Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
all television is footnotes to i love lucy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
actually there was this movie called birth of a nation and

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
The reason people are sucking Fury road's pole so much is because it's loving earnest. It's simple and stupid and barely has a plot, but it fully belives in what its doing and tries its best. And that kind of polish and love goes a great deal. Joss Whedon will never have that until he learns to not smugly smile and wink at the camera and think that makes smart content.

But hey, at least he isn't Hitler.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fellbat posted:

The reason people are sucking Fury road's pole so much is because it's loving earnest. It's simple and stupid and barely has a plot, but it fully belives in what its doing and tries its best. And that kind of polish and love goes a great deal. Joss Whedon will never have that until he learns to not smugly smile and wink at the camera and think that makes smart content.

Look at this fanboy horseshit.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

when did the word 'content' become a catch-all for a billion different things.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Hey man that's not my reasoning really, i'm just trying to make sense of why sa love max but hates joss.

If you wanna be frank, the constantly amping action some how made me tired despite sitting on my rear end watching a godamn movie.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Joss Weadon? More like JayOhs Weinerdongs

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SA loves Mad Max because they're burnt out on Marvel's movie series and Mad Max is a breath of fresh air.

It's got plenty of flaws of its own and a lot more in common with Avengers 2 than SA can admit to, but that's ok because again it's a breath of fresh air.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
you guys watch too much goddamn television

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

mind the walrus posted:

SA loves Mad Max because they're burnt out on Marvel's movie series and Mad Max is a breath of fresh air.

It's got plenty of flaws of its own and a lot more in common with Avengers 2 than SA can admit to, but that's ok because again it's a breath of fresh air.

Nothing's perfect but that new Mad Max is a genuinely fun flick.

Avengers 2 also wasn't that bad, it was fairly fun, but Mad Max 4 is easily more fun.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Personally I dug Avengers 2 more but I could easily see why people would prefer Mad Max. Both are worthwhile flicks to watch if you're inclined to them at all.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Both are flicks you can just watch for action if you like action and that's alright by me, I just get this weariness after these event films. Like, what was a short one. Dredd I guess. that was while ago though.

If I was gonna say something about whedon, it's that his films can get kinda bloated. Cabin in the Wood was alright though it didn't have till near the end.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

mind the walrus posted:

Personally I dug Avengers 2 more but I could easily see why people would prefer Mad Max. Both are worthwhile flicks to watch if you're inclined to them at all.

Jesus Christ.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
TV in the 90s was a loving wasteland. Case in point: South Park, Futurama, and Daily Show are all better now than they were then, where as The Simpsons and X-Files got worse the longer those two shows stayed in the 90s.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

TV in the 90s was a loving wasteland. Case in point: South Park, Futurama, and Daily Show are all better now than they were then, where as The Simpsons and X-Files got worse the longer those two shows stayed in the 90s.

Still way better than the decades that preceded it. For every show mentioned with nostalgia from or before the 80s are five that suck rear end and should be stripped from historical record.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

Jesus Christ.

:qq: more.

Automatic Slim posted:

Still way better than the decades that preceded it. For every show mentioned with nostalgia from or before the 80s are five that suck rear end and should be stripped from historical record.

The 90s too. How many people still go on about The Nanny?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Counterpoint: Dad's Army

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
i havent watched a joss wheadon-written show or comic but i hate the snarky dialogue style he made popular so uh gently caress you whedon?????

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

:qq: more.

The 90s too. How many people still go on about The Nanny?

Fluo posted:

Counterpoint: Dad's Army

Sure. poo poo shows can be found in any era. The point is the ratio of good vs. crap has gone up steadily since the 90s.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

closeted republican posted:

i havent watched a joss wheadon-written show or comic but i hate the snarky dialogue style he made popular so uh gently caress you whedon?????

You're doing it right.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Buffy is oretty sweet. I like the vampire spike he was pretty funny

That actor did the reading for Dresden Files audio books, and it's wonderful :swoon:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i never knew how insanely bad the opinions of gbs were until now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I might not fully believe you, but you speak with confidence so I'm going to go along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

holy crap my throwaway thread went on for 7 loving pages???

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

weren't you the guy w/ the model train j/o ad avatar

ya that was me i got banned for a bad thread in imp zone and lost it

• Locked thread