Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I feel the need to point out that our roster is sorely lacking in two areas: women and tag teams. As it is right now, we have two women and only one permanent tag team (me and Iggy/BNF is not a proper/official team). Our female roster will hopefully be padded out by some kind goonettes (or mangoons can submit a girl character). As for tag teams, I'd recommend you guys coming up with some! All you need is a team dynamic and (not needed but preferable) a lovely pun for a name! Like, I dunno, maybe Owl Man and Mr. Neckbeard can be the Nerds of a Feather or something (just my own bad example.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dash will work with Face.

For a price! Such skills don't come cheap!

(I'll see if I can bug some other posters to come in here too)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The tag team title is called the co-commentary title. So far a lot of the teams have been people who did commentary for some LP with each other. This is not a requirement though but it's how I'd pick teams. If you want to be in a tag team with one of your forums buddies, though you can just tell me and I'll make it happen. Provided they actually submitted a character.

And yes, I encourage forums women to join in. And guys can choose to have a female Avatar as well. Of course the same is true the other way around.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

IGgy IGsen posted:

This is the owliest I could get it. For now. And yes, if he spreads his arms the robes spreads out like wings too.

:monocle:
This is even better than what I expected! I'm excited for the matches! Hope I don't get jobbed too hard :negative:

Junpei Hyde posted:

Like, I dunno, maybe Owl Man and Mr. Neckbeard can be the Nerds of a Feather or something (just my own bad example.)

I'm cool with that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

Unfortunately face morphing won't let me stray very far from the standard human shape. You can change that if you want or I'll just roll with it. It might look really horrible, though.

Sure, let's roll the dice.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'm cool with that.

Yeah, let's do it. THE OWL AND THE CAT, FLUFFY PREDATORS OF THE NIGHT.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Blind Sally posted:

Dash will work with Face.

For a price! Such skills don't come cheap!

The debut of my character in the original LPFWA had his AI bug out and refuse to tag in for his partner. If Dash ends up leaving Face to fight a tag match on his own because he was only paid to walk down to the ring with him and not to wrestle, it would honestly be too appropriate.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Mehuyael would enjoy being taken under someone's wing for team matches, maybe learn from them as they train and "borrow" some of their signature moves. Oddly enough nobody wants to team up with him though. :shrug:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kadorhal posted:

The debut of my character in the original LPFWA had his AI bug out and refuse to tag in for his partner. If Dash ends up leaving Face to fight a tag match on his own because he was only paid to walk down to the ring with him and not to wrestle, it would honestly be too appropriate.

To elaborate, whenever his partner went to their corner to make a tag, Kad literally jumped off the apron to prevent it.

But that was Ladorhal, not Kadorhal.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I may have just watched through the first two Mad Max movies and I think this would be a good addition for some reason.

Name: Lazyfire

Your Twitter: N/A

Appearance:

Type: Heavy Hitter

Signature Moves: Up to you

Finishing Move(s): The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla (some sort of running clothesline?)

Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLvLg-FdzgQ

Hometown / Country: The 80's

Announcer Name: Macho Muscle Love Daddy

Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Loves to use foreign objects and take the fight out of the ring. Prone to short, threatening speeches and is obsessed with taking other people's gasoline.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Name: Flamander
Your Twitter: N/a
Appearance: Short dude in a white motorcycle helmet, tracksuit, and boxing gloves.
Type: Silliest moves you can get at. Make me really fast, but not very strong.
Finishing Move(s): Worm, and the flashiest Frog Splash possible.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97WTRoPruwY
Hometown / Country: Wherever He Wants
Announcer Name: Commander Platinum
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Wildcard tweener. Is actually an advanced AI that thinks it's a Super Sentai style superhero.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Name: LORD OF BUTT
Your Twitter: @lordofbutt54
Appearance:

Mac (middle) + sunglasses if possible
Type: Grappler
Signature Moves: Anything that fits.
Finishing Move(s): Some sort of Stone Cold Stunner variation. Whichever looks best.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlcSVP-BAWA
Hometown / Country: Asgard
Announcer Name: THE EAGLE BARBARIAN
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Half man, half eagle. All barbarian.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 27, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Just from the very limited interaction we had on the forums so far I knew from the second I saw your post, without reading it, that it would come down to this.

