Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

My name's Ginny and I need your help. I think I've killed someone and I'm scared I might do it again.

Ok unpack Ginny.

The whole thing started a few weeks ago. Everything was going great I was a freshman. I had a boyfriend. I was doing ok at school. Mom had got a new job that was paying fairly well. Everything was looking up for once. I should've known something would go wrong. But this was the last thing I expected. See Andy and I had been going steady for a while and well he'd tried to make out with me. I didn't say no, maybe I should've. But I wanted it as much as he did by then. At least I thought I did. So there's the two of us alone in a deserted corner of the park behind a bush. Just one more teenage couple right. Wrong. See he put his hands on me. Pinched me just a playful nip. But I felt something inside me snap.

There's no other way to describe it. But it took me out of the moment. I felt this terrible rage, like nothing I'd ever felt before. How dare this man, this boy lay hands on me and something in me changed. I'm not sure I can do it justice I've never been good with words. But it felt kind of like a volcano must feel like when it's about to erupt. Something changed, See he was taller than me, but all of a sudden I could look him in the eye. I could smell the stale sweat beneath his cheap body-spray, I could see him in the dark as clear as day. I could hear every breathe he took count every heartbeat as he made it. I think he could tell something was wrong but the words came out all muffled and wrong like he was talking a foreign language. All I could feel was that rage. I pushed him away from me with a shove , and I don't know if it was that or something in the way I looked but he panicked and he tried to run. Bad move. So I chased him. I moved without thought. I didn't notice the claws till it was too late, by then it felt right to pounce to drag him to the floor to....

Sorry. I remember him bleeding but that just made the beast worse. It's all a bit of a blur after that. I woke up hours later clothes shredded, covered in blood. His blood? I dunno. But I could remember what I'd done before that. I heard they think Andy is missing, that he ran away from home, But I know the truth I killed him.

I'm scared. But you know what the scariest part is, It's not that I've killed someone. It's not the beast that I feel even now in the back of my mind. It's not the inexplicable hunger for raw meat. No the scariest part is when I look back on that night. I don't remember the hurt I caused. You know what stands out? It's the thrill of the hunt, the thrill of the chase, the exhilaration of it all. And the worst thing of all is a part of me wants nothing more than to do it again. I guess I truly am a monster. I have to find a way to control this before I kill again. Please help me.

quote:

Name: Virginia "Ginny" Connor
Skin: Werewolf
Look: Wiry, Predatory Eyes
Origin: Born a wolf

Stats:
Hot: 1
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: 0

Harm:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Experience Points:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit
connection with them. Until either of you breaks that
spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1
to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that
connection has been broken.

Darkest Self:

You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave
power and dominance, and those are earned through
bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they
must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape
your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really
care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Moves:

Heightened Senses

When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of
a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC
three questions. If you act on one of the MC’s answers,
add 1 to your first roll. • On a 7-9, ask one:
- Where’s my best escape route or way in?
- Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
- What’s their secret weakness?
- What poses the biggest threat to me?
- Who’s in control here

Primal Dominance

When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Backstory:

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance.
Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you
now. Take 2 Strings on them

1. Tell me about another student you've had the pleasure (or displeasure) of interacting.

I'm trying to stay away from the other students. It's for their own good.I don't want to hurt them. But one of them won't leave me alone. Danny Wright. Thinks he's god's gift to women and I suppose he's not that bad looking. But no not now not ever. Still I've tried turning him down a couple of times but each rejection seems to have him come back for more. I overheard him talking to one of his cronies. Said he loves a challenge and wouldn't give up till I cracked. He really doesn't want me to crack. Not if he knows what's good for him.

2. Tell me about a teacher or facility member you've met or had to deal with.

See since it all happened my senses are sharper than ever. Even when the beast doesn't come out. I can still hear better see better and most importantly of all smell better. Which brings me to one of the teachers. See I'd been making a bit of a game of it. Closing my eyes when in a room and trying to match the smell of someone to a name. I made the mistake of doing this in Mr Riley's Math class. I've never enjoyed Math. I was doing pretty well as it happens. Although come on boys use something other than axe bodyspray please. Then he must've noticed I wasn't paying attention because he marched over. And that's when I noticed. I'd say it was the way he smelled but that was the thing, he didn't smell of anything at all. How the hell do you hide a scent like that? and why would you bother?

