Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hughlander
May 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Some years ago, I was taking a summer class in New York. It was August, 98F outside, 100% humidity, and I was stuck in traffic. They were resealing the road and had closed down to a one lane road. As I was waiting I saw the truck that was part of the work crew. It had this giant cauldron of the sealant on the back. There were propane tanks with an open fire heating it from underneath, while on top a guy with these giant asbestos gauntlets was slowing stirring it to keep it uniform temperature and not hard. I've never seen a more miserable look on a human face than I did peering up at him through the waves of heat and noxious fumes coming off that cauldron.

I don't know that's the worst job, but to this day it's the reason I bust rear end to make sure I never wind up in that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread