Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Gato posted:

Vague interest post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hope Regina

People talk about the "state of nature" like it's a good thing. Me? I'm much more of a Hobbs kind of girl. Life in Nature is Nasty, Brutish, and Short.

Well, it's short for people, I guess. The Fae tend to live pretty long out in the wild. But it's still boring and gross.

No, you know what real freedom is?
Being able to hop on a bus and get wherever you want.
Getting a delicious, cheap meal anytime you want.
And the internet! It's amazing just how much you people take it for granted!

Don't get me wrong, I can only get so far from my roots before I start to get sickly. But I can spend my nights running skyclad through the parks with my kin and then spend days munching fast food and surfing the web.

In fact, I like it in the city so much, that I think I'm going to stay here. I've called in a few favors from my extended family, and now I'm enrolled in this fancy prep school. Once I make it through my schooling, I'm gonna be able to do anything I want!

I'll really be free, then.

quote:

Skin: Fae

Hot: +2
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: +1

Looks: Girlish, mesmerizing eyes
Origin Fae Born

Moves

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:

they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Lure
Whenever someone makes a promise to you, they mark experience. Whenever someone breaks a promise to you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

Wingman
When you wax poetic about the beauty of another PC, that other PC rolls to turn on the person you're talking to.

The Constant Bargain
When someone asks you to do something important for them, and you do it, roll with hot.
On a 10 up, they lose a String on you, and you gain one on them.
On a 7-9, choose one or the other.
On a miss, you’ve shown that they can walk all over you, and they take a String on you.

Sex Move
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

Promises:
Wendy promised to help Hope when she needed it!
Serenity promised to have some quiet (naked) time with Hope and Cally on the second day of school! BROKEN! AND REVENGED!!!
Eve will treat Serenity and hope to a meal and show us around town after school. Fulfilled within reason.
Eve won't hurt Serenity!
Wendy promised no more violence!
Cally promised not to hurt Hope!
Eve promised that she won't lie to Hope!
Wendy promised she wouldn't be cruel!
Cally promised that she only needed Hope and Serenity! BROKEN
Cally promised she'll have Hope's back when she needs her!
Cally promised she won't let a single one of those awful people hurt me ever again!
Eve promised she'll give Cally's coat back tomorrow.

1. Tell me about another student you've had the pleasure (or displeasure) of interacting.

Jenna Lims is a real girl scout! Like, literally. She goes camping and has merit badges and stuff. But, I mean the other way, too. Like, she's also really sweet and thoughtful and doesn't lie. When I was trying to figure out which bus route to take home, she helped me figure it out. I gotta do something nice for her.

...and I think she might have seen me while I was out running through the park one night. She probably doesn't know it was me though.

Probably.

2. Tell me about a teacher or facility member you've met or had to deal with.

The librarian, Mrs. Pinche, is a real battle ax. Other students say she's actually allergic to fun. It sure would explain the selection of books in the library. Only English classics and reference books. Any books anyone would actually want to read have a mysterious habit of disappearing overnight.

And god help you if you return a book late.

3. Tell me any interesting places you've seen or heard of from the other students.

There's lots of Ways from this side back to the Woods of the Faerie. But most of them in the city are in out of the way places that people have forgotten, in abandoned tunnels and overgrown woods.

Except for the one in Golden Gate Park. It's right in the middle of the park, with all the statues and sculptures. It's in the form of a sculpture of an open doorway. Yeah, I know. Subtle, huh?The weird thing is that people walk right by it all the time. And I've never seen someone accidentally blunder into it.
Well, almost never.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 21, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

BallisticClipboard posted:

QUESTION 1 (part 2)
Hope: What made you interested in the mortal world? What is it about their freedom that makes your world's feel like bonds?

What makes me interested in the mortal world? All the stuff in it! I mean, have you seen TV? Anytime you want, boom. You can find something to entertain you. Even looking for something fun is an adventure on there. You never know what you'll find. And TV's got nothing on the internet! And man, you guys have the best food. See, no one really needs to eat in the Fae Courts, so they haven't spent all the time figuring out to make dead animals and plants be so delicious!

I mean, some of the rules here a bummer. Like clothes, for instance. And sure, there's a lot of cool things back home, but I've already done everything there is to do there! I've even tried some of the stuff that didn't interest me, like magma diving, just to see if doing something I didn't like would make me like the things I used to like again. And, surprise surprise, it didn't.

All it did is give me a nasty sunburn.

Here, though, everything changes so fast that there's no time to get fed up with something. I've walked down the same streets for months now, and all the billboards have changed at least once, and even a few of the stores were gone and replaced with different ones. Nothing changes that fast back home! So, I don't think I'll ever get bored here. How could I?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

BallisticClipboard posted:

-Question 2-
Hope: Tell me about your homeland. How do people there feel about you living here on a semi-permanent basis? How easy was it to ask for permission to do this? A simple please, thank you or did you have to strike a bargain? Also, how has integrating into the mortal world gone?

Oh! It's a really great place! All of the wilds are pristine, and the locals are (mostly) friendly! I spent countless years exploring everything I could find.

It's awful dangerous if you aren't from around there, though. There's a reason most people who go into the Fae lands never come back. For one, it's considered merely rude to harm mortals in your domain. After all, they didn't ask for permission to enter.

Opinion about me living here though are pretty mixed, though. A lot of the older Fae seem to think me roughing it out with the mortals an amusing diversion and they gossip about me all the time. I've even found some scrying tokens planted on my things when I leave my nightly runs through the Faerie. If they want to know what I get up to while I'm away, they could just ask. .

Most of the younger fae, though, tend to take my decision as some sort of personal slight. Like, they're so boring I had to go to another world to find something fun to do. Either way, everyone thinks it's a phase, though. Just give me a decade or two and I'll grow out of it. Shows what they know. I'm going to do this forever!

No one can really keep me on the Faerie lands, technically. It's not like I'm sworn to anyone's service. Still, I had to get permission from the Faerie lord who controlled the lands the gate I wanted to use was on. I had to promise to bring the lord a new secret every week I use the gate.

And as far as figuring out my place in this world, it's... well, at least the worst of it was over quickly? Like, apparently people here freak out if you don't wear enough clothing. And you've got to pay just to eat! How crazy is that!? I think I've the basics figured out, but there's still so many weird exceptions to rules. Like, if you're going swimming, it's ok to wear less clothes! But if you go swimming and try to go home, you've got to change at the water.

Mortals are so strange.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hope's backstory

quote:

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Give everyone one String.

People here really bottle things up. They hide their feelings way too much. That's just not good for you. But, I'm not gonna be like that ever! Maybe they'll learn to loosen up a little, too!

quote:

You’ve captured someone’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.

So, there's a girl who's been falling over herself to help me. I think her name is... Eve? Sorry, I'm really bad with names... Anyway, she's a nice, but she's a little weird. Even for a mortal! She just gets all dour and pouty every now and then, but then things go her way! I wish I had that kind of luck!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, put together this stringsheet. Does anyone else have any backgrounds left?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hunt11 posted:

Still missing Serenity's bully and Wendy's true love.

Gato took the bully, actually.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, now the Mortal Picks Last (TM).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hunt11 posted:

I have been moving over the last couple days so that is why I have not been updating. Sorry about the delays but I should be able to get a post up within the next two hours.

Best of luck with the move! Please don't beat Hope up again!

• Locked thread