Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I, for one, wish to wish all the best to our LP Superstar champion Nuffkins, AKA THE NUFFSTER, WHO PICKED UP THE 7 TONNE PUNCHY THE GIANT, SLAMMED HIM, THEN DROPPED THE LEG FOR THE 1-2-3 TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE SILVERDOME, BROTHER!

E: ^Yeah, Pizza Golem was great. Disclaimer, don't let me design your character unless you want to be an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Also, Iggy, you forgot the one true poll option: A tournament where dice rolls determine match types.

With flaming tables as one of the options. :getin:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Danaru posted:

This option should never be off.

Also IMPORTANT CHARACTER CREATION QUESTION: Is it possible to comprise a move set almost entirely out of throwing moves? Winning isn't a priority, I just want to be a human trebuchet.

There's a lot of throwing moves, yeah.

Also, I hope there are some PSP goons here, because some of the poo poo in the TEW Monday Night Wars thread would be great. Like J. Brian Warrior, THE ULTIMATE LAWYER.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Mehuyael posted:

Name: Mehuyael
Your Twitter: n/a
Appearance: Like an Aryan Übermensch, with long straight blond hair. Has the Israeli flag somewhere
Type: I'm not really big on wrestling terminology except for a couple basics.. I'd say he'd go for cheap power moves if you catch my drift.
Signature Moves: No idea.
Finishing Move(s): The Bulldozer
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHq8bMQKeeA
Hometown / Country: Israel
Announcer Name: The Heavenly Disaster
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Considers himself a Face, but acts like a Heel. Doesn't understand why people don't like him even though he's such a great guy.

Israel isn't Iraq at all but you've reminded me that there's an Iraqi flag entrance in 2K14. Someone definitely needs to use that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Watched bits of show 1, and I'd say the music could stand to be a bit louder. As it is I can barely hear it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I just realised that the gimmicks of the people already on the roster may not be apparent, so here's lowdown on my dude.

As far as old LPFWA goes, all you need to know is there were two Junpeis, one male who looked like Junpei from 999, and a female who was super duper anime as gently caress. Like, some kawaii rear end poo poo, man. They're one person now, because reasons. Male Junpei is the one mostly in control. Mostly. Female Junpei (otherwise known as Kawaii Junpei or Jumpy Chan) still exists as the voice inside his head trying to corrupt him into becoming an anime. Again. Which sucks for him, because he's not even super into anime. Anime, to him is, and I quote, "OK, I guess." However, the influence of Kawaii Junpei can be too great sometimes, as seen in the shirt and entrance theme. He just wants to be a responsible moderator (I mod the original forum this came from, all none of you who care), but that can be hard when people consider you the biggest weaboo on the planet.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I can't believe you posted this on SA you dork

You're just upset that more people saw you fall before THE NUFFSTER, BROTHER!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Raramuffin posted:

One day I'll get that title back. We all know who the true kawaii champion is. B<

Kawaii Junpei isn't actively wrestling though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kadorhal posted:

IGgy please force him to be my Face's tag partner once the thing with Midnightlight inevitably falls through.

Also, out of curiosity, is there a finisher called the Hangman's DDT in the game? If that custom thing I suggested on LPF doesn't work out so well I might want to switch to that, but I haven't really played any WWF/WWE games since the third SmackDown one so I don't know how long they may have kept poo poo like that around.

I know a bunch of animations date back to the PS2 era at least, so it's probably in there.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I feel the need to point out that our roster is sorely lacking in two areas: women and tag teams. As it is right now, we have two women and only one permanent tag team (me and Iggy/BNF is not a proper/official team). Our female roster will hopefully be padded out by some kind goonettes (or mangoons can submit a girl character). As for tag teams, I'd recommend you guys coming up with some! All you need is a team dynamic and (not needed but preferable) a lovely pun for a name! Like, I dunno, maybe Owl Man and Mr. Neckbeard can be the Nerds of a Feather or something (just my own bad example.)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kadorhal posted:

The debut of my character in the original LPFWA had his AI bug out and refuse to tag in for his partner. If Dash ends up leaving Face to fight a tag match on his own because he was only paid to walk down to the ring with him and not to wrestle, it would honestly be too appropriate.

To elaborate, whenever his partner went to their corner to make a tag, Kad literally jumped off the apron to prevent it.

But that was Ladorhal, not Kadorhal.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Iggy, you had a video put together of (at the time) all the entrances, right? Maybe you should post that here, along with one for the CAWs done after. I think it'd be nice for people to see their dudes in motion.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

My shambling, shuffling entrance to Courtney Gears is amazing.

