Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

if i gently caress a robot with my cyborg boner is it even loving anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I don't ever want to die, hope they're figuring out this whole dying thing, I find it problematic
telomeres + entropy. even if you somehow fixed one, the other would getcha

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
I want a cyborg rear end in a top hat that could shoot turds with lethal force and accuracy.
C'mon singularity. hurry the gently caress up. I'm bored and fed up with this weak and vulnerable butthole made of flesh.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

when can i grt my skul-gun

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

if i wear glasses does that mean i'm a cyborg?

what if i have an artificial tooth

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

If I can't live forever how will I watch anime until the universe collapses

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

SorePotato posted:

If I can't live forever how will I watch anime until the universe collapses

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
i bet that robo dude in the op can crush the poo poo out of that egg with his powerful robot arms

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
I always laugh at all these nerds that want to at some unspecified point in the 'not too distant future' dream of removing their perfectly healthy human limbs and getting lovely robot ones.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Matty posted:

I always laugh at all these nerds that want to at some unspecified point in the 'not too distant future' dream of removing their perfectly healthy human limbs and getting lovely robot ones.

yeah well you wont be laughing when i clumsily crush all your eggs with my powerful robot arms

Matty
Oct 29, 2010

gender illusionist posted:

yeah well you wont be laughing when i clumsily crush all your eggs with my powerful robot arms

You monster

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I only watched a couple of episodes of battel star galatica but it semms like it would be really easy to find out who the robot was, jsut see who never has to poop!

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
not if the libs have anything to say about it. sloth, willful ignorance, criminality - these are all qualities that are rewarded.

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

I want to be a robot

but a cool one not a gay one

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

artificial tooth = sighborg

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Sidecrab posted:

I want to be a robot

but a cool one not a gay one

i bet being a gay robot could be pretty cool though

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

what are you going to do with your robot arms? tweet really fast? drink coconut water with extra vigor? what is the point

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

I only watched a couple of episodes of battel star galatica but it semms like it would be really easy to find out who the robot was, jsut see who never has to poop!

the next great advance

pooptium 64

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Gammatron 64 posted:

The thing ghost in the shell got wrong is that only rich people are going to wind up immortal cyborgs. You think your non-existent healthcare covers robot arms? Haha, no.

Want to be a cyborg? Check out this instructable!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

gender illusionist posted:

i bet that robo dude in the op can crush the poo poo out of that egg with his powerful robot arms

Smashbot crush the eggs.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Matty posted:

You monster

im a pretty bad dude

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Phobic Nest posted:

You get left behind if you believe in evolution, heathen.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

The thing ghost in the shell got wrong is that only rich people are going to wind up immortal cyborgs. You think your non-existent healthcare covers robot arms? Haha, no.

What was the whole human liberation front thing about anyway? I never watched enough episodes to find out, cuz gently caress anime.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the black husserl posted:

what are you going to do with your robot arms? tweet really fast? drink coconut water with extra vigor? what is the point

Even if you dodge cancer in that body part it will still get old. Your muscles will atrophy. Your bones will become brittle. You will wither.

The flesh is weak

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Ocean Book posted:

death is the chance to stop identifying your being with a tiny fraction of matter and become the whole universe again.

But you won't know it.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The only feasible way to live forever is to raise identical clones and create a religion based around yourself, and have each successive generation teach the next everything you know

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
So what if you gently caress a Sexbot and she gets pregnant? what do you get?

A new toaster?

On Mars, that's how we make televisions.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
Steven Wright once said:

"My goal in life is to live forever. So far, so good."

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Your robot arm won't let you throw cars, you would destroy your fleshy joints. If you want robot super powers you need to be an amputated torso in a car-sized robot.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

McDowell posted:

Your robot arm won't let you throw cars, you would destroy your fleshy joints. If you want robot super powers you need to be an amputated torso in a car-sized robot.

The problem I see with these prosthetics is they don't actually connect to the skeleton- you can't just drill out and thread a metal mounting rod into the old femur or humerus- because it creates an avenue for infection.

Solve that problem and you got something.

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

zimboe posted:

Steven Wright once said:

"My goal in life is to live forever. So far, so good."

That's a great goal because you won't have to live with your failure

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Bush sure did wonders for the prosthetics/orthotics industry but was prob still too oblivious to personally invest in it

should all be executed and dumped in unmarked graves like the last russian czar and his fam. holy poo poo were the '00s the worst decade.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 23, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
robbit stuffs

pic in the op, but moving

Activate masturbation protocols

its from a comedy show

drummer cyborg

I, uh :catstare:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zimboe posted:

The problem I see with these prosthetics is they don't actually connect to the skeleton- you can't just drill out and thread a metal mounting rod into the old femur or humerus- because it creates an avenue for infection.

Solve that problem and you got something.

Even if you could attach directly to the skeleton there would be limits as to how much force you could apply. And there's the question of powering the thing. To regain functions for amputees it is miraculous, but for superpowers you need to become robocop.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

The nozzle...

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the nozzle :staredog:

And whatever the gently caress this is

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JStnyjXTQA
mind controlled robo-leg.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

pics/gif/video or it didnt happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

http://www.ruv.is/frett/gervifotum-styrt-med-hugarafli

I tried out a related technology a few weeks back which is a computerized heel which moves like a real heel and detects the incline of the surface and your walk and adjusts itself according to those factors. It was a prototype so it was quite bulky and a bit buggy but still amazing future tech. I imagine the mind-control leg will be the more expensive model while the computerized one will be the "cheap" model.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 23, 2015

• Locked thread