3. Tell me any interesting places you've seen or heard of from the other students.

There's a memorial garden on the school grounds. It's dedicated to some principal or long serving teacher or something like that anyway. But the name plaque on the statue is long gone. There's a couple of old benches there and a few enterprising students have used it as a makeout spot.There's a rumor passed down from student generation to student generation that if you make out there twice you'll be in love with your partner for the rest of your schooldays.

4. (Optional) You got a good thread title

Monsterhearts: Roll +Hot for (Cali-)fornication

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

BallisticClipboard posted:

QUESTION 1

Ginny: How are you keeping your other side in check? Have you enlisted anyone or have people come out of the woodworks to help you or is it all under wraps?

Just barely. Oh you mean how? I've noticed a few things changing lately and trying to keep control of them is a bitch and a half. For starters I found I was hungry all the time and nothing I ate seemed to satisfy me. See I am or I should say I was a vegetarian. But last week I ate a whole pack of bacon, raw and it was the best thing I've tasted. I walked past a steakhouse the other day and the smell nearly drove my wild. I ordered a steak and devoured the whole thing, rare. That's not me. Or it wasn't me. But it helped keep the hunger at bay. I've noticed my emotions are all over the place. It's a constant battle not to just go all out and hit people. Just yesterday I noticed some guy when I was coming out of school and just for the hell of it I trailed him home just because I could. It was all on instinct. So it's all sorts of things changing. I'm trying to cope. But I can't escape the feeling I'm fighting a losing battle and I'm fighting it alone.

Yeah you think I'd be crazy enough to explain it to anyone? "oh by the way a few weeks back I turned into a monster and killed my boyfriend." That'd go down well wouldn't it. Still I think some of my friends have figured out something is wrong. I've been trying to keep my distance from them for their own safety. But I can tell some of them are worried about me. The worst for that is Daisy Carpenter. We've been friends since grade school. Not like best friends forever or anything like that but good friends nonetheless. She was the one who persuaded me to try out for the girls soccer team(go Bees!). If i remember right she was the one who introduced me to Andy in the first place. They were cousins or something. Anyway she's been wondering what's up with me lately, why I was so different. She keeps trying to talk to me but I have to tell her to get lost for her own good. She can't help me. But I overheard her talking with one of our other friends. Alice I don't think I was supposed to. She said something that shocked me, She thought I was on drugs! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I wish it were drugs, Drugs would be easy to get rid of. But if she's noticed the changes then who else has and what are they thinking of me....

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

BallisticClipboard posted:

-Question 2-

Ginny: How has your social life been since the change? Are you back on the dating scene? Are you going to continue your soccer career? Some of your friends have noticed something is up but have people treated you differently since the change?

What social life? I used to love going out with my friends but now I daren't. I mean who knows what'd trigger the next...eruption of violence. Ditto for the dating. I killed my boyfriend how could I go out with anyone? They'd just be at risk of getting hurt. It wouldn't be fair to them and could I live with myself if I hurt someone else I cared about. Even Mom's noticed something's up with me, She said I don't seem like my usual self. I know it's been hard for her since Dad just upped and walked out leaving the two of us to muddle through but we're managing. At least thanks to mom's new job we're not behind on the rent any more. But I wish I didn't have to make more worries for her.

I suppose that's why I tried to go out for our usual soccer practice. To reassure her that it was all ok. Big mistake. See it was only supposed to be a warm up game to prepare for the new season. We were playing the team from one of the other high schools nearby. And well it went great at first I was full of energy and felt more athletic than at any time since... well ever. I was all over the pitch and it was going great till one of the opposing team tackled me and took the ball off me. I didn't even feel anything when she did it. But then the anger started to build and well the next time she came near me I went all in on a two footed tackle. You could hear the bone snap. It was awful but it was wonderful. I could feel the beast exult in it's triumph. I didn't even wait for the red card and walked straight off the pitch and into the changing room.

Daisy and the other girls found me later crying in the shower. But they didn't understand. They thought I was upset for "accidentally" hurting the girl. I couldn't bring myself to tell them the truth though. That I'd known exactly what I was doing, that it had taken every last ounce of my willpower not to stamp on her stupid face. To show her who was boss to teach her to respect me. That was what upset me. I haven't been back since.

At school. I've noticed people treat me differently. They seem to give me a wider berth, they flinch away from me almost unconsciously. They seem a lot more careful about what they say when they think I can hear. It's like they're walking on tiptoes around me. It hurts that I've managed to push so many friends away. But I suppose it's for the best. At least they'll be safe from me.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 30, 2015

• Locked thread