Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

"Ooh very official. Well then Mr. Cassini us concerned citizens would be happy to lend you a hand."
Daria strides for the cave, then presses herself against a wall and looks in.
"But its almost certainly the Lady. Follow my lead, lets try to get the drop on whoever is inside."
And without another word, Daria presses on.

Dex + Poacher: 1d20+10 16 sneak sneak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

"I recognize these robes.", Do says kneeling down the the fallen monk.

Do kneels down and takes his praying beads from within his robe. "Each of these beads on the praying beads depicts each of the core foods from the ancient food pyramid.", Do points to one of the biggest bead on the praying bead, "This bead represents the grain, which is the most essential food for anyone's diet that is why it's the biggest bead on the praying beads." After briefly explaining the rest of the beads he starts to pray to the fallen monk. Do chants a few mantra in a foreign tongue.

When he is done he slowly bows to the fallen monk and stands back up, "I agree with Daria lets find culprit."

Stealthy Monk: 1d20+4 20

onepiecekenny fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 27, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
With Alessandro in tow, you sneak over the threshold and into the cave. The Spillwine burbles along next to you, perfectly placid in contrast to the wreckage and ruin that unfolds in front of you. What was apparently once a very sizable monastery has been torn to pieces, and here and there you see more still forms in those ostentatious blue robes.

Until, abruptly, the devastation stops. You can’t see any sign of why, but it probably has something to do with the chef’s duel up ahead—which, just as the Spillwine begins to widen and pool ahead of you, stops. Utter silence fills the cavern. You hurry along, and abruptly what was a tunnel broadens into a vast chamber, deep under the rock of the Giantwalk. Houses and chambers adorn the sides of the cavern.

In the middle of the chamber, a vast pool sits, and on top of it an island with a dias, channels running away from it down to the water. And all around the pool is a crowd, utterly silent. On one side, a vast throng of what are clearly orcs—the pasty, puffy, almost half-baked minions of the Orc Lady. It’s hard to pick out particulars in the group at about five hundred feet, but you can definitely see a number of Three-Minute Chefs up near the front, carrying their distinctive white boxes. On the other side, a much-reduced group of humans, elves, and occasional members of other species, all clad in the blue flowing robes of the monastery. All are looking intently at the central island.

On the island, a Michelin Man is standing in front of the central dias, plates out, clearly in the middle of tasting. In front of him, where the prize of a chef’s duel traditionally sits, is a pitcher filled with water.

Tables have been spread out and ovens lugged onto the island, to assemble something resembling a proper kitchen arena. On one side, waiting, is a very old elf in plain blue robes, who you guess is probably the grandmaster of this monastery. On the other side, well… there’s no need to guess.

Her hair is bound back, and she’s wearing simple black under a white apron, but there is no mistaking that face. Sandra Lee, the Orc Lady herself, stands smiling patiently, watching the Michelin Man test and judge.

Everyone is watching the Michelin Man. Nobody seems to have noticed any of you, and the air in the cavern is so intense you could cut it with a knife.

Daria and Do can move around and act completely freely, unless you try to move onto the island or something. Anyone else who wants to make a stealth check can also move around unnoticed. You can NOT make the check, but it's not clear what will happen if you get seen.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

"Oh balls." Daria mutters.
Something rough was going down, but with so many 3 minute chefs starting something was out of the question. And a Michelin Man as well! Daria edged around the spectators, looking for a good spot to get a view of the central island.

In particular, she looked at the dishes to be judged. Professional curiosity, you know.

Ingredient Appraisal + Int: 1d20+9 18
What's cooking?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Daria manages to get in among the blue-robed spectators; while she's fairly obviously not garbed as they are, if anyone actually notices, they don't seem to say anything.

The theme of the whole place is water, of course, so it looks like both chefs have opted for a soup course with accompaniment. The grand master's appears to be a kind of pho; very thin, with many noodles and herbs but intensely aromatic. That's definitely a plate of hành dấm onions next to it. The Orc Lady appears to have gone for a more traditional North Empire fish soup, considerably thicker and with a cream edge to the base, with... oh, dear, that's definitely bread next to it, and it looks fresh-baked. It's hard to tell what the core ingredient is at this distance, but it's probably something you can catch in the Spillwine--some kind of white fish to substitute for the normal ocean-based ingredients such as haddock.

