Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gatito, the Juggernaut

pre:
Look: concealed, scrounged bodysuit, worried face, haunted eyes, wiry body
Stats: Cool+1 Hard +1 Hot=0 Sharp +2 Weird-1
Moves:
Beast of War: 
When you are in your suit, roll +Sharp instead of +Hard to seize
by force or go aggro. Additionally, you count as a small gang when in battle, as 
long as you are in your suit.

Walk through Walls: 
You have tools to break walls, fortifications or
other structures. When you try to smash through something, roll +Hard. 
On a 10+ you batter your way through okay, on a 7-9 choose one:
• you collapse it onto yourself and are briefly trapped; 
• it’s too strong to knock down; 
• it’s going to take some time. 
On a miss, you’ll probably be stuck or trapped halfway through.

Gear:
-Oddments worth 2-barter
-a denim jacket and cargo pants
-9mm (2-harm close loud)
-Armor
--Hi-Tech
--Reliable
--Exotic Fuel
--Flamethrower (3-harm close area fire)
--Power Fist (3-harm hand messy)

Hx:
Lin:
Drift: +2
Mask: +3
Grim: +1
Keymaster: =0
ROADSIDE: +1
Well, I know why I don't remember. It's because I don't remember a whole hell of a lot of anything before I woke up in this shell. I vaguely recall a shootout, a real crossfire hurricane someone said. I vaguely recall some savvy under duress. I definitely recall a lot of fuckin' hurt. I don't know who did this, or why. But I do remember being part of Tanner Jim's convoy. Said he picked me up, didn't go into detail. Said I owed him one or two or three. I couldn't tell the difference. I had no other life. Tanner Jim's dead, now. He'll never tell me where I came from. Maybe someone else will.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gatito

Zurui posted:

How hard is it to leave your suit, and when was the last time you did? Why are you so afraid of leaving it behind? When you're alone, what do you try not to think about?

47 days ago, and it's difficult. Physically and mentally. I can barely get it off myself, but I can. Last time I needed to put a new rod of 235 in the suit. The wrench-head couldn't figure out the slotting, but she did have the fuel, so off it came. I'm sure you don't like to be naked, do you? I was reborn in this suit, and it gives me a role. Alone I am nothing and would not survive, wouldn't be. Perhaps the old me would be able to survive, but he's gone. Alone. That's when I see Barnard's Boys. They hired me for a wrecking job. But what they did to the Farm? So, so much worse.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gatito

Zurui posted:

Bonus questions: Why did you come to this hold? Where are you staying while inside? What has you off-balance, paranoid, or otherwise nervous? Fill in the blank parts of the map and show me what's up with your character right now.

I'm here in A-Town because this was where the convoy went to. The Captain paid me pretty good to be some muscle guarding the water trucks from The Falls. Right now I've got some space in the blockhouse here. Some of the goons are giving me the stank eyes because I don't live here and I'm getting two good bunks. Then again, wouldn't want to see me try to fit in one. Besides, the Captain paid for it anyway. On the other hand, nobody's yet approached me for another contract, and that doesn't usually take very long. Wonder if I'm being set up. Wouldn't be the first time.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gatito

You and I, Drift, made the run from the Republic of Dave through Hi-top territory to Reek Town. And back. Alone. Me on the back, you behind the wheel. And that [i]cargo[i] in the seat next to you. It was a much more interesting run than the one that brought me to A-Town, that's for sure. I add +1 to what you tell me.

ROADSIDE. It's you. You're the walking traffic cone I barely saw when the 235 ran low and I was cooking alive out in the Bleachlands. I was outside pulling every option part I could down, but it wasn't enough. You walked by and gave me a bolt. A single bolt. With no nut. And didn't say a word. An hour later I was picked up, but you were long gone. I add -1 to what you tell me.

Mask and your Knots. There was a roadwar between the Noonriders and the Salt Riggers. Lots of good swag in that mess. Nobody won, except for you. That fight was one of the biggest messes I've ever been a part of, and the suit paid for it, crunched the legs right under a Mack. Y'all swept in fifteen minutes later and picked up the salvage, and me. Figured the least you could do for scoring you all that scrap was a tow to wherever it was you were going, I don't really remember. Stuck me on a sledge and you dumped me off near the local savvy's yard. Called herself Quagga. Haven't seen you since, but the Knots are good in my book. I write +3.

Everyone, write +0. I don't make a thing about being too friendly.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Esser-Z posted:

Welp. I didn't see a deadline in the OP, and saw that the thread was only a couple days old, so I assumed I had a little bit to do some concept work before posting. Guess not! Have fun, and hopefully someone else recruits soon.

