Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I pronounce it differently

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1LfOiR6Ab06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

https://m.soundcloud.com/user270149682/sapost

Never actually read more than the first sentence until I read it for that recording. RIP in peace niggerstomper58

perfect

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

yeah that's actually unacceptable to me as well

It's way better..makes the phrase roll off the tongue instead of sounding like some medical diagnosis

I think people just like the similarity to OG but SA posters know nothing about that. Awp is better

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 27, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

luckily i've never actually found myself in a situation where i am talking about "original posts" in real life but i still choose not to pronounce it "awp" in my head because that sounds utterly ridiculous.

I think i actually find "gas thread ban OP" less funny now that i know most people have been pronouncing it O-P. gently caress this

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm this seems to be really important to you..to answer your question,

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I also pronounce lol like "lawl" to myself, something I never do at your posts, Tujague

OG has never ever been pronounced like "agh" in the history of the phrase. In fact the point I made in the first place depended on it being pronounced letter by letter, another reason why your post is an idiot post grasping at straws. I said people like to make OP sound like OG, but if they don't say it like Op(eration) which was the whole point of this then..fill in the rest yourself

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 28, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Youre a little bitch tujague..pronounce that letter by letter

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

This one guy is used to know would say "lulz" whenever something was funny instead of laughing or chuckling. It's three letters whenever i think about it. Anything else and youre as dumb as this person was even if you have the good sense not to say it aloud

I think we can agree to disagree on this issue. You know how sometimes they make acronyms sound like words..you may have at one point said a few of them yourself. SWAT is an acronym, didnt you know?? Do you sound that out or say it as a word..how far do you want to go with this

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

I feel you on pronounced acronyms. Plenty exist. I just think the phonetic of LOL and OP sounds particularly dumb especially because they belong to the internet and should honestly stay there.

I mean yea it sounds stupid that's part of the point. I thought people here were all about that irony poo poo. My friends and I thought being half retarded on purpose was hilarious when we were teenagers, and this is like the perennial teenage forum. Goons can't even commit..lol

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Like, O-P sounds official and important, which is what most acronyms are made for (official and important things). Op just sounds like some idiot saying some poo poo which I thought was the tone we were going for here in the Gibbis. I can't believe no one else pronounces it like that to themselves. This has seriously rocked my world...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

les fleurs du mall posted:

Thx for posting your awesome jokes in my thread would you like to post some more? perhaps about the market value of starch in cambodia or somth

I started to do a niggerstomper reading but I didn't come off like the right kind of crazy so I aborted. This is the best way I can contribute. The status quo must be questioned if we are to move forward as a people.

• Locked thread