Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Mariana Horchata posted:

this is sort of a good idea but most of the ppl that support this kind of thing are assholes who want to abolish liberal arts higher education entirely. im just 30yo and still not sure what I want to do with my life...so being able to sample some potential careers with little commitment would have been great imo

can I get fries with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I support abolishing liberal arts education so we can accelerate the downfall of the West

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

gently caress the ROW posted:

can I get fries with that?

Sick email forward.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
nice post but is ther eany chance you could bring me a coke to go with it? And some fries?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

gently caress the ROW posted:

nice post but is ther eany chance you could bring me a coke to go with it? And some fries?

Funniest construction worker at the taco truck.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
ROW stands for regulations on washing

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
drat, I came in here looking forward to reading 11 pages of Seinfeld jokes.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

That sure is quite a leap from 'have alternatives for kids who clearly aren't interested in college.'

Sorry I offended you by saying children are dumb. I meant all of them except you :angel:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Peanut President posted:

Sorry I offended you by saying children are dumb. I meant all of them except you :angel:

I just don't know where you're getting 'railroaded into a lifelong career' from 'schools should cater to more than just kids who are college bound.' Nobody is expecting a 14 year old to decide what job they want forever. What happens now though is if you're not interested in college you get stuck in the 'dumb' classes where nobody cares and nothing really gets taught and they just kind of stay out of the way and hopefully don't sink the standardized test scores too bad.

Do you think it's fine to have all electives cut so there's no arts or autoshop or woodshop anymore?

Should people not have majors in college given that most people don't end up working in a field that had something to do with their major?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Nagato posted:

yeah, he's exposing the vast conspiracy of... his fellow academics

his other whole point is that theres no 'conspiracy', its in the front part of manufacturing consent

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress the row is just not the same without the avatar. i dont thinks hes putting his heart into it either

Opie_Yates
Nov 30, 2010
lol at arguing with the Fire alt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

when you specialize in a trade skill like auto repair or construction or electrical engineering you should have to take humanities courses as well imo

• Locked thread