Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
help brian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSB1IwlAoRk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geera
May 20, 2003

Andrew_1985 posted:

I feel like they're either going to cure skitter boy and give some hope or he's just going to get the next crisis.
Maybe they'll use him to bridge the gap between humans and skitters, bringing the wild skitters under their control and raising an army for the final push.

Or maybe he'll die 20 minutes in to the next episode in a really dumb way.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I'd like to think that the whole camp ate nothing but junk food for a day, and then they all had the drizzling craps.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
probably all constipated from malnutrition anyway, nothing like a junk food binge to purge the system

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Skitter boy is gonna get violently beaten to death with a piece of rebar, and his sister will be so upset and mortified and then they'll all learn an important lesson about how violently beating stuff to death with a piece of rebar kills a part of you too.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Pretty tired of these pointless love stories

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was only watching it for Maggie :allears:

But now she's playing a cop in Rogue season 3

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The show is and has always been derpy as hell (except for like the first season, if even that) but I like how she lied to the Skitter Sister so they could nab the food and there's very likely no happy way out of that. Now if they do find a happy magical ending to it gently caress the show forever

Edit: The scene where the mob was torturing the Skitter had more teeth than I would have expected out of this show so maybe there's hope for something decent this season

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 7, 2015

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.
poo poo, except the scene where our hero Tom Mason caps the overlord without hesitation.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Holy poo poo I thought I saw a confederate flag in the background but it was just some awkwardly arranged scenery.

Has anyone captured the exact moment where Noah Wyle's career hit rock bottom?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Klaus88 posted:

Holy poo poo I thought I saw a confederate flag in the background but it was just some awkwardly arranged scenery.

Even though he would continue to show up on ER from time to time for a few years, it was that first Librarian movie he did on, you guessed it, TNT.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

BattleMaster posted:

The show is and has always been derpy as hell (except for like the first season, if even that) but I like how she lied to the Skitter Sister so they could nab the food and there's very likely no happy way out of that. Now if they do find a happy magical ending to it gently caress the show forever

First season was really, really bad too. Never forget that terrible loving skateboard scene. Also just lots of incredibly stupid stuff that was the tiniest bit more tolerable because it wasn't stupid stuff built upon entire seasons of pre-existing stupid stuff yet.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

IRQ posted:

Even though he would continue to show up on ER from time to time for a few years, it was that first Librarian movie he did on, you guessed it, TNT.

Well there's 'Rock bottom in uses of his potential', and there's actual rock bottom for an actor, but yeah....that's the moment. You can look at the things he did before that and there's some stuff that was big name or had some real strength to it.....and then you can look after that. There isn't a single thing that isn't both low budget and low effort. He never hit actual rock bottom because he's pretty much constantly had something going on, so at least he's been making money. A lot of promising actors fell a lot further and can't say that much.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
One of the many things that bothered me is that Noah Wyle's charcter aka genericmcprotagonist uses some form of AK when they're in the middle of the loving United States. I'm assuming it is one of those variants that's chambered for 5.56 NATO but getting spare parts and poo poo would be a pain wouldn't it?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't the whole thing with AK's is they don't need parts and can be fired underwater, in space, apocalypse proof etc etc

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yes, and there's loads of cheap ammo for them in the states, but he uses it because they showed him a bunch of guns and let him pick the one he thought the character would use/was the coolest looking or whatever. That's literally all the thought that was put in or ever needs to be.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Boogaleeboo posted:

To be fair Tom has shown a tendency to do massively retarded things that should end in his death but miraculously don't. So I mean....sure, why not let him be in charge? You could fight wars and have people die and poo poo, or you could let the immortal psychotic just do inane bullshit until the aliens collapse in on themselves like a failure powered black hole.

This really made me laugh.

