Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
This poll is closed.
John Cena 42 15.73%
BELIEVE IT OR NOT 2 0.75%
I'M WALKING ON AIR 4 1.50%
I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD FEEL SO FREE EE EE 5 1.87%
FLYIN AWAY ON A WING AND A PRAYER 7 2.62%
WHO COULD IT BE 16 5.99%
BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT'S JUST ME 29 10.86%
BBQ Pitmasters, the tna killer. 162 60.67%
Total: 267 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ozz81 posted:

Your RAW post summed it up best - people all up in arms expecting Dean to be used like the next Stone Cold, then when WWE actually pulls the trigger and does what they want, it's all "what a bunch of rehashed crap a bloo bloo this is dumb"

Make up your goddamn minds you bunch of bipolar idiots. Also RAW was pretty fun overall other than the typical Authority half-hour promos that should've been replaced with matches.

LOL!! those wrestling fans sure don't know what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I think they've done a great job having Cena build up the US title, however I'm also afraid that he's going to lose it off a distraction finish which would like ruin everything.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hace posted:

I think they've done a great job having Cena build up the US title, however I'm also afraid that he's going to lose it off a distraction finish which would like ruin everything.

That - or the person who wins it just does absolutely nothing.

For now it's good though.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I think Dean could be really good, however the poo poo writers they use for main event stuff are could not be any worse if they tried and ruin everything.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ozz81 posted:

Your RAW post summed it up best - people all up in arms expecting Dean to be used like the next Stone Cold, then when WWE actually pulls the trigger and does what they want, it's all "what a bunch of rehashed crap a bloo bloo this is dumb"

Make up your goddamn minds you bunch of bipolar idiots. Also RAW was pretty fun overall other than the typical Authority half-hour promos that should've been replaced with matches.

lmfao, the sun will have exploded before the day I listen to a member of the IWCISEC telling me what to do

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Meadowhill posted:

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I'm just rather miffed with WWE's strict gender roles. Lucha Underground seems to take a very different approach to inter-sex violence with Pentagon attacking the announcer and Sexy star beating him up for it and other infractions. Now a very, very terrible and utterly entertaining storyline would have included having the whole Divas roster, or maybe only naomi and her buddy, showing up and beating Rusev for not treating Lana right as is the way when men have a problem with another.

Haha for now I'll just be happy that this didn't end up with Rusev somehow tossing Lana into a pile of "mud" and laughing to get heel heat as she cries and someone from off camera calls her fat

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

HulkaMatt posted:

That - or the person who wins it just does absolutely nothing.

For now it's good though.

*fantasy booking alert please ignore*

What if they just made the US belt open challenge apply to anyone who had the belt? I think that would be actually pretty cool and interesting!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hace posted:

*fantasy booking alert please ignore*

What if they just made the US belt open challenge apply to anyone who had the belt? I think that would be actually pretty cool and interesting!

Not gonna happen. The only person they would have had do that that wasn't Cena was Bryan, and that worked for literally 2 shows and then he died again. They aren't taking that risk again (a fragile non-Cena weekly defending any belt, but also applies to giving Bryan a belt ever again)

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Well of course Bryan shouldn't ever get a belt again, because he should retire

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

I thought that Corpus Christi crowds were the drizzling shits, though?

Is Corpus Christi not the building where they always find an excuse for at least one person / belt / briefcase to end up in the sea?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Semprini posted:

Is Corpus Christi not the building where they always find an excuse for at least one person / belt / briefcase to end up in the sea?

Yeah, that's the one. The crowd is notorious for sitting on its hands during even the most exciting of moments.

Like remember when Nexus and Team Cena faced off before Summerslam, and the building was going so nuts that the hard camera wouldn't stop shaking? Corpus Christi would have just let out a mild "woo".

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I don't think Cena is burying the midcard or anything like that but WWE's standard practice with a midcard belt is either to make it look like a joke by the champ losing constantly or make it irrelevant by the champ never defending it. And it's extremely frustrating that, apparently, the only way to avoid this situation is to give the midcard belt to a main eventer.

Fart Radio posted:

Did anyone else think Ryder looked like a drat goof for getting up and celebrating that he lost in front of his hometown?

Dude, I know that screentime is scarce for you but maybe show some disappointment or something

This bothered me too, especially coming on the heels of Becky Lynch after her match with Sasha at Unstoppable - she never once stopped looking dejected even as the crowd gave her a standing ovation and chanted her name. Made the match and the title seem way more important. Meanwhile, Ryder loses his shot at the title and he's like "Yay, I'm on TV!'

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DeathChicken posted:

That settles it, Dean Ambrose is the Boss from Saints Row.
Sasha Banks says "step the gently caress off"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Perry Normal posted:

I don't think Cena is burying the midcard or anything like that but WWE's standard practice with a midcard belt is either to make it look like a joke by the champ losing constantly or make it irrelevant by the champ never defending it. And it's extremely frustrating that, apparently, the only way to avoid this situation is to give the midcard belt to a main eventer.

