Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

dog buttz posted:

That scene is burned into my brain.

It was the most unrealistic scene in the movie since someone overpowered Vin Diesel in hand to hand combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Where does Enemy at the Gates rate on the War Movie list?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

Personal opinion incoming!

I was enjoying that movie until the shoehorned in sex scene in the Russian bunker. From that point forward I hoped that Ed Harris Killed everyone involved with the film and the audience whom watched it. This includes me.

Ed Harris could have approached me and told me I was going to a better place and I would have taken a breath and closed my eyes awaiting it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

That movie is my fave of all time and yeah that was one of the lynchpin scenes

Do you gently caress with the redux or strictly original cut?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

awful

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i thought it was kind of a decent movie but historically its bullshit

Maniac Pahis
Nov 3, 2010

by Ralp
Just lmao if u really believe americas involvement in ww2 was anything beyond "got owned hard by literal japs until nuking them like big gay babies" just lol

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

thathonkey posted:

Do you gently caress with the redux or strictly original cut?

It's funny, I expected to hate redux because it had a "love scene" but it was actually just as grim and harsh as the rest of the movie so it turned out great.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

VendaGoat posted:

Personal opinion incoming!

I was enjoying that movie until the shoehorned in sex scene in the Russian bunker. From that point forward I hoped that Ed Harris Killed everyone involved with the film and the audience whom watched it. This includes me.

Ed Harris could have approached me and told me I was going to a better place and I would have taken a breath and closed my eyes awaiting it.

Ed Harris makes a bitchin' nazi.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I am openly anti american. Shame, that is a good movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maniac Pahis posted:

Just lmao if u really believe americas involvement in ww2 was anything beyond "got owned hard by literal japs until nuking them like big gay babies" just lol

That's not what happened at all.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Maniac Pahis posted:

Youre dumb as gently caress lol

az
Dec 2, 2005

CaptChimichunga posted:

Gonna watch Come and See then Stalingrad from '93 and get my Nihilism on.

Stalingrad from 93 is not very well known, it was overbudget and way overlength and got edited rather poorly when they had to cut out like 2 hours of connecting footate which makes the final cut rather jumpy and campy. However it still is one of the few movies showing the German side of a battle and it's definitely one of the most negative, despair laden war movies. Watch it if with a couple of drinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlK-l-vpZQ

Another niche war movie worth watching is My Way, inspired by true events, follows the life of a Korean man pressed into service by the Japanese occupation force. Taken prisoner by the Soviets in the battle of Khalkin Gol, gulaged and later pressed into service of the Red Army, he was eventually captured by the Wehrmacht and thought to be a Japanese ally. They put him to service in a Guard unit in Normandy where he was captured for the third time and eventually got home again. It's worth watching if you like Korean cinema, ww2 movies or docudramas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpYk5ww8Jjc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chipacabra
Dec 17, 2002

hobichiwa
Y'all should watch Saving Ryan's Privates. It's an action-packed tear jerker you wont regret watching.

• Locked thread