Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Latest feature

You can now paste images (via right click) directly into the reply box and they will be uploaded to Imgur and then the link (wrapped in IMG tags) will be pasted in the reply box at the cursor location.

Also you can drag images from your comp right into the post box to do the same thing.

http://a.pomf.se/tuqikc.webm

Get it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sa-needful/bipfbhacdgoojjfblifgjadhabepbekm

Works in
Chrome
Opera*

*Opera is now so similar to Chrome that it can install Chrome extensions directly from the Chrome Web Store link that I posted above, but first you must add this Opera extension and then visit the Chrome store page for SA Needful

Other features
• Embed Tweets
• Embed Vines
• Embed webm video
• Highlights posts you are quoted in, works in YOSPOS too
• Old style breadcrumbs
• Can colapse and expand forum categories in the main forum listing index
• Add specific forums to your favourites, and they appear at the top of the forum listing
• Bold your username if it appears in posts

Unfinished and useless stuff
• the lazy loading of images
• snyping
• can switch on the option to show/hide avatars by clicking anywhere in the avatar area
• add a Tweet This button to your posts, to Tweet out your posts. Really slows down the page if you have lots of posts on it
• word filters
• alternate layout for the forum listing

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The other thread got archived and I have time to work on this again so here we go. Please report bugs and I'll fix them

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
thanks valyeyard, this will totally optimize my forums posting workflows and pipelines

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
somebody in yospos made something vaguely useful...

...you are not one of us :colbert:

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i remember the do the needful meme. good poo poo, OP

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
good poo poo op

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
also OP please "do the needful" ;) and change your av because whenever i see it im anticipating a funny post to its right

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

can I get it as a greasemonkey script

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Silver Alicorn posted:

can I get it as a greasemonkey script

It exists as an extension so that people can turn features on/off as they like, which I can't really do in a userscript. But sure, I can clean it up and deliver it as a userscript with just the good and useful stuff on

newreply.php posted:

also OP please "do the needful" ;) and change your av because whenever i see it im anticipating a funny post to its right

It looks like g0m is a fyad IK or mod just now so it would probably just get changed back, so it stays for a while

horse mans posted:

thanks valyeyard, this will totally optimize my forums posting workflows and pipelines

That's why I use it, it massively increases my posting pleasure. For example, here is my forum index:

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 23, 2015

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

"kindly do the needful on highest priority and revert"
"this is critical business application"

:smithicide:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
voted 5, moving on

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

yeah let me just use google chrome :rolleyes:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
you should make it so that if someone posts .gifv from imgur it embeds it like if they post .webm, i'm pretty sure gifv is even a webm just with a different extension that makes it not embed properly.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fermun posted:

you should make it so that if someone posts .gifv from imgur it embeds it like if they post .webm, i'm pretty sure gifv is even a webm just with a different extension that makes it not embed properly.

Yeah good shout that should be an easy one

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

do poo poo, op

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
not does it work with the worlds most advanced web browser on the worlds most advanced os?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

for iOS

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZShakespeare posted:

not does it work with the worlds most advanced web browser on the worlds most advanced os?

this was brought up a few times in the old thread, and then I eventually made it work and I don't think anyone used it. I don't think I can sign it with the dev cert anymore since I dont have the mac

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
sure hold on a sec while i use some browser extension made by a random dude from a forum surely this won't result in my info getting stolen and posted in a pastebin somewhere

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh stymie :allears:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it's open soars :rms2:

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Valeyard posted:

this was brought up a few times in the old thread, and then I eventually made it work and I don't think anyone used it. I don't think I can sign it with the dev cert anymore since I dont have the mac

I made it work with safari by making an extension that injected your script from your github, but it caused issues with webm because lol safari, and I couldn't be assed to comment out that part of the code.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is one of the worst SA plugins ever made. Congratulations.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

This is one of the worst SA plugins ever made. Congratulations.

What makes you say that?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
lol if you don't use :chome:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

he's not wrong

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Valeyard posted:

Latest feature

You can now paste images (via right click) directly into the reply box and they will be uploaded to Imgur and then the link (wrapped in IMG tags) will be pasted in the reply box at the cursor location.

Also you can drag images from your comp right into the post box to do the same thing.

http://a.pomf.se/tuqikc.webm

Get it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sa-needful/bipfbhacdgoojjfblifgjadhabepbekm

Works in
Chrome
Opera*

*Opera is now so similar to Chrome that it can install Chrome extensions directly from the Chrome Web Store link that I posted above, but first you must add this Opera extension and then visit the Chrome store page for SA Needful

Other features
• Embed Tweets
• Embed Vines
• Embed webm video
• Highlights posts you are quoted in, works in YOSPOS too
• Old style breadcrumbs
• Can colapse and expand forum categories in the main forum listing index
• Add specific forums to your favourites, and they appear at the top of the forum listing
• Bold your username if it appears in posts

Unfinished and useless stuff
• the lazy loading of images
• snyping
• can switch on the option to show/hide avatars by clicking anywhere in the avatar area
• add a Tweet This button to your posts, to Tweet out your posts. Really slows down the page if you have lots of posts on it
• word filters
• alternate layout for the forum listing
chome*

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

wow you fixed the plat icon

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CarltonCuse/status/604775015217655808

https://twitter.com/thetvbuddy/status/604758409372516352

http://i.imgur.com/9wXrRWT.gifv

https://vine.co/v/OLhXLIz116l

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 31, 2015

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Valeyard posted:

i can and will edit the manifest file to stop anything from working on the login page, since there is no need for it there, but I dont really know what else I could do to help placate people

who cares about them. im enjoying doing the needful. they can cower in their autism den for an eternity for all i care.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bless you for this powerful and ownage extension valeyard. :worship:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Valeyard posted:

i can and will edit the manifest file to stop anything from working on the login page, since there is no need for it there, but I dont really know what else I could do to help placate people

just steal smythe's login deets and use them to probate dissenting voices

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

bless you for this powerful and ownage extension valeyard. :worship:

i just saw the av, the warrior is back, hell yeah :worship:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
fail av

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Valeyard posted:

I can clean it up and deliver it as a userscript with just the good and useful stuff on

ty I don't really like chrome tbqh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

fail av

i like the av

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the gom one was better

pram
Jun 10, 2001
but its a step up from that retarded flash one i guess