Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Actually, one thing I kinda forgot to ask about when the show was on - what's my signature and finisher moves? I let the whole thing up to Iggy since I know absolutely nothing about wrestling and would like some info there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Your signature move is a Backbreaker and Leg Sweep Combo.
One of your finishers is an Elbow Drop with posing beforehand you can call the Nerd Rage. The other is a body splash in the corner without any particular names.
I gotta compile a list of the finishers people have at some point if I can be bothered to.

For now I decided to make some women. We have four total now.

Eeevil posted:

Name: Eeevil
Appearance:

Type and Moves: As much like John Cena as possible.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5lrn69rOI
Hometown / Country: West Newbury, Massachussets
Announcer Name: The Prototype
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: John Cena

She has John Cena's Moveset, John Cena's Entrance and I even gave her John Cena's Twitter since you didn't give one.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Non-LPers are welcome, you said? Good.

Name: DivineCoffeeBinge
Gender: Female. I am secure enough to have a lady avatar! Besides, we need more Kawaii performers.
Your Twitter: --
Appearance: Essentially "Emma in hipster glasses and a Starbucks and/or Dunkin' Donuts employee uniform"
Type: High flying, high speed, high risk, low accuracy. Going for the Macho Man Elbow while her opponent is still standing, that sort of thing. Twitchy as hell.
Finishing Move(s): The Espresso Shot (Shiranui finisher); Hold The Foam (Boston Crab submission finisher)
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ktIMJ-Grk
Hometown / Country: Shangri-La
Announcer Name: D C B (alternately, "Immortal Caffeine Princess," which I find hilarious)
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Face(ish), highly caffeinated at all times, twitchy as gently caress, voted Most Likely To Be Distracted By The TitanTron

That's not actually a Starbucks Logo, just something that may or may not look like it at a glance.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

IGgy IGsen posted:

She has John Cena's Moveset, John Cena's Entrance and I even gave her John Cena's Twitter since you didn't give one.

The shirt's supposed to say "SPOILER: I WIN" but other than that this looks fine. Nice touch with the twitter.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Ah okay. I'll fix that. Couldn't read the shirt.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
So I've uploaded my guy with the keyword LPFWA, it's Frederick Hope. Of course, this tells you nothing about the actual gimmick and whatnot, so

Finishing Move(s): They are a Consequence (Aka the Kinikku Buster from Ultimate Muscle because I am a giant nerd) and a Tombstone Piledriver, but I don't have catchy names for them.
Entrance Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR7JZbdONs (I didn't know how to do this bit soooo yeah)
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Incredibly friendly guy who is just super happy to be here. Face, but so well-meaning and eager to please that all someone would need to do is ask nicely for him to do heel stuff. Likes his hair and his home-made Homestar Runner top, and will be mad if anyone insults either.

I hope this isn't too crap, just something I threw together and thought might be fun.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hattie Masters posted:

So I've uploaded my guy with the keyword LPFWA, it's Frederick Hope. Of course, this tells you nothing about the actual gimmick and whatnot, so

Finishing Move(s): They are a Consequence (Aka the Kinikku Buster from Ultimate Muscle because I am a giant nerd) and a Tombstone Piledriver, but I don't have catchy names for them.
Entrance Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR7JZbdONs (I didn't know how to do this bit soooo yeah)
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Incredibly friendly guy who is just super happy to be here. Face, but so well-meaning and eager to please that all someone would need to do is ask nicely for him to do heel stuff. Likes his hair and his home-made Homestar Runner top, and will be mad if anyone insults either.

I hope this isn't too crap, just something I threw together and thought might be fun.

He beat the Undertaker in a test match. Don't worry about your idea being "too crap" or whatever. Firstly: It isn't. But LPFWA is also in part about combining a bunch of really bad ideas. LPFWA itself is a bad idea that came about when I was really drunk once.
Schir, Junpei and myself finished recording some dumb retsupurae type video that was very bad so we don't talk about that. After that we hung out in the call we had going and Junpei decided it would be a good idea to introduce us to VGCW. And I decided it would be a good idea to drink. Later I decided it would be a good idea to buy WWE '13 (at the time) and start a fake wrestling promotion.

And that's the story of how I bought a Wrestling game while drunk. And I didn't even buy it to play it. This is also where the "IGgy is drunk" gimmick came from.

