Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

1. Search the room
  2. Head for the stairs
  3. Scout mountain around the burial room

What kind of cavern burial room doesn't have treasure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Orvin posted:

On a related note, has there been any indication if this will eventually result in a reward or penalty, in respect to mafia?

All we know:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

• There will be a significant CYOA portion to the game during events that take place during the day and the night. These events are available to all to participate in and any restrictions on them will be listed as they occur. There will be times when you will nominate a player for their participation during an event. This is done by ##nominate Player_Name. You can't change who you nominate so think about it!

I imagine this means there will be boons for grab but it could all be just a big side thing.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

uranus posted:

anyway we should probably kill someone since we're in the burial room. i suggest the glulag man because he doesnt seem to fit in with his future sword and space clothes ##vote gulag

What kind of alcoholic mercenary did we bring with us? He is obsessed with finding gold to get a drink, and when he fails to find any, wants to turn on another party member.

Is that your plan Uranus, kill gulag, take all his stuff, and hide his body in a grave here? Then ditch everyone to go back to the inn?

##vote Uranus

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

chaoslord posted:

All we know:

I imagine this means there will be boons for grab but it could all be just a big side thing.

Cool, I forgot about that part of the OP. Just kinda curious when coming from the Star Trek mafia game that just finished. That game had a little more immediate results.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm totally gonna pick pocket brawn before he goes away.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
A

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
ive got to kill someone or my sword hand will get weak

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lets gamble, i want more gold pieces. i bet it on the 'come' line. who has dice

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also who knows what a 'come line' is and what you need to role to win gold pieces

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

You want to gamble with a game where you don't know the rules? You might as well give away all your money.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Orvin posted:

You want to gamble with a game where you don't know the rules? You might as well give away all your money.

this guy is no fun, i'd be down to kill him instead of future sword man

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what kind of dnd players are you if you dont want to kill stuff gamble and get drunk come on!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
A: search the room

also

Orvin posted:

What kind of alcoholic mercenary did we bring with us? He is obsessed with finding gold to get a drink, and when he fails to find any, wants to turn on another party member.

Is that your plan Uranus, kill gulag, take all his stuff, and hide his body in a grave here? Then ditch everyone to go back to the inn?

##vote Uranus

reads really forced to me ##vote orvin

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gg what lvl adventurers are we?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

A search room. also derp is town. I'm starting to feel some merk fear

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I agree, search this room. A!

Also, that Orvin post was awkward as hell. ##vote Orvin

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

Gg what lvl adventurers are we?

You're like 8/20. You've made your way around more than one goblin den. Maybe even beheaded a few unruly children eating ogres.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Yeah the only alignment call Orvin has made is that super awkward vote on uranus yet he seems really into the setup spec poo poo.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

You're like 8/20. You've made your way around more than one goblin den. Maybe even beheaded a few unruly children eating ogres.

why would a child eat an ogre

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Samfucius posted:

I agree, search this room. A!

Also, that Orvin post was awkward as hell. ##vote Orvin

Too eager for my taste.

##vote Sam

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Look Under The Rock posted:

why would a child eat an ogre

There should be a grammatical insertion somewhere on there.

Children-eating ogres. Check!

Ogres eating children. Check!

Ogre-eating children X

eating ogre-children X

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote orvin ok

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we please hold off voting until the day events done?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Look Under The Rock posted:

Yeah the only alignment call Orvin has made is that super awkward vote on uranus yet he seems really into the setup spec poo poo.

I've made zero alignment calls.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no gently caress that

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
He's at -6, not exactly a crisis situation.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we have no idea how long these events are gonna go on for and then we're at 5 hours to deadline with nothing to go on

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

we have no idea how long these events are gonna go on for and then we're at 5 hours to deadline with nothing to go on

Deadline is in 3 days?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

they could go on for two 3/4 more days

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

they could go on for two 3/4 more days

Oh, sorry, misread. I thought you were saying the deadline was currently in 5 hours

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ughghg whats in the room already

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
where the gold at

i want the gold

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Just a clarification, each quest should only span like 24 hours real-time, maybe less. The night quests will generally be a bit shorter than the day ones.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also only one event per phase of day & night. So after this quest, until the day ends, no more adventuring. It's back to the tavern for mead.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm going to assume that you felt the need to put up a DM shield on your desk to hide your poo poo from us.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need to know whats in the room now, I can't stop thinking about this.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

I've made zero alignment calls.

Yeah and you didn't drop the most forced looking vote ever like whoa I've been focused on setup spec, someone's bound to call me out for not actually scumhunting uh uh let's go with this guy

Are you defending Orvin or do you think I should be casing you?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I agree with Somber though, Sam dropping a second vote on Orvin looks pretty bad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

I'm going to assume that you felt the need to put up a DM shield on your desk to hide your poo poo from us.

My work monitors make a decent screen to hide my die fudging and unbalanced encounters, but they don't hide my procrastination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i thought third vote was the scum vote

• Locked thread