You're legitimately unsure as to which of these you'd pick, if you had to pick one to pinch in a pinch.

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

Do follows Daria through the blue-robed spectators. Do leans over and whispers to Daria, "Do you see anything suspicious, evidence shes been tainting the surrounding lands?"

Do looks around himself, examining Sandra Lee and her followers.

Looking around (Wisdom): 1d20+3 16

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Lieb'freid.

Leib'fried steps behind everyone else who is sneaking and whispering, and no one seems to notice. Then Leibfried sees the woman in the middle, the orc lady herself! He quickly draws his weapons and booms, making the others in front of him (and likely the blue cloaks around him) jump. "ORC LADY! I CHALLENGE YOU, BY BOND OF HONOR TO A DUEL!"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

"I'm more interested in that jug of water." Daria whispers back. Then Lieb'Freid puts his foot in it.

Still, it was an effective distraction. Daria sidles up to one of the blue robed people and whispers.
"Hey, keep it quiet. And sorry about your friends. But what's happened to the water here? And what's special about the big pitcher over there?"

Cha + Sell the Experience: 1d20+8 25 chat chat

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Lieb'fried's challenge certainly makes heads turn. Every eye in the room is abruptly upon him, with the exception of the Michelin Man, who remains focused on his work. The monks gape. The reaction among the orcs is mixed--derision, amazement, scorn--but you've definitely made an impression. The grandmaster... it's hard to say what he's thinking. He's clearly been interrupted in what is the most important moment of his career, but you can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing to him.

The Orc Lady appears surprised, at first--but only for a minute. Then that smile returns to her face--but harder, with something set behind it. "Ah. A challenge!" She gestures to the Michelin Man. "Can it wait for the current contest to resolve, at the least?"

= = =

The monks next to Daria notice her just about at the same time as Lieb'fried makes his big shout. They put two and two together pretty quickly for hermits, and one of them--an elf, by the look of him--gives a grim nod. "Indeed. As for the water..." He gestures to the central isle. "We have been fending off the Orc Lady's minions for a while. They have been fouling the stream, interfering with our ritual, melting the ice early. Anything to weaken our resolve. Now, this. She comes directly for the Ewer." One of his companions jabs him in the ribs, and he gives the man a defeated look before returning his gaze to you. "The Ewer of Endless Water."

Have you heard of that, before? Have any of you?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Lieb'freid.

Leib'fried nods sternly. He sheathees his wepaons, and crosses his arms. "I have waited this many years, I can wait a mere minutes more."

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

Do turns to look at Lieb'freid as his sudden outburst dies down. He turns to Daria, "I have heard of the Ewer of Endless Water and its exactly as the name states it. Ewer that has the ever ending supply of pure water. Whatever dish you create using the Ewers water enhances the taste and aroma of the dish. Naturally the guardians of environmental water are the ones who protect environmental waters protects the Ewer as well. I never imagined the Ewer to be here."

He whispers to Daria and rest of the party. "We cannot let the Orc Queen have the Ewer. She already has tainted these lands streams and she would do the same to the Ewer itself. Most likely what would happen is that she would put the WHOLE Ewer inside her white box and heat it up for 1 minutes just so she can pour the kinda lukewarm water into a cup noodle. That is insult to Guardians of the water. I am going to support you Lieb'freid. I have my own agenda with the orc lady."

(Not sure if you wanted us to make something up, heres a roll to)

Info on Ewer Naked Cook (monk background) 5 + -1 Int: 1d20+5-1 22

onepiecekenny fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 2, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

(Makin' up is just rad!)

The Orc Lady nods, though you're not totally sure of the emotion behind it. Some of the orcs sidle over, clearing a path down to the water's edge for Lieb'fried in preparation. The Michelin Man hasn't batted an eye, and is busily finishing up.

