Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
After tuning the local faction chat down to a maximum of 20km, I am fairly loving certain that a coworker of mine and his wife (who are similarly named) are both playing and using the chat function to "love you baybee" each other on a daily basis. Recorded for blackmailing purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

zooted heh posted:

Just download one of the apps that let you project your phone to any address on your GPS and get nerds real mad that their statue is being captured at 3am in the morning in a no trespassing zone.

That gets you banned

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

That gets you banned

Can you show me any examples of this being enforced beyond the ingress mods saying "Don't do this"?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know how they'd even be able to tell unless you were doing obviously spoofed poo poo like being in California and then New York an hour later.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

What if I'm in low orbit and I'm hacking portals coast to coast within 2.5 minutes given the Earth rotational speed of roughly 18 miles per second? What if that?

• Locked thread