Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
(US centric)

The simple fact of the matter is that social conservatives -- and a lot of feminists -- constitutionally object to the practice of men paying for sex.

In an age of increasing social liberty, where divorce is easy to get, where homosexuals are tolerated and accepted, where adultery is legal, it becomes harder to legally justify prohibiting prostitution. It becomes harder to say "that thing should be prohibited merely because I don't like it."

Instead of coming up with arguments for why it is right that a woman advertising sex and a man willing to pay for it shouldn't be allowed to legally get together, social conservatives and anti-sex feminists started a hysterical crusade against "sex trafficking" in an effort to paint all acts of transactional sex as being coercive in nature.

Modern U.S government rhetoric against prostitution reflects this propaganda crusade by (some) feminists and social conservatives.

It's really weird.

After weed I hope liberals push for legalized prostitution.

Mr. Hand fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The superbowl is the largest sex-trafficking event every year! Thousands of trafficked women are shipped into the city in cargo containers to service the thousands of horny men that come to watch the games!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Who do you trust for your sex trafficking statistics

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Ramsus posted:

Who do you trust for your sex trafficking statistics

your mom

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
sorry i don't have time to read your post between all these underage illegal alien prostitutes im cramming into shipping containers but im sure it was well written and thoughtful!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Justin Tyme posted:

The superbowl is the largest sex-trafficking event every year! Thousands of trafficked women are shipped into the city in cargo containers to service the thousands of horny men that come to watch the games!

actually that would be the RNC

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Harald posted:

actually that would be the RNC

he said women, not pages

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

Mr. Hand posted:

I am too stupid to know the difference between sex trafficking and prostitution

hth

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

There are more slaves in the US today than in the Antebellum South. Fact.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Justin Tyme posted:

My wife unironically believes this. I tried to explain why it doesn't make sense.

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Nah son, "sex trafficking" as a crusade is the hobby horse of people who want consensual prostitution to remain prohibited but at the same time are smart enough to know that they can't rhetorically justify this position especially given the current cultural zeitgeist.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have strong reservations about believing you, OP, especially because you are named after a teacher at my old school

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
The key is to avoid foreign prostitutes.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

To be fair, so are most conservatives and feminists.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
nation founded on slavery can't stop trading in flesh news at eleven

lol

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
I wouldn't have sex in traffic. I will have it in a woman though.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

look, I just need to know if it is exploitative to pay like $120 to get a massage and a handie. personally I feel like I'm the one getting exploited, but that's beside the point

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
OP there are easier ways to lose your virginity

:cripes:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

look, I just need to know if it is exploitative to pay like $120 to get a massage and a handie. personally I feel like I'm the one getting exploited, but that's beside the point

why don't you just pay $150-200 for a local on backpage instead

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

why don't you just pay $150-200 for a local on backpage instead

they also get shipped around and exploited at least based on the prevailing narrative.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
What is this legalized adultery, and where can I find it?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Those conservatives just don't like any form of regulation, I guess.

Tell me I can't gently caress an aids-riddled sex slave today, and it's all about where I store my coal slurry tomorrow.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
All PIV sex is sex trafficking

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Bundle of Keys posted:

What is this legalized adultery, and where can I find it?

ashley madison is right if you're looking for someone other than your wife

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

how much of the money do the ladies get? very little I fear. you take a goon dick you deserve to keep the money.

'no,' says the pimp, 'it belongs to me'

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If prostitution was legal and hookers had their own unions it would probably discourage pimping and sex trafficking. But only if those unions were sufficiently powerful and unions aren't allowed to be powerful in America.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

FreudianSlippers posted:

If prostitution was legal and hookers had their own unions it would probably discourage pimping and sex trafficking. But only if those unions were sufficiently powerful and unions aren't allowed to be powerful in America.

Unions are the pimps my friend

Prostitution is only a particular expression of the universal prostitution of the worker

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

mdm posted:

Unions are the pimps my friend

Prostitution is only a particular expression of the universal prostitution of the worker

drat. really makes you think.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
will they bring their own fursuit tia

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

why do taxi drivers get a kick back? the customer is already paying them. why they get paid twice?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
no worries i spill my seed for free

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

mdm posted:

All PIV sex is sex trafficking

It's rush hour traffic, a lot of stop and go!

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Mr. Hand posted:

After weed I hope liberals push for legalized prostitution.

im really really sorry that you cant find a girlfriend

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
OP you sound like a massive oval office :)

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Justin Tyme posted:

There are more slaves in the US today than in the Antebellum South. Fact.

There are also more slaves held today by Africans, many of them enslaved for being Christian, then there was slaves in the South.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

glowing-fish posted:

There are also more slaves held today by Africans, many of them enslaved for being Christian, then there was slaves in the South.

good

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

Justin Tyme posted:

It's every sporting event actually
http://cbs4indy.com/2015/05/20/sex-trafficking-expected-to-spike-during-indy500-weekendindiana-attorney-general-fighting-back/

quote:

SPEEDWAY, Ind. (May 20,2015)– IndyCar fans are quickly making their way to the “Racing Capital of the World,” but the dark reality of illegal sex trafficking is also making an appearance.

Experts say young girls will be brought to central Indiana this weekend and sold for sex. The combination of large crowds, a party atmosphere and an event that caters mostly to men is when sex trafficking spikes.

However, the Indiana Attorney General’s office is fighting back though an awareness campaign titled, “Indiana’s Not Buying It.”

“The average age of death of death for those used in commercial sex is 34. The number one cause of death is homicide,” said Abigail Kuzma, assistant Attorney General.

Leading up to the race, leaders in the Attorney General’s office have gone to hotels and businesses near the track to pass out information regarding the sex trade. Hotels were given helpful tips to be on the look out for and how to identify a questionable situation.

We look for guests that may be distressed, children that possibly feel uncomfortable in their surroundings.[ So we take it very seriously and we want to make sure every guest is really secure and comfortable here,”said Breanna Culross, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Indianapolis West.
http://www.theindependent.com/news/...d9da36b9e1.html

quote:

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Hotel workers in the Omaha area are undergoing training on how to spot women and minors being forced into prostitution.

The effort is part of a pilot project coordinated by the Coalition on Human Trafficking, comprised of law enforcement officials, nuns, charities and other organizations, the Omaha World-Herald (http://bit.ly/1Jkhbni ) reported.

The coalition aims to provide awareness and tips to hotel and motel employees on how to respond when they believe someone is a victim of human trafficking or is being sexually abused.

Experts say high-profile events, such as the College World Series in Omaha, bring a higher risk of sex trafficking occurring at lodging facilities. The coalition's long-term goal is to present training to all hotels and motels within 50 miles of Omaha.

The Magnolia Hotel in downtown Omaha is participating in the training program, with around 45 workers recently attending a presentation about human trafficking.

Tim Darby, general manager of Magnolia and president of the Metropolitan Hospitality Association, said he wanted to set an example to the industry with his hotel's participation. A hotel's job is to provide a safe and secure environment, he said.

"If we can help even one person, that would be amazing, and just the right thing to do," Darby said.

Coalition member Shane Fagan said signs hotel staff should keep an eye out for include lodgers with a small amount of luggage, an unusual collection of wigs or IDs inside a suite, prepaid debit cards and girls who are unsure of what city they're in.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

im really really sorry that you cant find a girlfriend

Think of a prostitue like a rental car...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I always see this stuff but something makes me extremely skeptical. Kinda like how much DARE hyped up the demon plant marijuana in school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How do you unlock sex traffic in GTA? regular traffic is very irritating

• Locked thread