I don't know what I expected... It's still amazing every time.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Iggy, you had a video put together of (at the time) all the entrances, right? Maybe you should post that here, along with one for the CAWs done after. I think it'd be nice for people to see their dudes in motion.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

The tag team title is called the co-commentary title. So far a lot of the teams have been people who did commentary for some LP with each other. This is not a requirement though but it's how I'd pick teams. If you want to be in a tag team with one of your forums buddies, though you can just tell me and I'll make it happen. Provided they actually submitted a character.

I'm happy to follow convention, too!

Lazyfire and I have co-commentated and I heartily approve of Mad Max themed anything

Team up, Lazyfire? :shrug:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Blind Sally posted:

I'm happy to follow convention, too!

Lazyfire and I have co-commentated and I heartily approve of Mad Max themed anything

Team up, Lazyfire? :shrug:

Sure, I'll even let you drive the post apocalyptic buggy sometimes.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Please note that I have changed my application, after thinking about it at all. Sorry for any trouble!

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 26, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Name: Pomp
Appearance: Buff dude in a halter top and wrestling undies. poo poo green lipstick, and a lip ring. High heels or the most stripper-y boots, if that's possible. Undercut for hair.
Type: Grappler
Signature Moves: Whatever you think is good
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_2snD9nrY&t=45s
Hometown / Country: Mount Olympus
Announcer Name: THE KILLER QUEEN
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: From what I've seen, it's possible for men to have the animation set of a woman. I want that very much thank you.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 26, 2015

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

Name: kalonZombie
Your Twitter: @kalonZombie
Appearance: kalon, roughly translated, means extremely handsome. Therefore, I won't be too picky, but I want to be an extremely handsome man with slightly green and/or rotten skin.
Type: I prefer characters that move quickly and don't hit for a lot of damage.
Signature Moves: Whatever.
Finishing Move(s): Is there a bitey one? If not, whatever.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyMtn0uUG0
Hometown / Country: Baltimore
Announcer Name: Kano I guess? I can't find a way to manipulate them into saying kalonZombie.
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Burn down the sandcastle.

Made another one coming home from work.
How the hell do I make green rotted skin handsome? The face is kinda hard to morph into a shake that could be called "handsome". So I decided to go a different route.

He could be somewhat well dressed. Kind of... classy? I dunno. Not really my style.

Or he could be well dressed and pretty loving classy. (He has a bullet hole in his chest and the skin is falling off in some spots. If I were into guys I'd be all over him.)

If you want me to change either of those attires or try a new one just let me know, it's not too much effort. I spent more time trying to figure out a way to spell kalonZombie with the options for the Announcer Name (K Long Z World?) than I spent actually making the guy. I just have a lot of trouble to figure out how to make a walking corpse at least somewhat handsome.

Your finisher can be a bitey thing, yes. There are about two of those I think.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Iggy, you had a video put together of (at the time) all the entrances, right? Maybe you should post that here, along with one for the CAWs done after. I think it'd be nice for people to see their dudes in motion.
As of the time of your post I had not made the entrances for the new guys yet. I plan on posting entrances once they exist. Posting about six or so at a time is better than just posting every single one. Which I should be able to do soonish because by now I have most of them done. Most movesets too. I just need to find a few more moves where the wrestler just chucks a guy around for Danaru. Wasn't there a Slingshot Catapult move at some point? I wanted to use that as the finisher but it doesn't appear to be in the game... unlike the Giant Swing.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 26, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
As much as I want to say the first one, I can't resist assless chaps and a feathered hat.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.
Name: Galen Marek
Appearance:
Type: High Flyer
Signature Moves: Something that kinda looks like force choking?
Finishing Move(s): No idea
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ZKHCxCZIQ
Hometown / Country: Out of this World
Announcer Name: Star Killer
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Face or heel, he doesn't know. Totally not a clone. Emo and whiny.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

As much as I want to say the first one, I can't resist assless chaps and a feathered hat.

Y'know, I'm glad you chose the ridiculous over the top joke option because that's what LPFWA is all about. But we can always compromise and you can have the assless chaps, the hat and the fancy shirt. If you really really REALLY want it.