And here we have some more entrances. I realized that I didn't post the entrances of any of the women we had so far so they are in there as well.
LPFWA Entrances #4 (Cutie McFluffybottom, Aurora, Eeevil, DivingCoffeeBinge and Frederick Hope)

Action Shakespeare posted:

Oh man I've been sitting on a number of CAWs for a while now, here's a sampling of some stuff I will upload right after I'm done posting:
I noticed you uploaded all of those. If you wanna join in you'll need to pick one of those and fill in the relevant stuff from the form. Y'know, the stuff that doesn't get transmitted when uploading a character. And of course the name you wanna use.

Also: I'm happy to announce LPFWA Network for only $9.99!!!

Or rather, I made the first fake banner ad type thing that can go under the video. If you have any ideas I may draw your attention to this paragraph from the op. I'd really like for the below-video area to become a little more interesting

quote:

The way I set up the stream there's a little bit of dead space under the video. If you want you can create banners to fill that space. These can be joke ads that fit into the universe or not, for instance, or other stuff you find funny. It can also be an actual "ad" for... your Let's Play thread, your Bandcamp page, your blog, your face, your whatever. As long as it comes in banner form, is in good taste and not exceedingly hideous I will allow it and put it in the rotation. Just make sure it's 950 x 185 pixels.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 1, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Regarding how LPFWA was made, it should be noted that I encouraged Iggy to purchase a video game under the influence while Schir frantically tried to tell him "no this is a bad idea".

Basically what I'm saying is listening to me leads to great things.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

IGgy IGsen posted:

And here we have some more entrances. I realized that I didn't post the entrances of any of the women we had so far so they are in there as well.
LPFWA Entrances #4 (Cutie McFluffybottom, Aurora, Eeevil, DivingCoffeeBinge and Frederick Hope)

IGgy, you do good work.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey, did you skip pootybutt's wrestler? :colbert:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I don't do them in order. There are a couple people I skipped for the time being for no real reason. Just depends on my mood at the time. I have everyone in a txt file though to make sure I don't forget anybody.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Schir frantically tried to tell him "no this is a bad idea".

Basically what I'm saying is listening to me leads to great things.

I agree with my past self. All of this was a terrible idea. :colbert:

Good fun, though.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
Right, here's a submission to make another tag team, me and KalonZombie will be tagging together.

Name: Heavenator
Twitter: @TheHeavenator
Appearance: Lean, long blond hair, kinda angelic-ish if you can do anything like that. Attired similar to Kalon..
Type: High Flyer
Signature Moves: Some real flashy move off the top turnbuckle.
Finisher: Does the game have a shooting star press in it? If not then a 450? I dunno something where he does flips and poo poo.
Enterance Music: Tag team with kalon, so same as his.
Hometown: Shangri-La
Announcer Name: Heavy
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Heavenator was kicked out of heaven for being a big jerk, and having bad video game opinions. Tag teaming with Kalon as (literal) monster heels, both are very vain. If possible my enterance should have me running around and being much more energetic than kalon.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 2, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

The Heavenator posted:

Right, here's a submission to make another tag team, me and KalonZombie will be tagging together.

Name: Heavenator
Twitter: @TheHeavenator
Appearance: Lean, long blond hair, kinda angelic-ish if you can do anything like that. Attired similar to Kalon..
Type: High Flyer
Signature Moves: Some real flashy move off the top turnbuckle.
Finisher: Does the game have a shooting star press in it? If not then a 450? I dunno something where he does flips and poo poo.
Enterance Music: Tag team with kalon, so same as his.
Hometown: Shangri-La
Announcer Name: Heavy
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Heavenator was kicked out of heaven for being a big jerk, and having bad video game opinions. Tag teaming with Kalon as (literal) monster heels, both are very vain. If possible my enterance should have me running around and being much more energetic than kalon.

I approve of this matchup and, as a heel, look forward to collecting as many belts as I can. I will dominate the tourney, then take on the tag matches.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

kalonZombie posted:

I approve of this matchup and, as a heel, look forward to collecting as many belts as I can. I will dominate the tourney, then take on the tag matches.