The monk nods, impressed. He gives a little more detail--the Ewer was forged by a past Emperor, though they don't know which one, in cooperation with the Dwarf King. It has rested here since the start of the Twelfth Course to be guarded by the Order of the Life-Giving Rivers, formerly of the Fingers but removed here in the Sixth Age after that nasty business with, y'know, the corruption and the marshlands and they'll get the Fangs back some day. The Spillwine has always been a sweet river, hence the name (and the fondness of the rich to build around it), but the Ewer has apparently helped cement its position--and thus bind the Empire together, since building a road over another Fangs-style river would be impossible.

As to why the Orc Lady wants it, he shrugs. "Your guess is as good as mine. The Grandmaster may know more, but she hasn't exactly said."

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 8, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

A ringing fills the chamber--the sound of a spoon on glass. The Michelin Man is tapping his soup spoon on the Ewer, which makes a few of the monks wince, but most of them seem to assume he knows what he's doing. "The judging is complete." He turns first to the Grandmaster, giving him a quick nod. "Astutely assembled, excellent use of local materials and very flavorful. Perhaps a tad short on substance--" some winces, and hooting from the orcs-- "but definitely filling, savory, not at all disappointing." Then he turns to the Orc Lady. "Very rich, with exceptional flavor and a solid combination of local ingredients with more exotic importation. Use of pre-prepared ingredients was worrying, but you've managed to combine them well with the fresh and produce something sensational." She gives him a winning smile. He might as well be looking at empty air, for all he reacts, but such is the way of the impartial judge.

The Michelin Man turns back towards the Ewer, looking into its waters as though he's trying to read the future in the still surface of the jug. "A difficult competition, certainly. A worthy contest, for such a worthy prize. But there can be only one winner." With a sinking feeling, you watch as he stands, and bows to his left, one hand folded to his chest. "The competition, and the Ewer of Endless Water, goes to Chef Lee."

Now the orcs do offer a mighty cheer. It fills the sacred space like a death knell.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria curses inwardly. I mean, she has expected this to happen, but that doesn't mean she likes it.
Still, she decides to remain quiet. Lieb'freid had his challenge, maybe they could win the ever that way? But then... beating a cooking icon seemed impossible.

Daria decides to remain quiet. If things went poorly, well, she could always just steal it.

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

Do has a intense look as he expected Orc Lady was going to win. He shakes his head a bit and whispers to the group, "Daria I know your skills and I bet you already thinking about this but when things goes south get the Ewer back."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

The Orc Lady, for her part, offers much more subdued glee to her compatriots, nodding to her counterpart as the Michelin Man picks up the Ewer. "It was never in doubt. But it was a valiant effort, nevertheless."

The Grandmaster looks about as happy as he can, under the circumstances. He sighs, though only Daria is close enough and sharp-eared enough to hear him, or her response. "You will keep your end of the deal, then?"

She nods. "I am not dishonorable. You and what remains of your little club can go freely. I would recommend you do."

The Michelin Man carries the Ewer over, and she gestures to a big Orc at her side, painted entirely black with thin white horizontal stripes. He takes the Ewer with surprising delicacy, as Lee sweeps up a ladle and a knife from the table, returning to the edge of the island. "Well, then! Just as quickly as one contest starts, another begins!" She gestures to Lieb'fried with the ladle, and all eyes are on him. "You are the challenger, of course. What sort of contest strikes your fancy?" She's clearly completely confident she can handle whatever you throw at her.

The sneaky crew can effectively move around unimpeded with attention drawn like this, up to the point of like openly crawling in between this building confrontation or something similarly noticeable.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Lieb'freid.

Leib'fried says "I am a cook, but also a warrior. I'm not just looking for beating you in some simple challenge, I am out for blood. I remember all those years as your slave."

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

Do did not like how the Orc Lady had advantage in numbers, so even if she lost the cook off she would of just taken the Ewer and done same thing to these monks as the dead monk outside.

Do whispers to the group, "I can maybe cause distraction and take out some Three-Minute Chefs by dropping stalagmite?", he asks the group.

(So does Orc lady have a army in there?)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

(Not quite an army, but maybe a hundred and fifty guys. The monks have about thirty left, or so.)