Bits of the entrance sync up really well, it's incredible.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If you want a really good Dedede CAW, VGCW's developmental show has one that I imagine is up on the servers somewhere.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Eeevil posted:

Name: Eeevil
Appearance:

Type and Moves: As much like John Cena as possible.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5lrn69rOI
Hometown / Country: West Newbury, Massachussets
Announcer Name: The Prototype
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: John Cena

Perfect.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Mehuyael posted:

Just a question, can you put the same word in the narrated name multiple times? If so how would King D D D sound?

KING

DEE

DEE

DEEEEEEE!

Roughly. The announcer always exxagarates the last word.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Emma from NXT maybe?

I would assume that, yeah. I'd link a PIC but I'm phone posting.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Just gonna leave my predictions. The survivors will be Sterv, Lazyfire, Dash, Punchy, Junpei, Jones, Jobbo and Owl.

I will beat Sterv, Jones will interrupt Lazyfire, Dash will beat Jobbo and Owl will beat Punchy.

Me and Punchy will win in the semifinals, and then I will be crowned champion in what is sure to be the most anime match ever seen.

E: Why is Jones fighting for the buscus? He's undefeated and I thought we sent jobbers to fight for it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Mehuyael posted:

Yeah I kind of gave up on seeing Meh win anything here when I saw he's going against Dash. But who knows, a possible scenario is Dash and Meh ignoring anil until Dash beats Meh, but Dash is weakened just enough for anil to sneak a victory out of nowhere.

This is how 90% of the elimination 3 ways I've seen in VGCW go. Although the finisher elimination matches should at least ensure the winner somewhat earns it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

: Oh boy, can't wait for tomorrow! I'll get to know exactly who I'm beating in round 2! Jumpy may be annoying, but she can give some good pointers! Huh? What was that? Fighting... spirit? Do I have to beat up a ghost?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rated 5. The thread is complete now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

BFC posted:

We're just getting started.

I know. We still have the postgame.

(Seriously though, didn't catch the stream. Did the game display Punchy as Loki? If so, WWE 2K14 IN STORES NOW!)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Look, he really wants that loving title, OK?

Punchy vs Loki to determine who progresses is necessary now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm gonna request fan art of Loki and Punchy in Jojos poses now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Regarding how LPFWA was made, it should be noted that I encouraged Iggy to purchase a video game under the influence while Schir frantically tried to tell him "no this is a bad idea".

Basically what I'm saying is listening to me leads to great things.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Disappointed my match isn't flaming tables. Oh well, I'll just have to win. Then one of my later matches can be that. How hard can it be to fight a penguin and a wannabe rapper? I just threw a penguin wrapper in the rubbish bin!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

My wearing sunglasses is an acceptable substitute for flaming tables. For now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pyroi posted:

Hold on, you're a waddle few? I'm King Dedede! We should team up to seize the tag team belt!

The Dreamland Express.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Predictions for the singles matches:

Eeevil will OVERCOME THE ODDS AND HIT THE MALEVOLENT MODIFICATION FOR THE WIN RAPADOOOOOO...

Punchy will punch Loki's face in.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah, just strategically place the tag entrances.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

: Hey guys! I just came up with a great joke! OK, so a rapper and a ninja walk into my fist...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I at least avoided the buscus. Also good on Eeevil for overcoming the odds.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lousy Performance? Fuckin' Whatever, rear end in a top hat.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Larry, Please Fight, Willies Await. (Warning: You do need Archives to see this link, but I think we all remember the legend of Radical Larry)

Someone please alert simosimo to this thread. Radical Larry's legend needs to live on. Woe betide those who suggest he get a haircut.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

Oh man I can't believe I won! I'm so excited! I wonder if the crowd liked me? I tried my best to show off the moves I learned from Papa Owl. I have to try my best to win, but also to entertain! That is the spirit of wrestling! But what if it was beginners' luck? I have to train more for the next tournament match!

Not gonna lie, even though I only watched the youtube video, I still got pumped when my character started fighting. I was also expecting Nuffkins to win because it looked like he took less damage. By the way, what are the stats for the characters like? Are they all maxed out? In the old PS2 WWE games the CAWs had really low stats that you had to increase during season mode. Is that still true?

You just manually set the stats to whatever you want. Dunno what Iggy sets them to.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I support Jade as long as it's literally Jade from WVGCW.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Two flaming table matches that don't involve me? Bullshit.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Look he just gave me a hug in celebration of losing the buscus and I wanted to give him a nice friendly pat on the back! That means I lose apparently? I demand a word with the referee!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

What kind of amiibos is Loki offering here? If he's packing Villagers and Wii Fit Trainers, I may be persuaded to help him out...

Oh, also Lucina. Gotta get all those FE characters before If comes out.

Fun fact, I actually found a Marth the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Do we have an LP Superstar #1 contender for the PPV yet?

• Locked thread