KalonZombie, pictured here:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So Iggy, I know you and the hilarious series of glitches and bugs that was released as WWE 2k15 are writing the reality here, but I was wondering what sort of chance there was in starting a stable or suggesting tag teams in the thread. Considering I lost to a goddamn blue duck and the Prince from the Canadian production of Frozen I'd really like to get a band of anti anime people together now.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

I seriously hope you're not convinced Mad Max isn't anime as hell.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

So Iggy, I know you and the hilarious series of glitches and bugs that was released as WWE 2k15 are writing the reality here, but I was wondering what sort of chance there was in starting a stable or suggesting tag teams in the thread. Considering I lost to a goddamn blue duck and the Prince from the Canadian production of Frozen I'd really like to get a band of anti anime people together now.

: I am against all things. I will gladly assist you in your journey to rid the galaxy of this ... "anime" you speak of... If someome would include me in this loving g--
: Yo, shithead. Shut the gently caress up. Everyone hates you.

SpaceOrphan
Jan 27, 2014

This town is full of monsters!
Name:SpaceOrphan
Appearance:
Type:A mix of High Flyer and Grappler.
Signature Moves:Rey Mysterio signatures
Finishing Move:The Pedigree
Entrance Music:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqSmUQz-2o
Hometown/Country: The Good Ole' USA
Announcer Name: Space Baby
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff:Is extremely clumsy but always knows what do in a sticky situation!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
drat, Lazyfire's intro is great.

w/r/t Dash Rendar's entrance music, it was first part of an original soundtrack made to accompany the Shadows Of The Empire novel. (The relevant music starts at about 3:00, and is used in the video game). The whole Shadows thing was this big marketing multimedia project that included action figures, video games, cds, books, comic books, trading cards, micro machine figures, and more. Everything short of a feature film--though George Lucas did feel the need to add Dash Rendar's ship to the Special Edition of A New Hope, so at the very least, Dash's ship, The Outrider, is canon!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Wow, this game's character creation system lets you do a ridiculous amount of stuff. Do you have to trick the game into letting you do things like Nuffkins' hands, or is it all intended parts of the game? I might actually buy a cheap enough copy just to screw with that. I remember I had one of the much older games, Smackdown '02 I think, which let you tweak basically any dimension of your character, and I honestly spent more time making ridiculous robots, mutants and stick figures than I did playing the actual game.

SpaceOrphan
Jan 27, 2014

This town is full of monsters!

TheDarkFlame posted:

Wow, this game's character creation system lets you do a ridiculous amount of stuff. Do you have to trick the game into letting you do things like Nuffkins' hands, or is it all intended parts of the game? I might actually buy a cheap enough copy just to screw with that. I remember I had one of the much older games, Smackdown '02 I think, which let you tweak basically any dimension of your character, and I honestly spent more time making ridiculous robots, mutants and stick figures than I did playing the actual game.

That's a good chunk of the fun In a lot of wrestling games, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw and WWE 12 you could play through a storyline with a created character, so you can have a large mutant baby main event wrestlemania.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

SpaceOrphan posted:

Name:SpaceOrphan
Appearance:

Now that is an excellent choice.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

Sure, you.can suggest st yo stuff like tag teams. Only problem is that getting tag entrances to work requires some unholy ritual. So a team or stable might just be a few dudes coming to the ring individually.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Leebo, buddy, I did it! They doubted me, but I came out on top the other night.
Sir, you lost.
I didn't lose anything.
The match? You didn't lose the match?
Oh, whatever, I let'em win--but look, thirty dollars!
Uh--
We got a job, buddy! Dash is back on top!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

IGgy IGsen posted:

Sure, you.can suggest st yo stuff like tag teams. Only problem is that getting tag entrances to work requires some unholy ritual. So a team or stable might just be a few dudes coming to the ring individually.

