Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I saw the movie tomorrowland today with a friend at the theather down here in beautiful sunny las vegas city. IT was afternoon and I wasnt sure why this was what we were doing but it came as a question from my friend "Do you want to see tomorrow land?" and I joke "I dont want to make plans for tomorrow today" and he says no go see it today and it is like the joke "who is on here first? what is on second ..." just like in te ol tom n hardy jokester films. I have no idea what this movie is about but apparently Disney made a movie starring George Clooney teenage hearth throb in a movie about the future.

I am not going to spoi lthis movie (so if you already clicked my first spoiler I am sorry) but I want to talk about a few things. I am not a parent and god for bid that I will ever be one LOL but this isnt a soap box about good or bad parentsin.

This movie, was really inaprporpiate for kids. OF ALL ages. Even as an adult male christian I was shocked to my core.

There is a scene where a human being gets literal y vaporized into dust particles. There will be no coffin, funeral, or loving goodbye as this mans particles diseintgrate from our space time continuum into absolute nothingness like if this quantu theory the tehory that anything can happen could except being alive, this mortal man is dead There is NO COMING BACK FROM THIS. ANd guess what is accompanied with this barbaric act? A FUNNY Sound effect as the ENTIRE audience erupts into laughter. That man's memories, friendships he has endured, hardships he has overcome have literally been rended from his soul in a n ano second and u LAUGH at this misfortune? I wanted to stand up and yell at the top of mylu ngs what kind of barbaric monsters do you think you are that in a KIDS movie a mans life is removed from planet Earth as he is vaporized into pure fuckin dust and you laugh as the music plays a comedy tune. I was really shocked to learn that this happened multiple times, a lot of peo ple were vaporized and there is no cheery blue bird sitting on the windo sill eating a blueberry pie this is real deal. They are dead and arent coming back. yet we laugh at the misfortunes

All of the times a person was vaproized there was laughter abound, I could hear it in my skull as these simple creatures of debauchery [some as young as babies] laughed. If the murder was like a gun shot to the face and they showed that would you be laughing? No, but a man is vaproized (the worst form of MURDER possible, literally think about what happens when yo uget vaporized ... ur nothing left, its hosed up

Sometimes you wonder where holl ywood is going as we glorify murder in movies like this made by Disney of all people. Whats next sodom n gomorroah the musical?

I guess thats the only thing I wanted to talk about. IT was important to share with you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

:smallbarf:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Meowbot posted:

I saw the movie tomorrowland today with a friend at the theather down here in beautiful sunny las vegas city. IT was afternoon and I wasnt sure why this was what we were doing but it came as a question from my friend "Do you want to see tomorrow land?" and I joke "I dont want to make plans for tomorrow today" and he says no go see it today and it is like the joke "who is on here first? what is on second ..." just like in te ol tom n hardy jokester films. I have no idea what this movie is about but apparently Disney made a movie starring George Clooney teenage hearth throb in a movie about the future.

I am not going to spoi lthis movie (so if you already clicked my first spoiler I am sorry) but I want to talk about a few things. I am not a parent and god for bid that I will ever be one LOL but this isnt a soap box about good or bad parentsin.

This movie, was really inaprporpiate for kids. OF ALL ages. Even as an adult male christian I was shocked to my core.

There is a scene where a human being gets literal y vaporized into dust particles. There will be no coffin, funeral, or loving goodbye as this mans particles diseintgrate from our space time continuum into absolute nothingness like if this quantu theory the tehory that anything can happen could except being alive, this mortal man is dead There is NO COMING BACK FROM THIS. ANd guess what is accompanied with this barbaric act? A FUNNY Sound effect as the ENTIRE audience erupts into laughter. That man's memories, friendships he has endured, hardships he has overcome have literally been rended from his soul in a n ano second and u LAUGH at this misfortune? I wanted to stand up and yell at the top of mylu ngs what kind of barbaric monsters do you think you are that in a KIDS movie a mans life is removed from planet Earth as he is vaporized into pure fuckin dust and you laugh as the music plays a comedy tune. I was really shocked to learn that this happened multiple times, a lot of peo ple were vaporized and there is no cheery blue bird sitting on the windo sill eating a blueberry pie this is real deal. They are dead and arent coming back. yet we laugh at the misfortunes

All of the times a person was vaproized there was laughter abound, I could hear it in my skull as these simple creatures of debauchery [some as young as babies] laughed. If the murder was like a gun shot to the face and they showed that would you be laughing? No, but a man is vaproized (the worst form of MURDER possible, literally think about what happens when yo uget vaporized ... ur nothing left, its hosed up

Sometimes you wonder where holl ywood is going as we glorify murder in movies like this made by Disney of all people. Whats next sodom n gomorroah the musical?

I guess thats the only thing I wanted to talk about. IT was important to share with you guys.

same, op. thanks for the thread

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
death is certain

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
thank you for the warning my holy christian brother. im sorry you had to endure such a thing. did you at least eat at five guys after?

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
did you at least get burgers and fries?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Troll Bridgington posted:

did you at least get burgers and fries?

