Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

he and his legion of fans stain everything they touch with lovely characters, snarky dialogue and lame stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The only people I've know who have admitted to liking his work were really weird.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

firefly was a good television series and im glad it was cancelled before it got bad

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
buffy owns you lousy suckn'gently caress

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The only people I've know who have admitted to liking his work were really weird.
But now they're all mad at him for his treatment of Scarlett Johansson's character in Age of Ultron

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
i disagree op, i think every scene with action should be stuffed to the very brim with one liners and meta-humor, at all times

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I watched this movie birdman was prerty good

Then watched expendable 3 that was hugd turd taco

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

buffy is what made today's tv good, but whedon has overstayed his welcome. the avengers movies suck and feel like someone trying to imitate his writing. cabin in the woods was pretty awesome, though

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

His non-vocal fans are alright because they aren't spergin' about every single thing he's ever done.

Dollhouse sucked though, straight up.

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Give him this: He is a hell of a lot more talented that J.J Abrams.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Thought dollhouse sucked, Buffy went off the rails in the end, angel was best show on tv by season 5 not sure if that can be attributed to Whedon though. Welp that's all I have to say about joss Whedon

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
"Whedonverse"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

"Whedonverse"

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Which isn't to say that Whedon isn't one note and tiresome.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
jost weedin' is good buds
i think

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

also :lol: if you dont like buffy but like any modern tv series

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Buffy is oretty sweet. I like the vampire spike he was pretty funny

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

i disagree op, i think every scene with action should be stuffed to the very brim with one liners and meta-humor, at all times

only if its good, joss is not good

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

he's made some pretty great stuff. nobody's perfect

tbh i didn't care for dr horrible's sing along blog

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OH MY GOD THAT'S THE FUNKY poo poo.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

TEAYCHES posted:

firefly was a good television series and im glad it was cancelled before it got bad

Truth.

Also, cabin in the woods wasn't bad

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
watching buffy from the start now is like watching a cartoon

i quite liked dollhouse though

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Firefly is mediocre with an inexplicably strong fanbase and Cabin in the Woods was ok at best.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
was firefly the first thing he did where he tipped his hand with his majorly weird pseudo-feminist ideas about prostitution

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

p much this. haven't met any normal person who was really into him. firefly fans are just weird.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I really really like True Blood.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

JebanyPedal posted:

I really really like True Blood.

me too, but i say you should treat it like like anime and be rightly ashamed of liking it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

nutranurse posted:

me too, but i say you should treat it like like anime and be rightly ashamed of liking it

Nah, not really, it's actually genuinely super funny the majority of the time and has some really silly but fun satire in it, so it's aware of its tacky premise and makes the most of it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Joss Whedon is my master now, OP.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Nah, not really, it's actually genuinely super funny the majority of the time and has some really silly but fun satire in it, so it's aware of its tacky premise and makes the most of it.

kill la kill is self aware anime with a tacky premise and id still be ashamed of enjoying it :shrug:

im not saying its bad tv, im just saying its shameful tv

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

nutranurse posted:

kill la kill is self aware anime with a tacky premise and id still be ashamed of enjoying it :shrug:

im not saying its bad tv, im just saying its shameful tv

Why?? I like Cowboy Bebop but it's genuinely great my man, my main man, my best bud, my BFF.
Like if you're like "I'm watching anime it's that gay one about WWII and every country being some weird loving child or something" then you should be ashamed but if it's genuinely good, smh, I don't get it.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Why?? I like Cowboy Bebop but it's genuinely great my man, my main man, my best bud, my BFF.
Like if you're like "I'm watching anime it's that gay one about WWII and every country being some weird loving child or something" then you should be ashamed but if it's genuinely good, smh, I don't get it.

shame is a crucial part of my being. i should prolly convert to catholicism

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I like Dragon Ball Z.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I agree, OP!

Mr. Hand posted:

Give him this: He is a hell of a lot more talented that J.J Abrams.

I also Agree!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

I like Dragon Ball Z.

nothin wrong with that

everyone should

but no one should like joss whedon

he's the frieza to the goku that is good tv/movies

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Uncle Wemus posted:

he and his legion of fans stain everything they touch with lovely characters, snarky dialogue and lame stories

I also love all of his stuff! :)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TEAYCHES posted:

have to agree with this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
joss whedon ruined my rear end by sticking his hand up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
1. Angel
2. Buffy
3. Firefly
4. Cabin in the Woods
5. Avengers
6. Avengers: Ultron
7. Something about Mary