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
(We doing this stealthfully? or going with a bang?)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria nods. It was something. Why couldn't she just take the Ewer? Why was it necessary to have this competition... Unless the Grandmaster challenged her?
Daria whispers back to Do. "I'm gonna go on a hunch, I think she's too proud to not take Lieb'Freid's challenge, whether it be a fight or a cook-off. But... well, nothing against you guys, but its the Orc Lady. Best offer is the big shouty ogre and some of us take part in this challenge. And the rest of make ready to steal the Ewer and get the remaining monks out of here."

She shakes her arms and limbers up a little.
"Tell you what, if we do this, we'll be in the history books. Don't think it'll go with the Garula though. That'll want a heavier sauce. Worcestershire, maybe."

She continues to hide among the monks and wait for the Orc Lady's reply.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Lee's face falls. "Blood? Really?" She shakes her head. "We are chefs, no? We should be more civilized than this. We don't fight with armies clashing, or swords and scars." She turns, gesturing to the crowd. "The battlefield is the countertop! The weapon is the knife, and the fork! (Though I see you understand that perfectly well.)" Somehow the whole room can hear her sotto voce. "The beautiful warfare of cooking is that which I mean to bring to every town, every house, every person in this wasted, blasted Empire! This will be my Age!"

The orcs cheer, and even a few of the monks nod their heads. There is a truth there, and it disturbs you to hear it coming from her mouth. The Orc Lady then turns back, something different in her face. "But, no, cooking is not my only skill. A thousand thanks to the Elf King!" The orcs snarl at the bitter sarcasm in her voice. "It won't make me happy, though I doubt you care, but if blood you want..."

She LEAPS, and clears thirty feet of water in a single bound, landing on the near shore. "Blood I will give you." She looks up. Her smile is gone. "Take the first step."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria smirks. "That's my cue."
With all eyes focused on the far shore confrontation between the Orc Lady and Lieb'Freid, it was the perfect time to make a move. Daria careful lowers herself into the water, goes under, and pushes off towards the central island. When she's there, she carefully, carefully surfaces nearby. This close to land she should be okay to wait for a little while. For one thing, they're going to need an exit if she wasn't going to get cooked by those white boxes.

Dex + Poacher: 1d20+4+5+1 18 swim sneak

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

Before Daria he tells Daria, "I will go to the ceiling of the cavern to cause enough of distraction to Three Minute Chiefs to make our escape. Give me a signal when you are ready." Do will climbs and leaps against the cavern walls to reach the stalagmite to drop on the Orcs when Daria is ready.

(Welp wonder if I can just get to top of the cavern by using my monk leap. Also this includes Im sneaking to haha.)

Leap and Climb Check (Str+Naked Monk): 1d20+3+5 9

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Lieb'freid
"You misunderstand me, mad'am. When I speak of being a chef and blood, I do not mean merely a crude contest of strength. I am invoking what some call zhǎng chú kune do. Do you accept this challenge?"

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 15, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Ahh." There is a strange mix of emotions in the Orc Lady's eyes, as she straightens up--respect, intrigue... but also disappointment? And scorn. "The god of cooking. Or so the Elves call Iron Chef." It is at this point that you remember the... bad, let's say, relationship between her and the Elf King. Nevertheless, she puts the ladle away. "I do accept. It is quite the acceptable challenge."

A crackle of air causes heads to turn towards the island--the Michelin Man has apparently finished up, and departed in the mysterious manner that they do. Lee hisses in frustration, calling over the striped orc and conversing with him in fast, heated Orcish. The Ewer remains surrounded by several Three-Minute Chefs, but is now out of his hands and on one of the cooking stations set up on the island.

The intensity is broken by a thin, powerful voice, one you haven't heard yet--it fills the entire cavern. "Ah, madam. With the Michelin Man gone, I do believe you are the most senior chef remaining in the area." The Grandmaster of Rivers steps down to the edge of the island, a placid look on his face. "By rites of hors de cuisine established in time immemorial, then, that means you must recuse yourself for purposes of judging." Daria, under the bridge near him, can get a better look at his face. There's a very self-satisfied look in his eyes.

