Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Did they make you leave your FG (five guys) take out in the waiting room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

five guys burgers then dies

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

yep, u do #1, 2, 3, and 4 once ur nervous system shuts down for good

thats why i choke myself while jerking it. only way i can feel anything anymore

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
ban the OP for posting without a soul

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
stay safe five guys ghost

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

NecroMonster posted:

five guys burgers then dies

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i asked the bartendwe to pour me 6 shots of rail whisky in your name and drank them. goonspeed, have a goon night

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

glad to hear you're doin better dad gay :)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you should have told a nurse "hey baby it's crazy but my heart races every time i see you"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlT5I8R3ZU

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
dad dead, so what

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
I feel your pain, I had the same condition (PSVT- some kinda hosed up pathway in my AV node).

Started getting those tachycardia episodes when I was about 14, they'd happen once every few months when I was a teenager, then in my 20's they started happening every month. When it gets up to 240bpm, it loving sucks doesn't it? Seeing your chest bouncing in and out and feeling like 15 heartbeats in your throat for every breath you take.

For me, an episode would last maybe 45~60 minutes, but apparently some people only get it for a few minutes before their rhythm converts back to normal. Getting Adenosine injected was always a miserable experience; seconds after the bolus push I was always overwhelmed with a sense of impending doom/tunnel vision/gross metallic taste in my mouth.

Anyway, after more than 10 years of dealing with that poo poo I finally got a cryo-ablation and I'm so happy I got it.
It made a huge difference in my quality of life not to have to worry about when the next trip to the emergency-room would be. I ate a burg and drank a bunch of beer on the same day after my ablation :cheers:

A+++ Would buy surgery again. Highly Recommended A+++

Hope you get better soon

Seroxat
Jan 10, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

They used 6mg of adenosine as a Hail Mary to halt your ridiculous tachycardia. They didn't think it was going to work and the next thing would have been to shock you with the shocker machine if they were smart or to try 12mg of adenosine twice more. The old school guys don't give you anything before they shock you they just tell you to fukken deal with it but I give a little Valium first. Maybe not at 240 though because that's about the upper limit of what a heart can handle, so I would want to shock you sooner because that works more often than loving adenosine. I'm just going to look at you and maybe your blood pressure and decide if I think you can wait a minute for me to draw and give Valium or if that's too much time to waste.

When I gave people adenosine I would always warn them that they were going to feel very sick but that that feeling would go away in ten seconds. I wouldn't tell people I was going to stop their heart but it is a cold rear end thing to say to someone which is a lot of fun to do once in a while. Adenosine often induces the feeling of mortal dread that is normally a sign off serious anoxia in heart tissue and impending death and is the same feeling old men get when they clutch their chest in a panic and start flailing at the dinner party before they drop dead as a stone from their huge MI.

Glad you survived to call everyone a piece of poo poo because it's what we deserve quite honestly. The biological wiring in your heart is probably bullshit and you should do the follow up they told you to do worth a cardiologist. I do bacon raw onion and mushroom on my five guys and I get regular fries.

How loving DARE you tell forums superstar dad gay. so what that his heart is bad, shitlord. Ever hear of loving your own body? Beauty at every size? Maybe you've heard of Tess Munster, the first curvy model? Or maybe you've had your head shoved so far up your ableist rear end that you don't know that it's okay to be big, and that being big doesn't mean you're unhealthy. Friendly reminder: gently caress OFF.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I had ablation done to fix persistent atrial fibrillation. Helped when all meds failed. It owns. Theres not much risk these days, 10-15 years ago they would accidently burn a hole in your heart, but now they spend hours building a detailed 3d model of your heart and the whole job is done by computers.

They give you meds to stop your heart? When i went to er, they put me to sleep and shocked.

If you have to use a beta blocker, nebivolol owns. Ive had zero side effects with it unlike other bb's.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

you are a human being

Even though I think you are a poo poo, gimmick poster, I hope you will be okay, goon sir. (no joke)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
If you don't get well you will get banned

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

:ohdear:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

gnarlyhotep posted:

an excellent reason for the op to keep eating five guys

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
anybody who doesn't get cajun fries when they're at 5 guys is a communist!

