Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seriously why the gently caress are kids allowed to stay up so late these days? anyone under the age of 13 should be asleep by 7pm no excuses. modern parents are honestly loving dumb as hell and V problematic :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
there is nothing worse than a happy child

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

exspurt analcyst posted:

I live on an erstwhile quiet deadend street which is the default playground for all the kids for blocks. Noisy, but usually the nonstop trains negate that.
Also the one single dad keeps 'em playing some sport or another. Otherwise it's just supersoaker ninjas outside my door.

I would like to send my kid to your street, because I have a hard time getting him off the XBox.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
my roommate invited over her friend with a 5 year old for 4 days for the second time this month and the giggling, screaming, and singing was problematic after 2 hours. kid popping up behind me in my room cuz I didn't barricade the door, behind me nonstop in the kitchen, laundry room, the stairs. no im not gonna entertain you!!!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Kyashi posted:

my roommate invited over her friend with a 5 year old for 4 days for the second time this month and the giggling, screaming, and singing was problematic after 2 hours. kid popping up behind me in my room cuz I didn't barricade the door, behind me nonstop in the kitchen, laundry room, the stairs. no im not gonna entertain you!!!

I hate when they do that. Like, I'm an adult you little poo poo, go play with your own peers. What the hell am I gonna talk to you about ?! You can't understand the subtle nuances of The Witcher 3:Wild Hunt :mad:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
what if you're the child, op?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Bacons posted:

There's a group of children that run down the hallway in my apartment building, and it drives me to the point of complete rage.

Kids in my building do this on an iron spiral staircase its loud as gently caress. They have add or some behaviour issues were they smash up their apt regularly and I'd feel bad for their parents if they weren't shitheads as well.

I'll move somewhere nice some day :unsmith:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would move to a community or whatever with a homeowner's association that was basically 'no kids.'

I live near an elementary school and it's just screaming children constantly. That and my parking being all taken by school events. Fuckers. I just want to smoke weed on my balcony without having to slink around.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Do It Once Right posted:

Louis Armstrong as a child was also v problematic.

*~Intersectionality~*

that must have been tough. there wasn't as much acceptance for intersexuals back then

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

I would move to a community or whatever with a homeowner's association that was basically 'no kids.'

I live near an elementary school and it's just screaming children constantly. That and my parking being all taken by school events. Fuckers. I just want to smoke weed on my balcony without having to slink around.

Instead of retirement communities we need Middle Aged but dont want to deal with kids and their associated bullshit Communities

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

OP I'm dealing with a heavy duty smoker underneath me atm. I will most likely have to schedule a discussion with the manager as the fucker is doing nothing, even though I've talked to him. If you look from outside, everyone's window blinds are white - this guy's window blinds are this disgusting dark yellow with a tint of greenish grey.

Seriously I could deal with a bunch of autistic kids shrieking outside. Hell, I'd trade it with you.

I found another apartment complex in a city nearby that I like and I'll probably be put on a waiting list when I submit the forms so I still have to deal with this guy for a few months, and I won't be surprised if I don't get out for another six months. I've been here long enough that I pay month-to-month so lease agreements aren't an issue.

Honestly I wish I could speed up this motherfucker's self-fulfilling death sentence, and I say that as someone who otherwise treats smokers with respect, myself being an ex smoker.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

Shoehead posted:

Kids in my building do this on an iron spiral staircase its loud as gently caress. They have add or some behaviour issues were they smash up their apt regularly and I'd feel bad for their parents if they weren't shitheads as well.

I'll move somewhere nice some day :unsmith:

ADD appears to be rampant these days.
Sure, being a lousy parent has nothing to do with that.

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

I want to get hosed in my bitch mouth

maybe you should take a few days off

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Pastor Perineum posted:

OP I'm dealing with a heavy duty smoker underneath me atm. I will most likely have to schedule a discussion with the manager as the fucker is doing nothing, even though I've talked to him. If you look from outside, everyone's window blinds are white - this guy's window blinds are this disgusting dark yellow with a tint of greenish grey.