AW threads go fast :shobon:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mercy may be a tent-town, but doesn't it at least have a bunch of hi-tech and batteries because of the solar farm and all?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

That's Rock's call ultimately, but I love the idea of a bunch of tents sitting in the shadow of an ancient field of photovoltaics.

:kimchi:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yo rock let's clarify: if gatito has been with you since before he made colonel but also hasn't seen Lin since captain, i think there's a disconnect. Either the bond should be closer at start of game or we have a hook but no real Hx. I'm open to either but I don't think the fiction matches the mechanic as it stands

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rockopolis posted:

Keymaster hi-lite me!

Uh...
"And I hire that loving wall of fire and fury when poo poo gets real. Worth the barter."

works4me :q:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Green Intern posted:

Just to be clear, since I haven't played AW much at all before:

You can only ever get one XP per roll, right? If I roll my Norman move and get 10+, it says to mark experience. I would already receive XP from it being a highlighted skill though (not complaining). Is there a cap on how much XP you can receive per scene?

no, you'd get 2XP, one for rolling a highlighted skill and one for the move

there is no limit on XP/session

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sorry for the shortish post but I got a little rushed, I'll edit when I get a chance

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

General reminder I rarely have time to make a quality post over weekends

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Green Intern posted:

I think I have a misunderstanding of how you inflict Harm in this game. Is that Go Aggro or Seize by Force? Both?

it can be either.

When you Go Aggro, you're threatening someone with violence. If they fold, you get what you wanted. If they force your hand, you can fold or you can inflict harm as established, which basically means you hit them with whatever weapon you were using to threaten them.

When you Seize By Force, you're going in guns blazing, at the minimum exchanging harm for harm.

You can even inflict harm as the result of Acting Under Fire, depending on the fiction. There's no particular "inflict harm" move. However, the Harm Move is an optional move the MC can have you roll after suffering harm (even 0-harm) to see if there are any complications beyond advancing your harm clock.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Both.
Go aggro is basically gently caress you, your only option is to fight back, run, or hope I'm merciful. It's the standoff. It's the reverse of act under fire or defy danger. You're dealing danger, making your target act under your fire.

Seize is more tactical, you have a specific goal (the thing you're seizing) and options for how it goes.

But dealing your harm is an effect of either.

Seize by Force is by far more of the "gently caress you" move.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Doubleposting to quote myself from the AW discussion thread

quote:

Go Aggro is "I want something OR I will hurt you." Manipulate with violence as leverage is "I want something, and I could hurt you if I don't get it." Seize is "I want something AND I am hurting you to get it."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rockopolis posted:

Nifty, sounds like I've got a conspiracy to unravel. I hope hiding the body buys me a little time as the other side tries to figure out what the hell's going on.
And it sounds like I'm going to want to hire on some outside help. :getin:

For searching Spector's corpse, do I need to roll to Read a Sitch, do I stick with the results of the previous roll and not find anything, or is it MC's call as to what I find?

Reading the sitch charges the situation if it wasn't already, but you also only get certain answers. I don't think it's what you want to do here. I'd just ask the mc directly, if you're under time pressure it might be auf.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm looking forward to the inevitable return to a-town

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

You should take it as a great compliment that I had to review the rulebook to determine if I could even deal harm past Gatito's armor with a loving rocket launcher.

(The answer is yes, if you count an RPG as 4-harm and it's being fired as part of a small gang.)

yeah there's a reasonable chance with the weaponry as described Gatito could have just walked up to and then murdered everyone on the fire truck, but I thought setting up the return was actually more interesting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:getin:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

I am a sad MC because your video is busted.

Fixed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

Foo, I am not usually a stickler for position, but the Destroyer is still a hundred yards or so away. That means that it action can happen, but Mask and the Knots get a chance to act first.

Figured you're okay with that, just wanted to say so. You can always revise it if things go up in flames, literally or otherwise.

Not going to be able to make significant changes so let's just roll with whatever causes the most fire

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

Standard procedure, got it.

Hope u liked the song after I fixed the link :q:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gonna leave this here

https://instagram.com/p/3l-9yyoVVJ/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Making the assumption the wreckage of the Judas Priests' convoy has a decent amount of loot in it...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm feeling end-of-session on my end of things - thoughts?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oh, well then. Gat will easily not take a full share, he was never in it for the loot anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

conveniently there is a PC who knows a thing or two about leading showing up :q:

• Locked thread