(*they only have the regular fries so as to facilitate this test)

((kinda wish they had curly cajun fries those would be dope))

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Hope you live DGSW.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I hope you live in the US and can't afford the medication. Your face shows up on Fox News and they conclude dying because you can't afford medical care should be applauded.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Hhuuuufhhhhgg

Guys my chest

Uuugghhhuuuggjhjjjjjhh&hh&! £÷£#*÷;÷^! ¥!'*"¥#

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
what if someone had to do CPR on dad gay and all they could taste was A1, beef, and onions

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Professor of Cats posted:

I hope you will be okay, goon sir. (no joke)

you have the best username on here dad gay

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Does he really have a bad heart and this isn't just some dumb gimmick? Also, lol at all the goons with bad hearts.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
got a bad heart and gbs is to blame
you give posting a bad name

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

yes pretty much, qnd this is lieterrally notavjoke, i just go back from the er gain for the exact ssame thing and the did the exact same thing, didnt hurt as bad today. wow. cardiologist here i come!

i forget what theycallit dvt? its in my car. they said the beta blockers hadne had time to kick in yet but probably need ablasion for the bad wire. haha . anywhos only 215 bmp tonight, ever seenone that hi wolf-nuts?

Gunna abalate you bitch lol

Highest I had was 240 but he responded to vagal so w/e

Lucky Guy posted:

why did they restart it

When medical people say they restarted someone's heart they mean they stopped doing whatever they did to stop it and hoped it started back up on its own again. It usually does unless it was hosed before the doctors got there in which case they're just throwing halfassed hail marys that probably won't work anyway. The only medication we have for "starting" a heart basically just make the heart tissue really irritable and twitchy and we hope the normal signals get going again -- we haven't shocked asystole since the 70s.

Metanaut posted:

I had ablation done to fix persistent atrial fibrillation. Helped when all meds failed. It owns. Theres not much risk these days, 10-15 years ago they would accidently burn a hole in your heart, but now they spend hours building a detailed 3d model of your heart and the whole job is done by computers.

They give you meds to stop your heart? When i went to er, they put me to sleep and shocked.

If you have to use a beta blocker, nebivolol owns. Ive had zero side effects with it unlike other bb's.

You can cardiovert chemically with adenosine and if you think it'll work it's better to do that because shocking obv causes at least some tissue damage, especially near the skin where the pads are put on. If you don't think it'll work you just shock. Sometimes the adenosine will work when the shock won't and vice versa, but generally the adenosine seems to work about 30% of the time and shocking about 95% so if you're going down the tubes fast they'll often just light you up. Depends mostly on the anecdotal success your particular doctor has had with adenosine in the last two months TBQH

raton fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 25, 2015

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
slept in til 12, no tachyons yet, not sure about 5 guys today, might grill. lots of beer and food left over from the party yesterday. sun is finally out. might ne a good day to get loving wasted and do some coke....haha just kidding, probably have 6-10 beers though. will updadte every 10 minutes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

slept in til 12, no tachyons yet, not sure about 5 guys today, might grill. lots of beer and food left over from the party yesterday. sun is finally out. might ne a good day to get loving wasted and do some coke....haha just kidding, probably have 6-10 beers though. will updadte every 10 minutes.

Hows your colon?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt posted:

Hows your colon?

im putting it through the paces right now, so far, really great

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

im putting it through the paces right now, so far, really great

That's good news! See, things are starting to look up!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
yay

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

this thread is triggering my health anxiety

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zeroisanumber posted:

I work EMS, and you have no idea how much of my life is encompassed by people for whom the OP is completely unironic.

It was missing him saying he has "the sugarblood" though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hey dad gay. so what I wanted to let you know before you die or whatever that I think you're awesome and funny and add a lot to SA.

For your project:

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Your death permaban will read "dead gay. so what"

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Woah dude, that's not good at all. You gotta start taking better care of yourself, big fella. I don't want to lose you from my life

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I added too much water to my rice and cooked it to long and made a bland accidental risotto. I should go get five guys instead.

brown rice. so what

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
5 beers & two bullueit burbs in with no tachyons, having a smoke now to check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think maybe all the rain and lack of sun caused it - like 20 days in a row, gently caress

• Locked thread