Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gout sucks. Post about it here and I will send you posi vibes.

quote:

Gout (also known as podagra when it involves the big toe)[3] is a medical condition usually characterized by recurrent attacks of acute inflammatory arthritis—a red, tender, hot, swollen joint. The metatarsal-phalangeal joint at the base of the big toe is the most commonly affected (approximately 50% of cases). It may also present as tophi, kidney stones, or urate nephropathy. It is caused by elevated levels of uric acid in the blood. The uric acid crystallizes, and the crystals deposit in joints, tendons, and surrounding tissues.

Clinical diagnosis may be confirmed by seeing the characteristic crystals in joint fluid. Treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), steroids, or colchicine improves symptoms. Once the acute attack subsides, levels of uric acid are usually lowered via lifestyle changes, and in those with frequent attacks, allopurinol or probenecid provides long-term prevention.

Gout has become more common in recent decades, affecting about 1 to 2% of the Western population at some point in their lives. The increase is believed to be due to increasing risk factors in the population, such as metabolic syndrome, longer life expectancy, and changes in diet. Gout was historically known as "the disease of kings" or "rich man's disease."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
thanks OP, voted 5

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Congratulations on having a medieval disease. You'll be complaining about your dropsy and gall stones next.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fetus Tree posted:

thanks OP, voted 5

peace and love peace and love

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ddraig posted:

Congratulations on having a medieval disease. You'll be complaining about your dropsy and gall stones next.

you know what else is medieval? aids. and you got it boyo.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

op are you bobby hill

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Ddraig posted:

too much black bile :(

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

my roommate had gout once. thats my gout story

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That old woman living down the road looked at me funny and now I've got Scrofula, fml.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ddraig posted:

That old woman living down the road looked at me funny and now I've got Scrofula, fml.

I kicked a midget the other night and now I have scurvy :(

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

haljordan posted:

I kicked a midget the other night and now I have scurvy :(

im sending out posi vibes to you bro

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what does that poo poo feel like on an average flair up day, how much does it impact ur life?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I'll bring 5 guys burgers and fries to the next support group meeting!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
My brother in law's dad has gout. That's all I know about gout.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I've had patients with gout. They were human garbage and we threw them in the appropriate medical waste container.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
lol, just lol if you haven't gone on disability for gout

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
RIP The Great Khan

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I can't think of any reason you would ever get gout in the developed world unless you're a fat piece of poo poo that has absolutely no self control. You're literally a piss-filled babby. Sorry, OP, but you need to know.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

:froggout:

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Can you get rid of gout by not eating horrible food anymore, or are you stuck with it for life now?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ddraig posted:

I can't think of any reason you would ever get gout in the developed world unless you're a fat piece of poo poo that has absolutely no self control. You're literally a piss-filled babby. Sorry, OP, but you need to know.

i dont have gout i just want to provide a loving atmosphere for those afflicted with it to give them strength

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

one of my managers had gout a couple months ago

we all made fun of him

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I have gout flare-ups when I work, instead of sitting on my rear end.

and winter. and after heavy drinking.

have considered using a needle used for refilling ink cartridges, sticking it into my foot and sucking out those crystals.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ddraig posted:

Medieval diseases are just diseases for alcoholics these days

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The greatest drug free high you can get is having your knee drained after a week of swelling. The sudden removal of pain is elating; there should be a knee-drain fetish community.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That king of the hill episode was pretty funny -- dahnghit bohbby!!!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
fix your diet please. :ohdear:

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
One time a couple years ago my toe was fuckin' killing me and I could barely walk so I went to the doctor. He was like, "I think you got gout, man, stop eating so many wieners and Italian sandwiches". So I did and now I can walk like a normal person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

enziarro posted:

One time a couple years ago my toe was fuckin' killing me and I could barely walk so I went to the doctor. He was like, "I think you got gout, man, stop eating so many wieners and Italian sandwiches". So I did and now I can walk like a normal person.

Me too only instead of wieners and sammiches it was booze so here I am today with a burning toe

• Locked thread