But for now I have compiled all the entrances so far. The first video is already a week or so old and features entrances of those were in the first show.
The second one features what I have of you guys so far and also Nuffkins because he wasn't in the first entrance collection. It's also not fully processed yet so wait a bit if you wanna see it in HD.

LPFWA Entrances #1 (Audio levels are all over the place, most of this has been fixed)
LPFWA Entrances #2 (anilEhilated, Mehuyael, Danaru, Big Scary Owl, Dash Rendar, kalonZombie and Nuffkins in that order)

Of course, if you turn out to be in any way unhappy with your entrance let me know and we can fix things.

Trizophenie posted:

Name: Galen Marek
Appearance:
I know this guy has to feud with Dash Rendar 100% of his spare time right now.

E: There's also a poll here in case you didn't see it yet. I think it's pretty clear what the result is gonna be by now. But if you for some reason want to you can still turn the tides.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 26, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's everything I imagined and more. :bravo:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Y'know, I'm glad you chose the ridiculous over the top joke option because that's what LPFWA is all about. But we can always compromise and you can have the assless chaps, the hat and the fancy shirt. If you really really REALLY want it.

But for now I have compiled all the entrances so far. The first video is already a week or so old and features entrances of those were in the first show.
The second one features what I have of you guys so far and also Nuffkins because he wasn't in the first entrance collection. It's also not fully processed yet so wait a bit if you wanna see it in HD.

LPFWA Entrances #1 (Audio levels are all over the place, most of this has been fixed)
LPFWA Entrances #2 (anilEhilated, Mehuyael, Danaru, Big Scary Owl, Dash Rendar, kalonZombie and Nuffkins in that order)

Of course, if you turn out to be in any way unhappy with your entrance let me know and we can fix things.

I know this guy has to feud with Dash Rendar 100% of his spare time right now.

Aww yeah, I see my namesake got his hands on hair-clipping technology!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

Oh my god the jacket has coat tails :allears:

Is it too late to change my entrance theme? I never realized just how long that build up was, and it doesn't work super well.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Danaru posted:

Oh my god the jacket has coat tails :allears:

Is it too late to change my entrance theme? I never realized just how long that build up was, and it doesn't work super well.

I can either cut the intro or you can pick another song.
If you want any adjustments made It's basically never too late.

Not like WWE Superstars never change their gimmicks and entrances.

anilEhilated posted:

It's everything I imagined and more. :bravo:
Your dude has weird extra ears in his hair and they are not intentional. They are, and this is no joke, a side effect of the enhanced neckbeard (the part with the hair has those ears as well). I tried to hide them with hair at first but then I found the haircut he has now and I just couldn't not pick that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

IGgy IGsen posted:

Same here, don't want to risk blocked videos (or silenced streams) Please pick another song.

Stuff like soundtracks, remixes and non-major label tracks are usually fine but really well known songs or pop music tends to cause problems. I mean, I'm glad Roundabout didn't get us blocked anywhere so far. I just may try some of those songs regardless and upload them in a test video. But to be on the safe side please offer me an alternate track.

Also: I didn't skip anyone because their ideas sucked. I skipped them because I don't do them in order.

Alternate track,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1cdxB_25y0

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Iggy, what's the status on my CAW? :shobon:

(you might need to refer back to my application post, I changed some things since first applying)

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 26, 2015

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Jesus Mehuyael, your entrance is like they're introducing a Final Fantasy villain.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

I can either cut the intro or you can pick another song.
If you want any adjustments made It's basically never too late.

Not like WWE Superstars never change their gimmicks and entrances.

No the intro itself is great, I just never noticed how long the build up in the actual song itself is, it barely gets to the good bits by the time the intro's over :v:

Let's give this a shot instead

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BFC posted:

Jesus Mehuyael, your entrance is like they're introducing a Final Fantasy villain.

That's pretty much the idea. Though the music's from Symphonia.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
My shambling, shuffling entrance to Courtney Gears is amazing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

My shambling, shuffling entrance to Courtney Gears is amazing.