No I flew home in a tizzy to post this the entire drive I was thinking how can i spice it up thats why theres an imag of tomorrowland and some extra text about my day. I

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Cap reviews are fun

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
its the future the unabomber was worried about

that's why he did what he did. to protect us from vaporization.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

death is certain

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i saw mad max when i was loaded drunk in 3d i did not enjoy it i might see it high as gently caress on mushrooms or edible weed in 2d and give it another shot

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Meowbot posted:

Wow, people died? :yikes:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Kuato posted:

Does that happen in a lot of movies?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
eat gently caress, op

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Kuato posted:

yeah who cares people die every day right ... wrong this is in a kids movie and they laugh about it eveyrone laughed about it it wasnt funny

did everyone laugh in schildrens list when schilnder died or in jaws when he ate the baby? No that was grotesque but suuure thing lets laugh bout someone getting literally caved into the size of pure nothingness gently caress it makes me mad just thinking about it still

this was in a kids movie, mind you, a childrens movie about the future and we laugh about death to cops who are just doin their job and whammo vaporized

you wouldnt think it was so funny if people got vaporized at ur school or in ur neighborhood but I disgrees the technology isnt there yet, sure enough when it happens the first person who gets vaporized will probably be a celebrity and we will have tweeter and kirkstarter campaigns about gofunding them for their untimely death

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

death is certain

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Meowbot posted:

did everyone laugh in schildrens list when schilnder died or in jaws when he ate the baby?

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
morals are for chumps, op

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Meowbot posted:

did everyone laugh in schildrens list when schilnder died or in jaws when he ate the baby? No that was grotesque but suuure thing lets laugh bout someone getting literally caved into the size of pure nothingness gently caress it makes me mad just thinking about it still

Geez dude spoiler tag all this poo poo. First you spoil Tomorrowland and then Schindlers List AND Jaws?! Rude! Mods???

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

death is certain

I really want one of thise shirts or else a print of the flaming skullwizard

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

i saw mad max when i was loaded drunk in 3d i did not enjoy it i might see it high as gently caress on mushrooms or edible weed in 2d and give it another shot

definitely dude, 3d poo poo actually ruins the movie.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

do you think it is possible someone has already invented a vaporizer and has perhaps vaporized themsleves into oblivion and there is agun forever laying on the ground where a person goes "wahts this" picks it up, and there are more lost person cases in the county after years of people vaporizing themselves ... a real cold case file if you will

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Meowbot posted:

Even as an adult male christian I was shocked to my core.

this is where i got bored of reading this

az
Dec 2, 2005

Kuato posted:

Geez dude spoiler tag all this poo poo. First you spoil Tomorrowland and then Schindlers List AND Jaws?! Rude! Mods???

the shark is a postop transshark gently caress your cismale priviledge

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I was in dad mode with both kids and a few cousins. It was OK for kids. I found it waaay too preachy.

It was fun looking for Disney poo poo in the background. I saw Space Mountain and the kids said they saw Test Track.

Hugh Laurie will always be Dr. House. He makes a poor bad guy.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
My son and I went to see Fury Road, while my wife took the girls to see Tomorrowland at the same theater, same time. They are convinced they got the better deal.

Considering divorce.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
slame

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
said it before and I'll say it again: the future ain't what it used to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD6nPlBCTVU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I thought this was suppoed to be a wizard of oz reboot or something. dissapointed.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
If the reviewers are to be correct, the problems with this movie supposedly points to an "originality problem" in Hollywood. Could've fooled me.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I watched that one in black and white about the guy who freaks out at Disnleyland. I was disappointed because the concept sounded SO CRAZY, but the movie was like…hah weird, huh.

I would still rather re-watch it than see whatever this thing is.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol you saw tomorrowland

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

mdm posted:

lol you saw tomorrowland

yea and you probably havent yet so jokes on u

anyway the more I think bout this movie the more hosed up it is there is a lot of hosed up stuff but it would cause spoilers to overflow like casks of wine in the wine cellar flooding the carpet with secrets. go see the movie urself if you want to be surprised...

I saw mad max and that movie was better than this one becuz it wasnt full of misleading violence at least I KNEW it would be violent this movie was a real shock my church group is going to hear about this all day heard

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!

I.C. posted:

I watched that one in black and white about the guy who freaks out at Disnleyland. I was disappointed because the concept sounded SO CRAZY, but the movie was like…hah weird, huh.

I would still rather re-watch it than see whatever this thing is.

Is this supposed to be some sort of hollywood remake of the original or what?

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
George Clooney has a romance with a prepubescent girl who is really a robot, but still

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pththya-lyi posted:

George Clooney has a romance with a prepubescent girl who is really a robot, but still

It's loving weird, yeah

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
I felt the movie was okay.. a couple things struck me as being irritating. Clooney was supposed to be a love-starved man-child who stayed in his home all day inventing stuff and yet he looks like Clooney. I think the movie would have been far better had we met Clooney as an executive at a tech company with a family (one of his daughters would be named Athena) who is pulled back into Tomorrowland to help the girl out. This would avoid the weird love-story between an old man and a pre-teen robot girl. He can still adore her.. but we need to see he's moved on. I think that change alone would have made the movie that much more palatable. Hugh Laurie was also too friendly of a bad guy...

It was definitely overly preachy but I think the rough plot behind the movie was golden so in the very least I went out and got a handful of Tomorrowland pins. I could only get it in a lot so I'm selling my extras at SA-Mart now.

naem
May 29, 2011

Jet Ready Go posted:

Clooney was supposed to be a love-starved man-child who stayed in his home all day inventing stuff and yet he looks like Clooney.

this describes me pretty well too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i hope cultural splintering will lead to a glorious new age of pack mentality and small groups of people preying on each other, violently

• Locked thread