Basically it's like getting beaten at poker by a retarded monkey because it just does dumb poo poo and gets lucky. Tom Mason is king monkey and the aliens are all Einstein just getting so frustrated they finally give up and go home. Yay! Humanity! :dance:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I hope the aliens never find their Tom Mason equivalent. :ohdear:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
If Falling Skies was a 30 minute show it would probably be pretty good.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I was going to make a completely over the top hilarious meta reply here, but idiocy is literally nothing that i can say MORE is dumber or more hilarious than what they have actually chosen to do as a storyline. i hope everyone dies.... this version of earth needs total die lol. we deserve it lol

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
How many seasons have started with Tom Mason just coming back from whatever grand exit he made the previous season? Is it all of them?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

FISHMANPET posted:

How many seasons have started with Tom Mason just coming back from whatever grand exit he made the previous season? Is it all of them?

All of them but the first.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
At least one more. One season ended with Cocheese landing, and the next one started with a time skip.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I'm binging through the early seasons of falling skies right now and I'm irrationally goddamned angry at their lovely resistance tactics like moving during the day and not running away from enemies with superior firepower.

:freep: It just don't add up!

Also this show is clearly designed to hand blow-jobs to all the wingnuts that believe the myth of Militas during the Revolutionary War and that makes me even more angry!

:freep: Hulk no enunciate his sentences properly!

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Klaus88 posted:

One of the many things that bothered me is that Noah Wyle's charcter aka genericmcprotagonist uses some form of AK when they're in the middle of the loving United States. I'm assuming it is one of those variants that's chambered for 5.56 NATO but getting spare parts and poo poo would be a pain wouldn't it?

There are a Shitload of AK variants in private hands in the USA. Most are semi-auto, but this is television.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
"Oh no! They're heading right for our food! Quick blow it up!"

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I was hoping when I started watching this program that it was kind of going to be a thing where each ep or so they get out of a sticky situation through the power of History, like luring mechs into swamps and then blowing em up when they get stuck like that knight vs archer story, or doing Trojan Horse stuff. Instead it's just a bad show where people make dumb decisions all the time

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Two questions:

1. What was the point of the brotherskitter and sister? Get an overlord that just dies in the same episode? Whoopdee doo. Save their budget and introduce him in a less stupid manner.

2. Why not go for Sara first? The skitter factory will still be there tomorrow.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
ok so the new aliens aren't skitters or anything http://i.imgur.com/R8yZapA.png

or not, they were pre-skitters

poor sara :(

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 14, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Klaus88 posted:

Noah Wyle freakin owns and if I was a moderately successful actor I'd ride the C-grade TNT action show train til the day I die, too. Noah Wyle is living the dream.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Hezzy posted:

ok so the new aliens aren't skitters or anything http://i.imgur.com/R8yZapA.png

or not, they were pre-skitters

poor sara :(

Big twist: his wife was an alien the whole time.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

NecroBob posted:

Two questions:

1. What was the point of the brotherskitter and sister? Get an overlord that just dies in the same episode? Whoopdee doo. Save their budget and introduce him in a less stupid manner.

1. ~*~Dramatic effect~*~

2. The skitterswarm was literally an hour or two away from reaching critical mass and attacking. Also, see number 1.

A better question is, why have bad guy aliens spent the entire show capturing, enslaving, and genetically altering other species, usually at great effort, when they can create magical cloning pods that spit these fuckers out several a minute?

Dr_Amazing posted:

Oh god, please let this be true.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

welp finalie spoiled

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Dr_Amazing posted:

Big twist: his wife was a Cylon the whole time.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Hey Maggie I'm gonna need you to hunch over and grunt for me. Yeah.

Has anyone noticed that the doctor lady is showing a ton of cleavage this season? Has it always been this way?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Boris Galerkin posted:

Has anyone noticed that the doctor lady is showing a ton of cleavage this season? Has it always been this way?

No; I don't think so.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tough chicks always have cleavage, or massive tits. It's a thing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

NecroBob posted:

Two questions:

To make Pope go all crazy-eyes pissed off at Tom. I'm sure that'll pan out to be something real dumb.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

Which wife?

IRQ posted:

To make Pope go all crazy-eyes pissed off at Tom. I'm sure that'll pan out to be something real dumb.

A punch thrown, Tom gets crazy eyed, the Colonel backs them down and they shake hands and agree to disagree.

Maggie bones Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
Jesus christ this show is still on. Anyone got a decent recap to catch up without putting myself through the misery? I stopped somewhere with the magic baby reveal.

• Locked thread