:
Followers! You all know me, and you know my reputation. Who was it that killed Machine Gun Dogma's entire crew with just a blunted hand axe? Who delivered over 1000 liters of pure gasoline and a dozen new slaves when we destroyed the Lower Oasis Tribe just last month? IT WAS ME! Today I come before you with a new enemy, a new conquest. Dogs of war, we are going to crush the Animes. For too long this tribe of sniveling kittens and degenerates have lived in a fantasy world where there are forests and magic instead of deserts and pain! They are soft, they are weak! They haven't spent hard years in the wastes fighting off the likes of the Southern Hemisphere Shaolin and the Flattop Busters! They live in comfort and luxury. They go to "school" and have "friends," though I'm told the last part is more likely a lie. Just a few days ago I encountered one of these Animes and even after being attacked by him and another I showed him the power of your Lord Humongous! I know of the gang these Animes run with, they call themselves the LPFWA. They travel the wastes setting up shows in the settlements like Barter Town, Moll's Knob and Dead Creek entertaining the fools who believe they will be able to bring back their precious civilization! I say we follow their little show and take out these Animes slowly, painfully. I SAY WE SHOW THEM NO MERCY! I SAY WE RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR THEIR MAGNA, LAY IT AT THEIR FEET AND SET IT ABLAZE LIKE WE DID THE CHRISTMEN IN STONEVILLE! AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT I SAY GOES!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

Name: Yeezus
Appearance:

Dress up Kanye West as Jesus
Type: Start a Fight Club, Brad Reputation (brawler)
Signature Moves: Mud Hole Stomps in the corner
Finishing Move(s): Ken anderson- Mic Check (Reverse STO)
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLx11xq6X7Q
Hometown / Country: Chicago, Illinois
Announcer Name: The Immortal Chicago God
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPsGV3HpZQ

Went by the image and made the robes red. Closest to kinda Jesus-like robes I got. I would also again ask you to change the song. Even if it makes the gimmick meaningless. See the entrance video below. It's kinda weird how it works.

Simsmagic posted:

Name: Simsmagic
Your Twitter: @Simsmagic
Appearance: As much of a fish as you can possibly make using the character creator.
Type: High-Flyer I guess? I don't really know what's available.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPBlX1gF94
Hometown / Country: Atlantis
Announcer Name: The Unstoppable Pisces
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Literally thinks he's a fish on a quest to do battle with the surface dwellers. Desperately wants to be a face.

This is the most fish I could make a person. Not much. But something.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Name: LORD OF BUTT
Your Twitter: @lordofbutt54
Appearance:

Mac (middle) + sunglasses if possible
Type: Grappler
Signature Moves: Anything that fits.
Finishing Move(s): Some sort of Stone Cold Stunner variation. Whichever looks best.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlcSVP-BAWA
Hometown / Country: Asgard
Announcer Name: THE EAGLE BARBARIAN
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Half man, half eagle. All barbarian.

Couldn't get the feathery arms and the beak right. So I added actual wings. I also forgot to set the Sunglasses to be an object displayed during entrances, so the Entrance video below doesn't have the sunglasses. I've added them by now, though.

Pomp posted:

Name: Pomp
Appearance: Buff dude in a halter top and wrestling undies. poo poo green lipstick, and a lip ring. High heels or the most stripper-y boots, if that's possible. Undercut for hair.
Type: Grappler
Signature Moves: Whatever you think is good
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_2snD9nrY&t=45s
Hometown / Country: Mount Olympus
Announcer Name: THE KILLER QUEEN
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: From what I've seen, it's possible for men to have the animation set of a woman. I want that very much thank you.

Unfortunately there are quite a few articles of clothing exclusive to females. So this is the closest to a halter top I could find. The really stripperiffic boots are also exclusive to Divas. High Heels were possible, though. I don't know why the game even draws a line if it's so blurry. You also have to pick a different song. That one's so copyrighted I can't even get it. I picked a song for now but you will probably still want to pick a replacement yourself.

And here we have the entrance video. Now this one's weird. It's blocked in Germany. The game picks up both of the copyrighted songs. So, I use the "remove this song" feature youtube provides. I had youtube create versions of the video with either song removed. Neither of those songs are blocked anywhere. Is anyone aware of blocks only being issued if multiple songs from different copyright holders are being used? Anyway, here's three versions.
LPFWA Entrances 5 (Blocked in Germany)
LPFWA Entrances 5 (Kanye Song filtered out)
LPFWA Entrances 5 (Ding Ding Dong filtered out)
Youtube does a decent enough job filtering the music while leaving voices intact, I'd still prefer not to have to let youtube filter songs out if I can avoid it, so please ZenVulgarity pick another song. Pomp, I could not even errr, get yours because it was copyrighted so hard. The replacement I got for sake of showing off the entrance got flagged as well. Would be cool if you could pick another one too just to avoid the video being blocked anywhere. Especially in Germany, where I live. I wont use either character until we have music that won't get any video blocked anywhere. Even if it only happens in combination with other flags.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 3, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lmao that was the last thing I expected to be copyrighted so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAH9W2zhOJQ