Bits of the entrance sync up really well, it's incredible.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Pyroi posted:

Name: Pyroi
Your Twitter: @Pyroi
Appearance: King Dedede
Type: Heavy Hitter
Signature Moves: I don't know wrestling, so whatever has the most punch behind it. At least one literal punch?
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht1VAtHse6s
Hometown / Country: Parts Unknown
Announcer Name: KING TRIPLE D
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: A heel who tries to get other wrestlers to do his matches for him.

There's still things I may tweak but overall this is pretty close to Dedede. The weird belt thing is a star because I have to use shapes the game provides. And freaking filled in triangles are not among them.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Iggy, what's the status on my CAW? :shobon:

(you might need to refer back to my application post, I changed some things since first applying)

Lizard Wizard posted:

Name: Lizard Wizard
Your Twitter: @pwnmanexe
Appearance: Swole, sinister topless lizardman as pictured here. Jewelry all over the place.
Type: Fast. Leaning towards annoyance more than anything, and probably some throws?
Signature Moves: Shining wizard
Entrance Music: http://tindeck.com/listen/othi
Hometown/Country: The Wizardlands
Announcer Name: LIZ WIZ DOT BIZ
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Not of this world, Lizard Wizard is out of touch as hell and firmly believes any and all technology to be some form of magic device; thus, he is fascinated by the dumbest poo poo. Easily swayed by the prospect of magical items, meaning he's probably easy enough to trick if you convince him something is magic and that he wants it.
So, I don't think you changed anything I've actually gotten around to doing yet. I think it was stuff regarding the moveset and that's usually one of the last things I do (after the Entrance). I only did the appearance so far and uh... just look.

This is the most lizard-like I could manage. Which is to say it's not lizard-like at all. If you're not happy with it it's not too late to change. (It never really is, this applies to everybody, of course.)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If you want a really good Dedede CAW, VGCW's developmental show has one that I imagine is up on the servers somewhere.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

So, I don't think you changed anything I've actually gotten around to doing yet. I think it was stuff regarding the moveset and that's usually one of the last things I do (after the Entrance). I only did the appearance so far and uh... just look.

This is the most lizard-like I could manage. Which is to say it's not lizard-like at all. If you're not happy with it it's not too late to change. (It never really is, this applies to everybody, of course.)

Haha yikes. I have a backup in mind, lemme PM you about it before clogging up the thread.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

If you want a really good Dedede CAW, VGCW's developmental show has one that I imagine is up on the servers somewhere.

This is what turned up and I'm not sure if it's better or worse. (The mouth is probably the thing it really does better???. and that's one of the things I may still work on actually. The eyes are another thing I could tweak. I keep forgetting that I can get that by using some of the basic shapes the game has. But if Pyroi prefers that version I'll try to steal it if it's freely available.)

Lizard Wizard posted:

Haha yikes. I have a backup in mind, lemme PM you about it before clogging up the thread.

All right, I'll attend to that tomorrow, though. It's bed time for me now!

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 26, 2015

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Can Goons who haven't done LPs submit CAWs?
'Cause here's mine:

Name:Immortan Joe
Appearance:
Type :Brawler
Signature move:Nothing specific,just something really brutal and underhanded
Finishing move:See above
Entrance Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgYnKu8RYAU
Hometown/country:Brisbane,Australia
Announcer name:Immortal Joe
Gimmick: He's a giant Heel who tries to get the other Heels to join his army,but he finds their efforts mediocre at best.

If I can't submit a CAW,I'll gladly delete him.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 27, 2015

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

IGgy IGsen posted:

(The mouth is probably the thing it really does better???)

Gee, thanks for that.

Edit: King DeDeDe was one of my early CAWs, I used almost no custom logos when making him.

You should use some of those, by the way, they're A lot of fun

P.S. add Slowbeef as Ridley

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

IGgy IGsen posted:

This is what turned up and I'm not sure if it's better or worse. (The mouth is probably the thing it really does better???. and that's one of the things I may still work on actually. The eyes are another thing I could tweak. I keep forgetting that I can get that by using some of the basic shapes the game has. But if Pyroi prefers that version I'll try to steal it if it's freely available.)

Yeah, the one you made looks a whole lot less...terrifying, I believe is the word. Don't go with this horrifying monster.

• Locked thread