This bothered me too, especially coming on the heels of Becky Lynch after her match with Sasha at Unstoppable - she never once stopped looking dejected even as the crowd gave her a standing ovation and chanted her name. Made the match and the title seem way more important. Meanwhile, Ryder loses his shot at the title and he's like "Yay, I'm on TV!'

Crying after losing a title match is the only appropriate thing to do. Becky crying while the crowd chanted her name and she finally seemed to find acceptance was some amazing storytelling.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I'm sick of seeing wrestlers cry. Especially when they win a belt.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

LOL!! those wrestling fans sure don't know what they want.

But in all seriousness Matt I'm not gonna fact check it but I'm almost positive there was at least one person who said he should Austin it up and then complained when he actually did it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

They were sort of doing a Steve Austin thing with him once the Shield broke up and it was awesome.

edit: though I think that was kind of an accident because it wasn't long after that they started having him lose matches.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 26, 2015

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Him going after rollins was pretty much all great (sans that terrible dummy promo)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But in all seriousness Matt I'm not gonna fact check it but I'm almost positive there was at least one person who said he should Austin it up and then complained when he actually did it.

if its one person then who cares

E: if its a million people who cares. just watch your dumb show and like what you like.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

if its one person then who cares

E: if its a million people who cares. just watch your dumb show and like what you like.

Him considering he never stops posting about how wrong those ~haterz~ are

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

HulkaMatt posted:

They were sort of doing a Steve Austin thing with him once the Shield broke up and it was awesome.

edit: though I think that was kind of an accident because it wasn't long after that they started having him lose matches.

Yeah but making him lose constantly in idiotic ways wasn't very Austin-like.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hace posted:

Him going after rollins was pretty much all great (sans that terrible dummy promo)

You mean the thing where this happened?

If so, the ends justifies the means.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've never gotten why people thought Ambrose taking a dummy and pretty much going "This is what I'm going to do to you" while hacking it to pieces and hitting it in the nuts was a bad thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I genuinely forgot everything involving that dummy because why wouldn't you

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DeathChicken posted:

I've never gotten why people thought Ambrose taking a dummy and pretty much going "This is what I'm going to do to you" while hacking it to pieces and hitting it in the nuts was a bad thing.

I would have to rewatch the promo, but I seem to remember there being little crowd reaction and it going on too long.

So you know, the same problem 90% of WWE promos have.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You mean the thing where this happened?

If so, the ends justifies the means.

Haha I didn't see that Raw and when I first saw the gif I was like "holy poo poo he is being reckless throwing that dude over the top rope like that"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ozz81 posted:

I think the dumbest possible thing you can possibly complain about in wrestling is it being predictable.

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo Ambrose threw the dummy like a luchador and they sold it like death?

That's just solid gold.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Deafboy posted:

Holy poo poo Ambrose threw the dummy like a luchador and they sold it like death?

That's just solid gold.

too bad everything prior to that happened in this timeline

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sami Zayn is seeing Dr. Andrews today :smith:

Someone update the Dr.Andrews.gif

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

I would have to rewatch the promo, but I seem to remember there being little crowd reaction and it going on too long.

So you know, the same problem 90% of WWE promos have.
Also known as Saturday Night Live Syndrome.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

It's less that and more that it sours my experience of talking about wrestling which I actually enjoy doing when it's not reduced to endless metaposting and shitpost responses. I'll cop to being partially responsible but I literally just wrote out an extremely lengthy post detailing what I thought was a reasonable breakdown of why I still enjoy it and yet certain people act like I post on WWEMecca or something when that's not true, I criticize the product a lot I just also still have fun with it and choose to post about the latter more than the former.

To actually discuss wrestling again, I'm excited for the tag EC but logistically I can hardly fathom it just from the sheer number of dudes potentially moving around in the chamber at once.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Sami Zayn is seeing Dr. Andrews today :smith:

Someone update the Dr.Andrews.gif

See ya in 2016, Zayn

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It never loving stops

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Chris James 2 posted:

See ya in 2016, Zayn

All this because he loving moved his arm too quickly like a dope.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bill DeMott warned him not to play to the crowd so much and he didn't listen. #Justice4Bill

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Breaking up a couple and having them feud is always death for both the guy's gimmick and their real life relationship, unfortunately. Hopefully it Rusev endures.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To actually discuss wrestling again, I'm excited for the tag EC but logistically I can hardly fathom it just from the sheer number of dudes potentially moving around in the chamber at once.

If you don't think they're going to eliminate at least half the teams before the last pod is released, then you're probably literally Vince McMahon in which case can I have some money buddy?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Fsmhunk posted:

Breaking up a couple and having them feud is always death for both the guy's gimmick and their real life relationship, unfortunately. Hopefully it Rusev endures.

I think you're right most of the time, but not "always."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fsmhunk posted:

I hope so, but I don't like Dolph in this role. It just doesn't seem like he has any skin in the game. I'm sure the matches would be fine but I'm not invested in Dolph and Lana as a couple.

• Locked thread