If somehow that is also blocked then uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Egf1OZ1CuE

no name local artist should be safe right? :shobon:

He looks perfect, btw

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Soundtracks are completely fine most of the time. Other songs can be blocked for a variety of reasons. Most of the time it's some big copyright firm's fault while some artists prefer to not make their songs available in some regions. The video itself wasn't even blocked. It would have been the perfect entrance theme. It just flat out won't let me use it apparently.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Haven't been able to catch any of the streams live, but it looks like I'm kicking lots of rear end so far! All you gophers out there better step up your game.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

InterrupterJones posted:

All you gophers out there better step up your game.

"Step up" my game? Pfft. I'm the best, but if you want me to step it up, you're going to have to pay. I don't fight well for free.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Much like the common Gopher, of the family Geomyidae, you sport a pocket, Jones. Yours isn't in your cheeks, however.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Looks like I'm not too late to get in on the kind-of ground floor here, so here's my submission (ha ha, wrestling puns!):

Name: Eclectic Tastes
Your Twitter: N/A
Appearance: Take a pasty-faced, bespectacled nerd, dress him like a pimp, then throw him into a paint store explosion. If the big coat won't work in the ring, a cape will do nicely. Overweight, but not by a ton.
Type: High Flyer/Grappler, the higher the chance his moves will injure himself or his opponent, the more likely his is to use them. He will avoid submissions as much as possible, preferring slams and throws first and foremost, with strikes after that.
Signature Moves: Whatever the most dangerous/convoluted variants on the hurricanrana, DDT, moonsault, piledriver, shiranui, muscle buster, flying (insert move here), and so on are in this game, I don't know which variants, specifically, are available, or how many "slots" there are for Signatures. If the Bronco Buster is available, make sure that's on the list, too.
Finishing Move(s): The most overdesigned, complex springboard maneuver possible. The risk of paralysis should be considerable.
Entrance Music: Is "One Step Beyond" by Madness available where you are? If not, whatever you can find along the same lines.
Hometown / Country: Boston
Announcer Name: "Groovy Disaster" Joe Brown
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: He behaves like a Face, but the other wrestlers can't stand him because he's clearly going to get someone (if not himself) seriously hurt at some point. He treats the whole "wrestling" thing as some sort of extended, avant-garde joke, using a form of irony only understood by the most insufferable of hipsters. The crowd is generally divided on whether he's funny or annoying, and whether his moveset is awesome or obnoxious, but he's often booked against Heels when the management wants the crowd to be able to root for the Heel guilt-free, so that's a good indication of how they feel about him. He also prefers gimmick matches, specifically those that make it more visually dynamic at the cost of making it far more dangerous. He's always wanted to perform a Frankensteiner from the top of the cage. Oddly enough, not particularly egotistical, outside of typical wrestler posturing, but he's quick to knock just about anyone else down a peg if they start bragging.
Entrance: All the pyrotechnics, all of them. Under the big screen, sides of the walkway, ringside, crowdside if there's any there, the works. The actual animations should be pretty exuberant and showboaty, the more it looks like he's gonna break his neck midway through with all his jumping around (but somehow manages not to), the better. Also if there's anything besides pyrotechnics that would make the entrance more expensive (props, wire-fu, lasers, etc.), include those.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 28, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
All right, I'll get in on this.

Name: Fred Sloniker
Your Twitter: n/a
Appearance: Take the outfit from here, then wrap it around somebody who's kind of short and very heavy. Not super fat, but with a bit of a belly. If you can make him super heavy without him looking like Andre the Giant (like, dense), that'd be great. Unlike Pyroi, he still looks human, though; it's an outfit, not some sort of unholy genetic experiment. Despite his country of origin, does not look Japanese.
Type: Focus on simple, powerful punches and throws. Also likes to grab stuff to conk the other guy with. Avoid kicking moves, grapples, and anything super technical.
Signature Moves: Striking spear, over the shoulder arm drag, and whatever 'grab opponent's face and throw them backward' would be called. I dunno. I just cruise Wikipedia.
Finishing Move(s): Gorilla press drop, followed by a seated senton. If you can make the latter look as perfunctory as possible--like my guy decided to take a seat and the other wrestler just happened to be there--that'd be great.
Entrance Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNeCfP0sY9U
Hometown / Country: The Land of the Rising Sun
Announcer Name: Walter D
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: A very worksman-like wrestler; he walks to the ring casually, waves at a few fans (but not boisterously), gets in the ring, crushes his opponent (ideally), waves at the fans, then walks out. The sort of guy you figure is punching a time clock just off stage. Mostly a face, aside from the whole object conking thing.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 24, 2015

