Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

I pay for this server. I pay for this bandwidth. I am tired of having to fork over half my paycheck from my full-time job just so people can use my forums and read my site for free. This is not an intelligent business equation for me. I have no problem giving people free services as long as I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE LUXURY OF PROVIDING SOMETHING TO YOU FOR FREE. You may not understand this idea. You may be outraged at me trying to keep from going broke by running a free site. I don't care what people like you think since you apparently live in some imaginary world where fairies and elves dance under licorice trees and the family dog that you have sex with every day is actually a beautiful princess who doesn't try to chew off your penis. Good for you, drop me an email when you have a real job and run a website that serves over 110 gigs of traffic a day and over 720,000 pages daily. Until then, go back to playing games all day, gossiping on IRC, and continuing to fester delusions regarding how the real world operates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

These forums are not sponsored by the government; I have to pay for the bandwidth out of my own pocket. If you're some retarded 14-year old who still lives with his parents and spends all day using their Internet connection to post to Unreal Tournament forums and talk about how when you get older you're going to join the SWAT Team and shoot terrorists, you probably won't understand this concept and probably have significant difficulties with basic reading comprehension.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm a "g"

Whatup

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

The "g" actually stands for gay.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
gay gigs

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Now I'm sure some of you more mentally challenged individuals out there may be whining, "But Rich 'Lowtax' Kyanka, you're a stupid moron fag! Why should I have to pay to post on your forums? I can post on other forums for free!" You don't have to post here. Nobody is forcing you. If you don't want an account, don't pay me. However, SA is serving over 110 gigs a day. 110 gigs. With a "g." These forums are not sponsored by the government; I have to pay for the bandwidth out of my own pocket. If you're some retarded 14-year old who still lives with his parents and spends all day using their Internet connection to post to Unreal Tournament forums and talk about how when you get older you're going to join the SWAT Team and shoot terrorists, you probably won't understand this concept and probably have significant difficulties with basic reading comprehension.

I pay for this server. I pay for this bandwidth. I am tired of having to fork over half my paycheck from my full-time job just so people can use my forums and read my site for free. This is not an intelligent business equation for me. I have no problem giving people free services as long as I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE LUXURY OF PROVIDING SOMETHING TO YOU FOR FREE. You may not understand this idea. You may be outraged at me trying to keep from going broke by running a free site. I don't care what people like you think since you apparently live in some imaginary world where fairies and elves dance under licorice trees and the family dog that you have sex with every day is actually a beautiful princess who doesn't try to chew off your penis. Good for you, drop me an email when you have a real job and run a website that serves over 110 gigs of traffic a day and over 720,000 pages daily. Until then, go back to playing games all day, gossiping on IRC, and continuing to fester delusions regarding how the real world operates.

In conclusion, users may now purchase a SA forum account for $9.95.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Gigs gay, so what

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
Thank you for your service to our nation senior lowtax

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
the real genius was letting mad people pay :10bux: to change someone else's avatar

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
110 pigs

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

:eyepop: SA forums accounts are a solid investment

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'd be suprised if it did 11 gigs now

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

the real genius was letting mad people pay :10bux: to change someone else's avatar

just imagine the cash Lowtax would see if we could buy probates

psyopmonkey alone would pay for a brand new car

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Relin posted:

i'd be suprised if it did 1.1 gigs now

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I get the reference

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
its not even throwback thursday

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

how much would 3 terrabytes/mo cost at that time?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

...and the silver lining is that it only costs half of that to change it back.

gently caress you, haters!

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Is it time for my creepy fetish forum's bi-annual donation drive, already? Can't I just trade fanfics and crude pencil sketches in peace?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Would pay $1 to gas this thread

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Faustus posted:

...and the silver lining is that it only costs half of that to change it back.

gently caress you, haters!

are you unclear on the concept of 'asking for it'

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Ads!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Holy poo poo, and I thought one gigs was bad enough.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

gannyGrabber posted:

Would pay $1 to gas this thread

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
$1 per page to gas a thread. Lowtax would be able to buy an island.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Oh poo poo, I need to see if there's a market for older reg dates. That's a solid $3.29 profit.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Oh poo poo, I need to see if there's a market for older reg dates. That's a solid $3.29 profit.

Buy low sell high is my motto, the best time to buy new accounts is now IMO.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

when this forum hits 88 gigabits you festering dog loving 14 year olds are going to see some serious poo poo

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Mandator posted:

Have you considered crying about it

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Serious question has anybody ever figured out if this site is profitable or something.

I always wondered if it breaks even or what.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Son of Rodney posted:

Serious question has anybody ever figured out if this site is profitable or something.

Its not. Lowtax couldnt even pay for Smorkys sexchange fully.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Verily I Shat posted:

Its not. Lowtax couldnt even pay for Smorkys sexchange fully.

does lowtax even have a job?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
shut 'er down then?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Son of Rodney posted:

the forum used to make a lot of money, now it makes some money

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
does richard lowtax guy have an actual real job or is he coasting on our dollars

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

does richard lowtax guy have an actual real job or is he coasting on our dollars

We will never know unless he posts himself.

Continue the summoning ritual.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's spelled with a 'g' but it's pronounces with a 'j'

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
lowtax actually lives in crushing poverty,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

• Locked thread