you can do nothing wrong, and they'd be happy no matter what you played is not helping your situation. Is it reasonable that there are other sections of the fan base that should be heard too? Of course, that is understandable. Should you ignore your hardcore fan base that has been dwindling of late, because of your lack of doing anything at all to appease them? Do so at your own risk. Ticket sales have floundered for a reason. There are fewer shows in hotbed areas for a reason. Do you care that your band is losing the popularity that is once had, and that is still within reach? Maybe you don't.

What happened to that guy that begged Dave to bring back Minarets only to have it spurned for Dream Girl? What happened to the guy that would poll the fans to ask what songs we wanted to hear, only to have most of it disregarded anyway? We know you deep down get it, Stefan. However, surrounding yourself with sycophants, only being interested in the messages that positive people message you, looking only as far as the pit so you only seeing the people in there who are having the time of their lives while you ignore that there are an awful lot of empty seats at the back of the pavilion, and that the lawn is a lot more sparse than it used to be is serving whom? All it is doing is shielding yourself from reality and telling you that everything is just fine while Rome burns around you. Are you willing to look at what's going on and do something about it, or are you going to continue to myopically avoid reality only to look back years from now and wonder why it all fell apart? Make no mistake, Dave Matthews Band is bringing this upon itself, there are ways to fix it and there is still time to change course. I bring these issues to your attention not because I am negative or because I dislike the band, on the contrary, I bring them to your attention because I love this band and want to see you have continued success and be on the level where you can be, and deserve to be.

thats a lot of words

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Roargasm posted:

in terms of cool places to smoke weed a dave show is significantly worse than a science musuem but enormously worse than a six flags

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that place they played at is just one of those big semi permanent tents and it used to be in the mall parking lot cause nobody went to the mall any more so they set it up

then walmart bought the big tent and moved it to rogers like they do with everything they snipe

ThickDick420
Dec 16, 2014
I'm not one to make threads terribly often in DMBc, but for some reason I feel compelled to. I've been, by and large, a for the vast majority of how long I've been a fan of this band. I'll be turning 25 in August, and I bought my first DMB album in 2002. That means that I have listened to and adored this band for longer than I HAVEN'T listened to and adored this band.

Today was the day I think that might have pushed a major part of my life over the edge. It's not just about last night's set (which I'll get to in a bit) but about something else that happened today.

Faith No More released their first album in 18 years on May 19th, 2015 (Sol Invictus. It's really good. Go buy it. Now. Right now.). The band broke up in 1998, and eventually got back together in 2009. They toured semi-frequently, mixing up setlists (while still playing standards that EVERYONE wants to see if they're seeing FNM) and giving great performances night in and night out. To see a band that far into their work come out with an album that showed how much they truly cared really pointed out to me how lovely it is that DMB seemingly doesn't care that much anymore at all.

For DMB, it seems that they're touring and making music because they feel they have to as opposed to wanting to, so they do the things that make them feel better to get through their job...even if it doesn't actually make them better at it. Kind of like only keeping your job because the free food they give you is good. Tonight's set list shows that Dave doesn't have his finger on the pulse of his fanbase at all. Not just the setlist, though. I can accept that every now and again something like that will happen. Just a collection of stuff that didn't really work. But to bring back the Lovely Ladies who nobody wants back is a slap in the face. Dave's not a dumb guy, he has to know that they're musical stylings are not appreciated by the fanbase at large. This is not to say that the LL's aren't talented, they are. They also don't work with this band. Two good things together won't always be good. If DMB doesn't care, why should I? I'll still give it a bit, but I'm at the end of my rope.

It's just not fun anymore.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Roargasm posted:

in terms of cool places to smoke weed a dave show is slightly better than a science musuem but slightly worse than a six flags

Smoking weed at a science museum is way loving cooler than Dave Mathews.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Matthew Good Band got back together??

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Tricky D posted:

especially if they've got a planetarium :drugnerd:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Tricky D posted:

ThickDick420
Dec 16, 2014
The reason for this bands dwindling is Dave Matthews. He's lazy, stubborn, and old. This band was once great bc their energies and passions were 100% focused on their craft and artistry. Now, their attention is far from the band. Dave is so creative in his ladder years that he draws inspiration from child lullabies

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ThickDick420 posted:

The reason for this bands dwindling is Dave Matthews. He's lazy, stubborn, and old. This band was once great bc their energies and passions were 100% focused on their craft and artistry. Now, their attention is far from the band. Dave is so creative in his ladder years that he draws inspiration from child lullabies

Officially now a bad thread that I don't like

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
A true fan would have addressed the eponymous letter to "Dave".

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
DMB sucks, sorry* OP

*not sorry

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
If I was dave mathews, I would phone it in too. I mean why not? He's already got paid. gently caress it.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

ThickDick420 posted:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The only thing I know about Dave Matthews Band is that they were the act that was used to promote napster when it was 'relaunched'

They can go suck a gently caress tbh.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Dave Matthews' band sucks, OP sucks, everything sucks.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I like hearing about people in an enviable situation that stop giving a gently caress and fade away. It makes me feel better about myself.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

ThickDick420 posted:

:yikes:

Black Numenorean
Nov 23, 2008

Otto von Ruthless posted:

why did i read that whole thing

also, who are the lovely ladies?

The Lovely Ladies are the two heavy-set black women who serve as backup singers.

Black Numenorean fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 22, 2015

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dave is a goon

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
:smuggo:comfortable bourgeois groove:smuggo:

you should probably do coke or heroin for the show, but avoid the hard drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tricky D posted:

If I was dave mathews, I would phone it in too. I mean why not? He's already got paid. gently caress it.

plus it's not like his fans can discern actual music from fart sounds and air horns

• Locked thread