The Orc Lady looks fit to spit at the man, but she knows the custom as well as any. She nods. "Very well, then. I name Mr. Cuisinart as my replacement." The black and white orc nods, grabbing two chefs out of the crowd to serve as assistants. She turns back to Lieb'fried, face sour. "You may choose your assistants and your station. They should be readily prepared. Once you are ready, I shall name the mystery ingredient." With that, she walks back to the island, taking up a seat where the Michelin Man was sitting before.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Lieb'freid.

((zhǎng chú kune do translates roughly to "cooking hand way", though "iron chef" or "god of cooking" works as a name of the formal duel in this martial art form. ))

Leib'fried doesn't look too happy at the idea of her naming her reprentative and being judge. "I expect with no doubt, of course that you will judge fairly." He says this as a definite question.

Leib'fried turns to the others (who aren't off sneaking). "Are you in for this challange? Let's get to work." he says, with a confident grin.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Allesandro Caccini

A light thump rings out as Allesandro discards his jacket and begins to roll up his sleeves. "I cannot represent the Horizon Test Kitchen in this duel. Nor do I wish to. This is a matter of personal philosophy." He strides confidently next to Lieb'fried. "If you'll have me, I'd be honored to be your sous chef today. The Orc Lady believes that she will make cuisine available to all under her iron fist." Allesandro draws his knife. The carefully maintained blade is slowly wiped with a kerchief. "It is the greatest delusion. Cuisine is already here, now, for everyone. Let's show them the immediacy of your cooking!"

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Which is about the point when something... loud, comes from above.

Do's climbing skills were fairly successful, and the scene below loud enough that he managed to get up there without being noticed. Unfortunately, geology isn't Do's specialty, and as he plants his foot on a ridge of a stalactite, it crumbles. He reaches out, trying to grab something to slow his fall, and manages to snag one of the blue banners detailing a river around the Midland Sea.

Doubly unfortunately, it is anchored with just as little skill in geology.

The orc crowd is rudely interrupted as a blue and orange bundle crashes onto the head of one of the taller commanders, and goes rolling down to the cleared space at the edge of the water. Do springs to his feet, head and upper body bundled in the tattered remains of the river-banner, which trails out behind him like a cape.

Being stealthy: very thoroughly failed. However...

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 17, 2015

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

Do acts as if he did not just fall from the cavern ceiling right on top of one of the orc commanders. As soon as he spring up, he grabs the blue and orange torn banner and swirls his body around tightening the banner around his body so it wouldn't fall off. Even though his face his covered, there is a conveniently torn slit on his impromptu mask to see.

He points to Lieb'freid, "Señor! My name is El Cocinero Misteri! I have smelt the aroma of a challenge and came here. I would like to volunteer to join your side in this battle!", he shouts in a awful accent.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria struggles internally whether to burst out laughing or bury her face in her hands. She settles for using the bridge and pulling herself out of the water before she catches a cold.
First though, a quick check of supplies. A little waterproof sack held all the important spices a traveling chef needs. Salt, some pepper, a few dry leaves of basil she picked up... A bit of any of these could turn a fragrant delicacy into a mess. That and some cold river water, if needed.

Daria normally didn't like messing with other chefs. She liked enriching others and winning through real culinary skill. But frankly, gently caress the Orc Lady.

There is one thing though... Daria sneaks back across the water and whispers to the monks.
"Psst, hey, anyone got a glass pitcher that looks like the Ewer? Just, you know, just in case."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

The monks look confused at the request--not exactly criminal minds, these. The one you were talking to before nods, however. "Not offhand. We can check, however. We've been here a long time, there may be some replicas around."

He and a few of the other monks peel away from the group, unnoticed in the commotion.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

There are many names for and as many variants of the traditional chef's combat, as opposed to a more straight-up contest of cooking skill. At its core, though, all work off a simple four-step process: Ingredients, Preparation, Cooking, and Presentation.

= = =

It takes a short while for the ingredients to be assembled and arrayed on the table in between the cooking stations. You have arranged at one; the orcs gravitated towards the other, where the Ewer currently sits.

Lee offers a nod, raising her voice. "This is a competition between Chef Lieb'fried and Chef de Cuisinart, standing in for Chef Lee of the Orcs. Prizes are to be determined, within reason. Time limitation is fast. Chefs may use any ingredients present to construct a dish to present for judging, ideally to adhere to the theme."

