Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Old thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644049

:derp: JUNE 28TH FINAL SEASON :derp:
:derp: Preview: http://cartermatt.com/166047/falling-skies-season-5-spoilers-new-promo-raises-the-stakes-again/ :derp:

Rocksicles posted:

I need closure.

kingcom posted:

This is a dumb show. A very dumb show. I just can't seem to stop watching it.

Alright boys, we're one month out from the final season of this terrible show. A new season preview was just posted which is why I'm making this lovely thread (and I can't post in the previous lovely thread). So set your calendars and let's finish this together.

Just as a reminder, last season gave us literal (ok not literal) Jesus Christ and literal Hitler Youth and some kind of communication device that takes place inside a volcano. Something about a moon blowing up too or maybe it didn't blow up but that was the plan. I don't know. Does anybody even remember? Nope doesn't matter because this show doesn't make sense either way.

If you haven't seen this show before then please take this thread's advice and :frogout:

If you're already invested then :getin:

Sash! posted:

They fooled me three times before, they won't get me a fourth time!

Tomahawk posted:

This is the thread season 4 of Falling Skies deserves, tbh.

Sober posted:

Oh, no.

RoboHoboCop posted:

Just watched the first episode and it really does set the bar higher for how terrible this show can be.

kruna posted:

That poo poo was loving awful.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

how did this literal piece of poo poo get renewed

kingcom posted:

Dude, this show is goddamn amazing. It is a show written by a 10 year old just spouting out all the stuff they think is cool "and then Tom takes a boat with a giant space gun across the river and they dont spot him because Weaver is off on a train and the aliens think the train is the space gun! Also now Tom's daughter is all grown up and she can shoot lighting like storm from the x-men but also shes like professor x cause she has mind powers and she can regenerate like wolverine and she is being taught by an alien who is like obi-wan from star wars but hes actually a bad guy and talks to the other bad alien in a volcano!"

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Klaus88 posted:

There's a blingie gif in the OP, never a good sign. :stare:

Is this show bad enjoyable, like nation Z, Or just plain bad?

:orks: Hey the Skaven already blew up the moon!

In all seriousness it's a pretty bad show and we're just watching it at this point for closure. The good thing for you though is you miss nothing by jumping into the final season next month cause the story just makes no sense so yeah.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I like the last ship in the entertaining sense but the story is kinda dumb and it's dumber that the ships captain and probably highest ranking person in the U.S. government/military goes on every single mission.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

It's not really the same thing case as far as I know and I've only seen the new Star Trek movies, the world hasn't ended that the Enterprise crew is just one of many crews with similar missions. The world in The Last Ship has all but been destroyed by disease and this one particular naval ship is more or less humanity's last hope cause there is literally nobody else.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I'm a bad OP cause I completely forgot about this show and only watched the season opener just now.

Lol at how Tom just shot that guy in the head without even flinching. I wonder who the mole the dream lady kept mentioning is? Also that's kinda hilarious about the other militias. Like, this entire time they've been fighting and working with the aliens, they just never mentioned that 'hey there are other militias like yours, people with guns, and they're over here and there."

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Pretty tired of these pointless love stories

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Hey Maggie I'm gonna need you to hunch over and grunt for me. Yeah.

Has anyone noticed that the doctor lady is showing a ton of cleavage this season? Has it always been this way?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

What scooter scene? Is it on YouTube anywhere?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Jesus Tom shut the hell up and leave the man alone he literally just buried his partner and now you're going to lecture him.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Okay so finally got around to watching the last episode and some of it just doesn't make sense.

- I don't really understand the concept of being taken off of active duty. There are like no more soldiers man. Everyone and their mothers literally has a gun for safety and probably for very good reason since aliens can seemingly come out of no where. Are you trying to tell me that those men that were with Pope are "soldiers" under the command of the colonel?

- Antony's sudden turn to bad makes no sense either. "You're not the only one who hates the Mason family." What? What did "the Mason family" do? It was the colonel who took his gun away and Ann's just the doctor. As far as I can remember, that family's been pretty good to him this entire time on the count of him not being named Pope.

- I can kinda understand Pope's sudden turn cause it just goes back to his S1 character. Except, well, this means that 4 seasons of character building has just gone out the window so what was even the point? Also, killing your ONLY doctor? Seriously?

- I posted this already but lol at Tom lecturing Pope literally right after he's set the headstone down.

- "Oh good you guys are American" :v:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Pope's face in the last scene lol.

This episode honestly wasn't too bad I think. I was expecting to see tied up aliens behind that door though.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

kruna posted:

So what happened with Cochise's father's position as space president? Someone else fill the rank? Did I miss that part while skipping thru the lame parts?

He was just a general I think.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't think anyone here thinks this show isn't bad. That's kind of the point. But I'm personally watching it for closure and because there's nothing else to watch and the show is just that right kind of bad that it's somewhat entertaining.

I should probably catch up to the last ship.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Maggie's story was incredibly dumb. I don't even have any words to describe how dumb she was/is. Those people and their kids were kinda dumb too, like, did they think their kids were never going to do what kids do and explore? I don't really understand what the point of any of these two stories were. They also showed the communication thing like they showed in the preview, but never actually expand on it so whelp, filler episode I guess.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I'm watching it right now but why don't they just move the box that the walkie talkie thing is in rather than devising a system of levers and pulleys?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

SimpleAnarchy posted:

Can someone refresh my memory as to what happened to the other US military dudes from Charleston a few seasons ago? They had the callback this episode to the civilians of Charleston being relocated to Brazil but what happened to the soldiers who were there? Where is Dale Dye's colonel character?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another example of the show dropping plot threads/characters.

Tom became their president. They got attacked by aliens. I think they were absorbed into the main group somehow.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Sash! posted:

This really should be the thread title

I prefer "that's horseshit."

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Wasn't there a scene where she turned back to normal from blonde before she died or something? Maybe a dream sequence I'm not sure. Oh that was the Anne and Cochise thing wasn't it?

I don't think Pope is dead cause there was no body. I get what you're saying about 42 minutes left but remember just last episode even they introduced and killed a new character so...

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Who knows. Antony went from loyal dude to "YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HATES THE MASONS" even though it was Dan who took him off duty. Now he's back to "normal."

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I can't believe tonight is the end.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

It's finally over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Hey it worked for will smith, savior of humanity.

• Locked thread