Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Not a single bad episode and it's balls to the walls amazing.

We did the right thing by taking it from Mexico just so we could have this series of television episodes alone. It's even better than Vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
K

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
God bless those first Texans who so gallantly started a war and gave their lives for the inalienable human right to own other human beings as property.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Hadnt heard of it till now, thanks for the recommendation, original poster.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Yes I would. Would love to hear more details.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I bet they go the entire series without mentioning slavery once.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I bet they go the entire series without mentioning slavery once.

Slavery is there dingus. It's History Channel, the three things they love the most are Aliens, Hitler, and Slavery....in that preferred order.

Mordacai
May 23, 2015

by Ralp
How far above sea level?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how i became hitler's alien slave

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
There was some loving insane thunder in Texas yesterday. Like it shook the whole building and feltl ike I was sitting on a subwoofer.

was that covered OP? important

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Inside Out Mom posted:

Yes I would. Would love to hear more details.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

There was some loving insane thunder in Texas yesterday. Like it shook the whole building and feltl ike I was sitting on a subwoofer.

was that covered OP? important

Everything you ever wanted to know about Texas and even stuff you did not want to know will be covered by every single foulmouthed, gorey, violent detail.

With accompanying shots of beautiful vistas of the wilderness

there are also lots and lots of horses.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Im a northern Liberal but i have fantasies of being a redneck. Useing the n word, shooting a silver pistol, and wearing a big old hat. I'll watch a couple of eps and then post on my facebook about how sourthern i am, and how nuanced the history of the south is, moreso than i realized.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
My family members, who also watch, will be all like "hey great show" and they will give me a thumb up on my comments.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Im a northern Liberal but i have fantasies of being a redneck. Useing the n word, shooting a silver pistol, and wearing a big old hat. I'll watch a couple of eps and then post on my facebook about how sourthern i am, and how nuanced the history of the south is, moreso than i realized.

My Uncle actually did this, he moved from upper state new york to Alabama and then Georgia.

He also bought and currently lives in a Cabin

His name is Tom.

and every family event(or even going to 7-11) he can't loving wait to show you the gun that he has in his overhauls.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

God bless those first Texans who so gallantly started a war and gave their lives for the inalienable human right to own other human beings as property.

after watching the previews i noticed that for whatever reason the whole "we started a war of independence over slavery" thing never came up

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

yet another taint painfully reaped

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

don't be fooled, your image of a redneck is actually what texans want to be because they unironically think that wearing a cowboy hat and driving a F150 makes you a man with an average-sized penis (as opposed to smaller-than-average).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Business Gorillas posted:

don't be fooled, your image of a redneck is actually what texans want to be because they unironically think that wearing a cowboy hat and driving a F150 makes you a man with an average-sized penis (as opposed to smaller-than-average).

You're confusing Texas with Alabama. Like You can't drive an F150 into the city, you pay premium parking for large trucks.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Upstate NY may as well be the south. Only difference is it snows a lot.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

everything cool about the south (blues, soul food, etc) is strictly due to populations that the south would, if left to its own devices, be hanging from trees and/or in permanent slavery

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

the south manages to own in spite of itself

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

everything cool about the south (blues, soul food, etc) is strictly due to populations that the south would, if left to its own devices, be hanging from trees and/or in permanent slavery

I had no idea Baltimore was in the South.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

It is

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"Soul food" is the crap that gets cut away when the real food is prepared.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

I had no idea Baltimore was in the South.

Maryland was basically a Southern state in sentiment; only overwhelming nearby Union military presence kept them from breaking away during the war. John Wilkes Booth himself was from Maryland

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

as a northern neo-Unionist I have fantasies about tarring and feathering copperheads, want 2 meet up (no butt stuff)

the south manages to own in spite of itself

the things which own about the South tend to own in spite of, and not because of, the South

edit: Jastiger did nothing wrong :twisted:

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 26, 2015

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
When is this on? What channel? How many episodes did I already miss?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

GORDON posted:

this is actually how most of the best food is made, since you have to improvise and experiment when you can't just eat boiled meat all day, hth

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

GORDON posted:

lobster is peasant ocean bug food enjoy your idiocy.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

*Starts pissing and making GBS threads all over the floor while spinning on his rear end cheeks* loving JESUS HELP ME I CANT STOP IT

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
death to those who insult cajun

Mordacai
May 23, 2015

by Ralp

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

death to those who insult cajun

Is Cajun country the backwards hillbilly south I see on tv? With swamps, houseboats, meth labs, catching crawfish, frogs and gators for a living?

Mordacai fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 26, 2015

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
the review i read said it was full of painfully boring dialogue and almost no action

don't let your taint be reaped

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
do they cover the texas rangers war crimes?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Texas Toast

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mordacai posted:

Is Cajun country the backwards hillbilly south I see on tv? With swamps, houseboats, meth labs, catching crawfish, frogs and gators for a living?

yes and the most delicious cuisine God has seen fit to allow on this gay earth

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

. It's History Channel, the three things they love the most are Aliens, Hitler, and Slavery....in that preferred order.

VICE bought H2 recently from the history channel. so, gonzo alien journalism?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cajun accents are very pleasing.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
On one hand, racist white texans deserve no glory. On the other, Paxton is the man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This doesn't look anything like South Texas.

• Locked thread