Lee's theme is notorious: "70% Prepackaged". Cuisinart nods in the pause, gesturing to the Ewer sitting on his table. "We won the Ewer.Can it be used?"

"I did say any ingredients present." Cuisinart cackles; Lee is all focus. "Two courses will be made; one standard, one main." She nods at a pair of covered platters. "And, of course. The secret ingredient is..."

Two orcs in full coats lift the platters, revealing perfect, golden-brown birds. Lee does smile, now. "Cooked chicken. Something simple." She raises a hand. "BEGIN!"

= = =

This is a cross between traditional combat and the skill challenge system. You have five rounds.

Your kitchen, the central tables, and the Orcs' kitchen are each considered a zone. Moving to and from each one takes an action.

We start with Ingredients. You need to get two ingredients (for this contest) back to your zone, but the other team will be fighting you for the choiciest picks. Until you get them back, you can't start prepping. You should all roll Initiative, including Daria. Daria isn't allowed to actually cook, having not been picked, but so long as she stays unseen (at least by the judge, the audience doesn't get a say by ancient tradition) she can move around and :sabotage: at will. You do also need to decide on a dish, of course!

Let's go! Post your init.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Lieb'freid

"Alright, let's destroy them."

Initiative: 1d20+5 6

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria puts her sack of spices in an easy to reach area. This was going to be interesting.

Intiative: 1d20+5 14

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

"Let the first round begin.", says El Cocinero Misteri.

Init: 1d20+5 12

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Allesandro Caccini

"Allez Cuisine." Allesandro pushes up his glasses, his expression hardening.

Initiative: 1d20+4 14

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Initiative: Mr. Cuisinart: 1d20+2 17
Initiative: 1d20+5 9

Cuisinart cracks his neck back and forth, and dashes at the chickens, paring knives flashing! Choice cutlets and limbs go flying, landing beautifully on a plate he tosses onto the table! The big man's going all out!

Move to the Table Zone!
Dice Dice Baby!: 1d20+5 25

= = =
The ingredients table is stocked with a wide variety of materials, including the Special Ingredient--in this case cooked chicken! Whatever else you need may be considered to be "at hand" on the tables. Cuisinart's blistering crit out the gate has allowed him to gain the +1 special ingredient already--he's secured the cream of the crop! However, it's still in the zone with him--you can try to get it away from him before he passes it off to his assistants or simply go for what's there.

You need at least 1 of the Special Ingredient as well as whatever else you need for your chosen recipe--moving ingredients back to your zone takes a move action, whether you're throwing them back to someone already there or running them back yourself. In this case there's plenty to go around--there may not always be!

= = =
Ingredient: Pre-Cooked Chicken
1 x +1 - Mr. Cuisinart
1 x +0
2 x -1
2 x -3
2 x -5

INITIATIVE, ROUND 1

Mr. Cuisinart

>Allesandro Caccini
(Daria Damsel)
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts
Orc Sous and Orc Brigadier
Lieb'fried

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 26, 2015

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Allesandro Caccini

Caccini watches as the Orc chef lays into the precooked poultry. "I must thank you," he quips while dashing into the central area with a careful grace. "I was worried I would dirty my knives on such....vulgar ingredients." He alights across the table from Mr. Cuisinart. "But there's no pride in this contest. So I'll be taking this." He didn't secure his plate, a note of either overconfidence or underexperience. Allesandro had learned quickly and painfully that lesson early in his career with the Horizon Test Kitchen, his superiors making sure any mistake was met with immediate sharp correction. Scooping up the plate and handing it off, a maneuver requiring quick hands and a quick partner. He dove in.

Taking The Plate (Dex + Veteran of the HTK): 1d20+6 21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

Cloth Masked Man sprints forward towards Allesandro. Right before the Do reaches him he spins 180 degrees and kick plate of chicken up and forwards towards himself out of Allesandro's hand.
The plate lands on top of his head and he starts to sprint back towards there kitchen.

Balancing that plate while sprinting forward (Naked Cook? + Dex): 1d20+5+4 18

• Locked thread