Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Which isn't so bad. I have to muffle my farts and be careful whence making GBS threads, but I generally don't need to worry about the smell.

I chose the falconry thread tag because Falcons, like her, probably don't have a great sense of smell.

If you had to choose, what senses would YOU wish your girlfriend was good at and bad at?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i was my girlfriend was good at existing `

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Ornithology in Starnberg, Germany have been studying smell-related genes in nine bird species representing seven major branches of the avian family tree. Their results indicate that many birds may have an excellent sense of smell. One of the best 'smellers' may be a large New Zealand parrot called a kakapo. The kakapo has 667 functional olfactory receptor genes, compared to about 400 in humans and 1000 in mice.

gently caress you op

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Under the blanket silent but deadlies have no effect

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Did she lose her sense of smell or was she born without it, OP?

I don't have a girlfriend, but I'll think about this.

Also, there are almost 2,000 looking at GBS now. Is that normal?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
has anybody here manually spread their butthole when in bed w a chick to allow a fart to pass silently

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Oberleutnant posted:

Scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Ornithology in Starnberg, Germany have been studying smell-related genes in nine bird species representing seven major branches of the avian family tree. Their results indicate that many birds may have an excellent sense of smell. One of the best 'smellers' may be a large New Zealand parrot called a kakapo. The kakapo has 667 functional olfactory receptor genes, compared to about 400 in humans and 1000 in mice.

gently caress you op

quote:

Best Answer (Chosen by Voter)
Birds in general do not have a good sense of smell. Their sense of hearing is much better, as birds are vocal animals, and they often rely on sound to mark their territory and to attract mates.
Cal King • 5 years

Umm, suck it?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I.C. posted:

Also, there are almost 2,000 looking at GBS now. Is that normal?

what the gently caress

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
look @ the amount of guests vs registered users

something is amiss

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Tenacious J posted:

Umm, suck it?

mhh mmm yeah rear end in a top hat i'lll trust yahoo answers over the max planck institute for ornithology

NOT

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

Tenacious J posted:

Umm, suck it?

Speaking of which, your girlfriend wouldn't be able to hear your dick cheese fermenting. And, as she can't smell it, you're in luck, OP!

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
my girlfriend has a great sense of leaving doors and drawers open, but a terrible sense of picking up garbage

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
interesting, the OPPOSITE of that deaf girlfriend that british dude had, how fascinating

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

Affe mk2 posted:

but a terrible sense of picking up garbage

You probably shouldn't complain about that too much though, Affe. Afterall, if she hadn't have hit on down at the club, if she'd have realised who/what she was picking up that night, then well.. you might not have even had the opportunity to be her boyfriend in the first place. :D   

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

my girlfriend is good at:

spending money on things for the dog i don't like
not helping w/ bills
rear ending other drivers
buying dozens of blouses on the internet that all look p much the same
watching little people, big world

she is not good at:

being aware of her surroundings
doing useful things
possessing knowledge related to practical subjects
making my life easier/better

anyway if something related to farts is your biggest problem you should probably put a ring on it b/c its all downhill from wherever you are, op

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
but how does she smell?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
My mother doesn't have a sense of smell.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i'm your uncle and op is your dad?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

i'm your uncle and op is your dad?

nope.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

number?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

That's a pretty mean thing to say about falcons, op. What the gently caress do you know about falcon smells?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

don't have it. I don't think my mother likes me very much.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm sorry OP but if a person could truly hear everything I think they'd go insane with sensory overload.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

redshirt posted:

I'm sorry OP but if a person could truly hear everything I think they'd go insane with sensory overload.
the wisdom of autism

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Zanshin posted:

You probably shouldn't complain about that too much though, Affe. Afterall, if she hadn't have hit on down at the club, if she'd have realised who/what she was picking up that night, then well.. you might not have even had the opportunity to be her boyfriend in the first place. :D   

I'm suprised to see you off probation, you must not be posting hard enough

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

you can make this better.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my gf would probably be better.off if she was blind :mrwhite:

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
So all you have to do is stop talking and you're golden. Perhaps you should practice on the forums?

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

only one guy in this thread actually knows how to use discussion forums and answered the topic question.

Maybe you guys should spend more time studying falcons, maybe you'd learn a thing or two.

Aug 4, 2010

whats it like having a gf?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Good thread thank you voted it 3

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Good at having a sense of humor. I should be able to fart as loudly as I want without someone getting upset at me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Secks Cauldron posted:

Good at having a sense of humor.

Pretty sure this isn't allowed in GBS

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

Lol yeah, I'm not annoying the masses enough, Gnarly.. besides, they just make it too easy. Like, look, first post on this page:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683343&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=247

Then first post on the next page:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683343&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=248

If one can spin it around all within one page of posts then it's far, far too easy. So, I'll give 'em a bit of a lull period, where they grow to like me.. only to reel them in just to spit 'em out again and confuse the gently caress out of them. That should make it a bit interesting at least. Just gotta find a way to get Blunt off my back, is all. :D 

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zanshin posted:

Lol yeah, I'm not annoying the masses enough, Gnarly.. besides, they just make it too easy. Like, look, first post on this page:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683343&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=247

Then first post on the next page:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683343&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=248

If one can spin it around all within one page of posts then it's far, far too easy. So, I'll give 'em a bit of a lull period, where they grow to like me.. only to reel them in just to spit 'em out again and confuse the gently caress out of them. That should make it a bit interesting at least. Just gotta find a way to get Blunt off my back, is all. :D 

I don't like you

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't like you

I don't like your new avatar.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
some day i hope to touch a woman

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zanshin posted:

I don't like your new avatar.

I don't either.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
I wish she had a better sense of touch so that she could feel my micropenis inside her vagina :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I've been reading up on "haptics".

• Locked thread