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Okay I went and bought a cheap copy of the game, currently tooling around with the character creator and other stuff of that ilk. So far I've discovered a couple of basic things. Firstly, customising faces is really hard unless you want the ugliest face possible, in which case just go wild; and secondly, making logos is worse than anything because it involves drawing in MSPaint with a PS3 controller. Still fun seeing what you can accomplish and trying to recreate stuff. Currently I've got a fairly standard goth dude, but I'm going to see if I can make this any more interesting before I post it proper. Unless we already have a gothic dude, in which case, uh, I dunno, maybe I can call it a passable test run.

Iggy, anything I should know about this system before I carry on? And if I screw up something or forget anything important, do you mind fixing it at all?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Here's a match card for Saturday! Tournament goes on but we also have some other matches.

1. Triple Threat Elimination Falls Count Anywhere (If Fruity defeats someone they get the Buscus)
Fruitsniffer vs. Zore vs. Junpei Hyde

2. Tag Team Match (Midnightlight is slightly injured due to being very surprised at Punchy appearing last time in his match. Twisted his ankle)
Face and Dash Rendar vs. Lazyfire and WhoeverLazyfire can find

3. Triple Threat Elimination First Blood
Atsl vs. Jobbo Fett vs. Schir

4. One on One
DivineCoffeeBinge vs. Eeevil

5. Triple Threat Elimination Finisher Match
Talcott Cargo vs. Nuffkins vs. Big Scary Owl

6. One on One (decides who moves on in the tournament, Stand vs. Stand Master!)
Punchy vs. Loki

TheDarkFlame posted:

Iggy, anything I should know about this system before I carry on?
Things just happen, there's nothing you can do about it. Just roll with it.
In the original run we had someone have a weird glitchy mass coming from their stomach. We decided to call it the stomach laser and it became that wrestlers secret weapon.
Other than that I don't think there's much that can go wrong. If I do notice some missing things (I don't think the game lets you miss things though) I'll make sure to... "fix" that.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 4, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

2. Tag Team Match (Midnightlight is slightly injured due to being very surprised at Punchy appearing last time in his match. Twisted his ankle)
Face and Dash Rendar vs. Lazyfire and WhoeverLazyfire can find

I volunteer as tribute to be Lazyfire's partner! Walter Dee is always happy to help.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

I volunteer as tribute to be Lazyfire's partner! Walter Dee is always happy to help.

You know, I would but I haven't made you yet (also, looking at your application I don't know if I can make that hat the way you want. Art on hats can't be resized or moved and it's usually tiny)

It'll be the debut of one of the new guys I made since last show, though.
E: That team-up will also be a one time thing. It's not an actual Tag team yet, I'll start on that stuff after the Tournament is over, because then we'll actually have room for that.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 4, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Disappointed my match isn't flaming tables. Oh well, I'll just have to win. Then one of my later matches can be that. How hard can it be to fight a penguin and a wannabe rapper? I just threw a penguin wrapper in the rubbish bin!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

You know, I would but I haven't made you yet (also, looking at your application I don't know if I can make that hat the way you want. Hat on hats can't be resized or moved and it's usually tiny)

How about a bandana, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Disappointed my match isn't flaming tables. Oh well, I'll just have to win. Then one of my later matches can be that. How hard can it be to fight a penguin and a wannabe rapper? I just threw a penguin wrapper in the rubbish bin!

Actually your opponent is not a Penguin but a ninja. I hosed up and accidentally put the wrong contestant in the match card. It's fixed now. Have fun fighting a ninja.

FredMSloniker posted:

How about a bandana, then?

That's gonna be much easier to accomplish, yeah.

• Locked thread