Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Any predictions?

The previews look good. I haven't read anything published about it and I love the original.

What do you think the outcome of my foray into the real world will be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
More gay than ever

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TOMATOMETER
37%
Average Rating: 4.9/10
Reviews Counted: 65
Fresh: 24
Rotten: 41

Critics Consensus: Paying competent homage without adding anything of real value to the original Poltergeist, this remake proves just as ephemeral (but half as haunting) as its titular spirit.
AUDIENCE SCORE
42%
liked it
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 25,054

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I was gonna take my grandmother because she likes scary movies but she saw a preview and thought it looked too scary.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I have a feeling it's going to be exactly as I imagined: not really great, and having lost all sense of what made the first one good.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
vendaghost

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wicker Man posted:

I have a feeling it's going to be exactly as I imagined: not really great, and having lost all sense of what made the first one good.

Real skeletons in the swimming pool

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Gonna be greatest film ever and if it's anything less will be sorely disappointed

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
A remake? Pshaw. Call me when we get a prequel

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i don't really like scary movies because they are scary. why would you want to be scared

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It was pretty mediocre OP. I thought it was okay, but man it's hard to avoid how dumb everyone is in this film.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Oh no something bad is happening to those middle class white homeowners isn't this the one and only situation where the police are supposed to help?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its pretty spooky so be careful op :hb:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I read it's p bad

it relies on jump scares to bring the "horror"

the original is better so watch the bluray of it instead

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
realtalk: if you watch horror movies and they seriously scare you, and you're like older than eight - you're a loving pantywaist and need to stick to anime and modern family

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I predict a stupid human being will be too loud in the drat theater.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Dave_Indeed posted:

I predict a stupid human being will be too loud in the drat theater.

the human being will be the sony soundsystem turned up to two airliners' worth of decibles that'll blare every time a sudden movement happens on screen

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Back!

It was actually pretty good. Not like the greatest poo poo ever or anything. It was entertaining and some of the scenes gave me chills. I do miss some of the buildup from the original, as this is made for a younger audience. For what it was though, very enjoyable.

That loving clown. That motherfucking clown is still creepy as gently caress!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Back!

It was actually pretty good. Not like the greatest poo poo ever or anything. It was entertaining and some of the scenes gave me chills. I do miss some of the buildup from the original, as this is made for a younger audience. For what it was though, very enjoyable.

That loving clown. That motherfucking clown is still creepy as gently caress!

Did you get popcorn/any snacks? Is there a pool in this one?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I.C. posted:

Did you get popcorn/any snacks? Is there a pool in this one?

No pool, but they do send a drone into the afterlife!

Just got a Coke zero, with a little cherry coke mixed in. I paid for sugar water. :buddy:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

No pool, but they do send a drone into the afterlife!

Just got a Coke zero, with a little cherry coke mixed in. I paid for sugar water. :buddy:

A DRONE? Whaaaaaaaaat?? Like the flying ones? Goodness gracious...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A little too heavy on the CGI and jump scares. I also feel there was a lot of potential left out with the whole tech crew in the living room. That was my favorite scene in the original movie.

The pacing seemed kind of rushed, I actually heard someone go "Already?" when the first weird poo poo started happening within like 10 minutes.

Spirit world was kind of neat in concept, but it felt kinda...lazy? In terms of creativity.

• Locked thread