Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
So with Freelusion's act this week... all the judges were like "THAT WAS A REAL MACHINE" but.. it was obviously just projected? Are the judges idiots or am I missing the joke?

Also, as much as I hate ventriloquists and Howie, I have to say, that bit with Howie had me laughing my rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

That drat Satyr posted:

Also, as much as I hate ventriloquists and Howie, I have to say, that bit with Howie had me laughing my rear end off.

It was a really clever subversion of the genre and Howie's apparent reticence to play along made it perfect.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

That drat Satyr posted:

So with Freelusion's act this week... all the judges were like "THAT WAS A REAL MACHINE" but.. it was obviously just projected? Are the judges idiots or am I missing the joke?

That was confusing, I *think* they were just talking about the robot arm from the first part of the act that actually was a real robot.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Finals tonight. I dont think Piff is gonna win. gently caress Benton Blout and Gary Vider.

EDIT: YAY STEVIE :neckbeard:

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 16, 2015

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Drew Lynch would be so much better if he stopped laughing at his own jokes.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

somekindofguy posted:

Finals tonight. I dont think Piff is gonna win. gently caress Benton Blout and Gary Vider.

EDIT: YAY STEVIE :neckbeard:

Granted Gary Vider's set wasn't as terrible as previous weeks, but I have no idea how he made it to the finals.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I love the Regurgitator

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Finale on now. They just jammed in the magic into one segment, with some tongue in cheek stuff for good measure. Reference to the bad dog switch by Piff last night.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was slurring a bit there from whatever he had stashed in his mouth.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, it was Big Barry and Jerry Springer. Cameos!

Also yay Terry Fator. Its like some sort of weird fanfic except real.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why do they insist on always calling him "The Professional Regurgitator"? Everyone else uses their name.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Rest in Piss Piff. Talk about robbing Piff to pay Paul.

Please let anyone but Drew win.

EDIT: 5 seasons without a singer!

Second edit: loving HELL.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 17, 2015

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Uh oh. Drew in final 2

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Come on lonely housewives, save us from Drew.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Please don't let the sympathy story win out.

Aw who am I kidding.

At least there was a refreshing lack of patriotic pandering this season, eh.

EDIT: SAINT loving PAUL

best of luck Drew. You probably got a nice career ahead of you :unsmith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

somekindofguy posted:

Please don't let the sympathy story win out.

Aw who am I kidding.

At least there was a refreshing lack of patriotic pandering this season, eh.

Wasn't Drew's stutter a combat injury?

Points for him for not using that all the time though I guess.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Wasn't Drew's stutter a combat injury?

Points for him for not using that all the time though I guess.

Softball injury actually. You might be thinking of Tim Poe, who was apparently faking his.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm glad the voters didn't hold his last act against him.

While I'm sure the voice switching and all that is way more difficult technically than anything he did before, it wasn't as flashy as leaving the dummy onstage or the remote mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
gently caress how hell did that guy win he was really one of the worst acts and whenever he was on I woudl fast forward it. I cant believe how dumb people are why would you ever vote for a ventriloquist the lowest form of comedy. Good grief.

• Locked thread