Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.
I started working on some metal songs and then this happened:

Goddammit Rocksmith, give me the Satan number already!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't get it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dec 26, 2012

i dont blame it, op

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't get it

Look at the completion percentages. Think about the genre. This happened back to back.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNc7kHADtUw

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
who cares. post more cool guys with buster swords

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

who cares. post more cool guys with buster swords

Big anime dweeb or fan of metal music. You decide.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sophian posted:

Look at the completion percentages. Think about the genre. This happened back to back.

Still not following you here...??

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

drat! I can't believe Rocksmith is doing this! I can't believe Rocksmith did this thing. I can't believe this is something Rocksmith did. Rocksmith did this, and I can't believe it!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao @ this whole video

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Big anime dweeb or fan of metal music. You decide.

"Yes."

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

CJ, You a buster.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retromancer posted:

CJ, You a buster.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao @ this whole video

i like it when they give it to the muscle guy at the end and he gets a running charge on the palette by taking little tiny baby steps

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i like it when they give it to the muscle guy at the end and he gets a running charge on the palette by taking little tiny baby steps

i love the anticlimactic slow swing that fails to even break or cut the first plank

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrLequ6dUdM&t=23s

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
workin on some metal songs

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Retromancer posted:

CJ, You a buster.

Straight busta.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao @ this whole video

Best part is without a doubt is the woman and kid pleading through their tears for the bearded moron not to destroy his injured back swinging a stupid bullshit sword that only a special childe would even think is cool in the first place. Cut to the super ripped camera man wielding it (which begs the question of why he wasn't holding it all along).

calhoun
Feb 8, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/ms-paint-video/5/

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Super Rad posted:

Best part is without a doubt is the woman and kid pleading through their tears for the bearded moron not to destroy his injured back swinging a stupid bullshit sword that only a special childe would even think is cool in the first place. Cut to the super ripped camera man wielding it (which begs the question of why he wasn't holding it all along).

Me reading your post: 😫

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Sophian posted:

Goddammit Rocksmith, give me the Satan number already!!!

actually, due to an engine bug you can only get the Satan number for California Brain

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
What is the significance of these numbers...?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

AndyAML posted:

What is the significance of these numbers...?

tells you roughly what level you're playing the song on. you start off just playing single notes/chords, and it gradually throws more things at you until you can play the full tab reliably (at which point you hit 100%)

then it starts hiding notes, forcing you to play from memory

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

rocksmith is fff

ffuauufg

faaa

fffffun

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Vlad the Retailer posted:

actually, due to an engine bug you can only get the Satan number for California Brain

Thanks for the tip, fellow gamer!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blood and Thunder is far and away the easiest to learn mastodon song and I think that seasons in the abyss just repeats that one riff over and over until the solo. Keep at learning guitar op it's cool

never used rocksmith how does distortion and effects work

frank.club fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 27, 2015

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

frank.club posted:

never used rocksmith how does distortion and effects work

it has an amp sim, so the songs just switch between various presets at appropriate times

you can also just use a splitter and hook up the jack-USB cable in one end and your amp in the other

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's pretty neat. Ops pictures make it look like it traded between lead and rhythm too

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.
Rocksmith is cool and good if you are just starting out learning guitar like me. Nothing is better than a teacher (or Youtube) when it comes to learning fundamentals and proper technique but the game makes the process of learning waaay more fun than old fashioned practicing. Something about instant feedback and watching the numbers going up makes your lizard brain get the happy chemicals which is really what gaming is all about. And yes all the pedals and effects are taken care of for you and you can even build your own setups with different amps and effects in different spots. It even shows you how using the same pedal in different positions in the chain makes different sounds; pretty cool!

Anyways I haven't put too much time into those metal songs yet but I'm looking forward to learning them even if the game won't let me get 66.6%

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

frank.club posted:

That's pretty neat. Ops pictures make it look like it traded between lead and rhythm too

There's 3 main tracks for each song: lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass. I think some songs also have alternate arrangements too if there's extra guitar parts in the song.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Sophian posted:

There's 3 main tracks for each song: lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass. I think some songs also have alternate arrangements too if there's extra guitar parts in the song.

sometimes not even guitar parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqszW7X29bM&t=48s

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what kind of guitar do you have op

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

frank.club posted:

what kind of guitar do you have op

My main guitar is a Schecter Omen-6 Active.

When I want to play something in a tuning other than Eb standard and I don't feel like retuning a guitar with a floyd, I use my starter Epiphone Special II

I also have an Ibanez Soundgear 5-string for playing bass but I don't have a pic handy of that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

and im pretty sure that on the normal lead arrangement at the bridge it gives you the synth pattern that has the solo for a bit.

silly rocksmith, giving you lead guitar then lead synth, what the hell

• Locked thread