Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I for one am just stoked to have my internet fixed and, provided it holds, make your quest as hazardous as possible every ten minutes or so tonight during the stream.

Invading on a lark the other day I'd forgotten I was still set in dl region W. Africa and who do I find and blind corner tempest but Koobes and Zarin! What are the chances we'd be playing at the same time in the sorta same place?

Murderface gon get his dee-dubbya on tonight mmhmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So tonight's stream will be re-doing the footage from Capra -> BlightTown, then Continuing in Anor Londo, I'll start around 7 or 8 depending on technical issues, and stop around 11 or 12, depending on how long I can stomach getting stomped on.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

I for one am just stoked to have my internet fixed and, provided it holds, make your quest as hazardous as possible every ten minutes or so tonight during the stream.

Invading on a lark the other day I'd forgotten I was still set in dl region W. Africa and who do I find and blind corner tempest but Koobes and Zarin! What are the chances we'd be playing at the same time in the sorta same place?

Murderface gon get his dee-dubbya on tonight mmhmm

You destroyed Zarin's motivation of playing that game since it was his first invasion :allears:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Awww man, I'm sorry Zarin! :sadwave:

You only get obliterated by pillars of fire from nowhere occasionally really. DS is still totes worth a playthrough!

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Turtlicious posted:

I'll start around 7 or 8 depending on technical issues, and stop around 11 or 12, depending on how long I can stomach getting stomped on.

What time zone? :shobon: And as a related question, if the last exchange didn't make it obvious, I'm brand new to Steam; how do you set your region?

That also reminds me that last stream Tallgeese was talking about changing how his name looked to make sure characters weren't being truncated; is that just changing your Steam name (since that's apparently different from the user ID)? I was in Professor Booty's stream last weekend and doing some PvP with him, and we just showed up as our Steam names. I seem to remember catching some PC streamers who would appear as their character's name, or was that only in DS2?

Oh, and what SL range are you going to start out in? You can only invade people higher-level if you're going red. I'd recommend Blue Orbing instead, but I don't think you've actually killed any of those NPCs or anything to rack up any sin.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I'm going through The Capra fight, I'll be at 35, when I get to Lando, I'll be 50.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://hitbox.tv/Turtlicious

Come watch me re-do some footage, and then fight a couple of rude rude dudes.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 17, 2015

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.

Turtlicious posted:

http://hitbox.tv/Turtlicious

Come watch me re-do some footage, and then fight a couple of rude rude dudes.

I'm here in the background too this time :D

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I was able to recreate my depths kill that didn't get captured last time! Gives me the fuzzies.

Also that first fight with the gaping dragon turns out awesome, as do the circumstances around taking it down.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Yeah, that was a lot of fun. We basically went "screw progress" and fought Turtle all stream. :D Can't really show the full Anor Londo experience without some PvP of course.

One bit of advice for anyone wanting to join in next Fight Club: practice with your weapon of choice and get a feel for how each move works and where it hits. For fast weapons you'll want to get in close and usually stay locked on, the challenge comes in timing, mixups (if you just spam R1 you're asking for a parry or someone to adapt and out-range you or something), and when to roll. Whereas if you're using greatweapons, locking on and swinging can work if you time it right, but usually you'll want to stay unlocked and adjust your aim as you swing. If someone's strafing around you to try a backstab, swing as they're moving in and tilt the stick to that side. Sometimes there's basic stuff you can do too, like keeping your back to a wall so they can't stab it.

Any spell that's telegraphed that somebody can roll through probably will unless they're really new (or it's laggy). Most people just don't use those spells; spam Combustion or the abyss version, use Pursuers, and so on. If you want to use more traditional attack spells, either go for fast spells that can punish (great soul arrow/spear can be good for that), or don't lock on and adjust your spell as you cast it (like casting Fireball behind you if they're starting to circle around).

Anyway, I'm not exactly a PvP expert, but that covers the basics of the stuff you won't learn in PvE because you never need it.

The Protagonist posted:

I was able to recreate my depths kill that didn't get captured last time! Gives me the fuzzies.

You. :argh:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

PvP last stream was pretty fun. Turtle really needs to get the dried finger for some more fight club shenanigans. I'd say if two people end up invading him at the same time they have to duel to the death before having the right to kill him

Also I proved that smugh is the real Smough.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going camping for 2 weeks, cya afterwards.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright I can't import an .flv file into sony vegas, and I've spent too long trying to make that poo poo work.

Do I record a 3rd time running from Capra to Blight, or do I just show off the blight town video?

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

Turtlicious posted:

Alright I can't import an .flv file into sony vegas, and I've spent too long trying to make that poo poo work.

Do I record a 3rd time running from Capra to Blight, or do I just show off the blight town video?

Would like this work ffmpeg -i input.flv -codec copy output.mp4 ?

Or opening it with the the ffmpeg source plugin for avisynth and just using eg vdub to dump it to an avi maybe?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mastigophoran posted:

Would like this work ffmpeg -i input.flv -codec copy output.mp4 ?

Or opening it with the the ffmpeg source plugin for avisynth and just using eg vdub to dump it to an avi maybe?

I dont know what this means but I'll try

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
woot that worked! It only took like a few minutes as well After I record and encode tomorrow, we're going to have a shitton of new episodes (I want to get from Blight Town -> New Arlondo by Tuesday for streaming.) Thank you Mastigophoran for the computer magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

Turtlicious posted:

Thank you Mastigophoran for the computer magic.

Hooray this time I didn't break everything!

• Locked thread