Seriously I could deal with a bunch of autistic kids shrieking outside. Hell, I'd trade it with you.

I found another apartment complex in a city nearby that I like and I'll probably be put on a waiting list when I submit the forms so I still have to deal with this guy for a few months, and I won't be surprised if I don't get out for another six months. I've been here long enough that I pay month-to-month so lease agreements aren't an issue.

Honestly I wish I could speed up this motherfucker's self-fulfilling death sentence, and I say that as someone who otherwise treats smokers with respect, myself being an ex smoker.

yeesh that sucks sorry to hear about it. My building recently went smoke free which is nice. I do feel kinda bad for any of the smokers having to walk all the way out of the building though but that is life

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
exeme measures are needed to deal with exemely problematic children.

Run to the edge of the pool wearing nothing but dirty underwear, waving a big bottle of liquor and scream gibberish at them until they leave.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Instead of retirement communities we need Middle Aged but dont want to deal with kids and their associated bullshit Communities

Professional/middle-class young adult communities. 24+ only, no kids.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Moridin920 posted:

Gays only

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mad Monk posted:

Gays only

can i still live there if i post "Im Gay" on the internet a lot?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Each individual appartment should be a little insulated bunker safe from outside and inside noise.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hedonists only.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
SImple Solution:

As an adult male you dive bomb into the pool at full speed.
You accidentally land on the kids.
This kills the kids.
You go back to bed.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

exspurt analcyst posted:

Otherwise it's just supersoaker ninjas outside my door.
I know we're supposed to be bitching about kids here but that sounds fun.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
upstairs neighbor has a kid that I can hear running around upstairs all the time

doesn't really bother me but I am confused as to why I can hear a tiny human more than like anyone else up there that weighs what like 5 times as much

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
children are the future and the future must be destroyed

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

op is the duggar boy

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

plenty of drunken 20something shitheads, theyre basically just full grown children

30+

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

bitcoin bastard posted:

op is the duggar boy

na:dr

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I thought better of you I thought you were nice Nooner what happened

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

sugar free jazz posted:

I thought better of you I thought you were nice Nooner what happened

loud and rowdy children have turned me into a monster ):

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I am sorry to hear that I hope you get better soon

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i really like kids.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I don't care about the yelling or anything like that. I just hate when they try to touch you and they always have sticky hands.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Dungeon Ecology posted:

kids react to goatse

i would watch this youtube

dv8
May 25, 2015

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.

The Human Crouton posted:

I don't care about the yelling or anything like that. I just hate when they try to touch you and they always have sticky hands.

Or stick half chewed food in your mouth. They're like ninjas. It's in before you know it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

i really like kids.

alcoholic AND a pedophile cant say im surprised

go have a drink izzy

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

haris pilton posted:

ADD appears to be rampant these days.
Sure, being a lousy parent has nothing to do with that.

As selective pressures on a population decrease, the rate of mental illness skyrockets.

e: Modern medicine weakens the overall health of the population. Eugenics is the only proper counterbalance. Mr. Wilson did nothing wrong.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
the thought of a child putting its hands on me makes me want to loving puke.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
A child is pretty much a tiny belligerent drunk person

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Its not that I'm against the idea of children, I just don't want to see or hear or smell them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

The next door neighbours have 3 kids and the oldest boy is nice and polite and sometimes comes over to play fetch with my dogs. The youngest, a girl, has some sort of super-secret probably derogatory name for me, cause she keeps telling her brother "stop talking to the you-know-what!". The middle kid basically ignores me completely.

They do have a piercing squeal, but the happy kid noises have nothing on the mother's gruff "GEDDINTHEHOUSE" angry yelling. She's constantly yelling at a kid or a dog, so I was really surprised when one night they brought a guitar and a double bass outside on the porch and she has the sweetest singing voice.

I kinda like kids, even though I don't want any of my own.

• Locked thread